Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What's your average words per minute?

If you don't know try out typeracer.com

I'm at around 75 - 80; playing WoW for about 6 years really improved my typing.

Edit: Also if you guys know any jobs that require a certain amount of wpm I would like to know; just curious is all.
    Last edited by Haywire5714; 2013-09-08 at 05:48 AM.

130 or something last I checked. I'm jelly of all those folks running at 180+. Saw someone at like 210 or something.

Edit: I guess I shouldn't have just blurted it out. On another test I was running at 130 like I said but on this one I'm barely breaking a 100.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-09-08 at 07:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I've gotten to like 116 or something on 10 fast fingers but it's a wicked easy test, I'm usually at like 108-110 average I'd say.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

i seem to make alot of typos when i try to type blind
    my score was 54 wpm was seem abit low ill try to practice :P
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    About 140-160 I learned my typing... from Diablo 2 literally It's quite ackwerd but hey it actually helped in school haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Keyboard layout can affect typing speed. Dvorak is supposed to be faster than QWERTY.

I average at about 150wpm on the Qwerty style keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Keyboard layout is a big factor in typing speed.
    So true, especially with the Dvorak keyboard layout.

i donno all the shift to do 1 big letter seem to slow me down quite alot im having trouble with shift and the right hand stuff like , . ' etc
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can do about 60 its a pretty respectable number

Considering I haven't slept yet, and I'm tired, + english not being my native language, I guess I did pretty well.

I also had to pass a test to prove I wasn't cheating, if you get more than 105 or so and aren't logged in they ask you to do it...

10+ Year Old Account
    93 wpm, not bad, I used to be at 84, so it looks like a big improvement over the past year and a half.

mid to high 60's pretty consistently.

Deleted
    I usually get low 80s in my native language (Swedish) and somewhere around 100 in English.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only hitting the mid-60s tonight, but that is without half of my dominant hand (currently having it looked into, but likely carpal tunnel, repetitive motion injury, or pinched nerve).

I have taken typing tests for employment placement quite a while back, and scored higher (mid 90s-110s). I am currently a bit out of practice though.. usually even with the hand issues I can hit a little higher. Current job also requires an awkward, short-hand style typing that may or may not be having an effect.

I do type really non-traditionally (no home row here), but usually it is more than sufficient for whatever I am trying to do.

85-95 WPM average with maximum speed of 105 so far .

High 60s low 70s for me, but with great accuracy

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving this to off-topic...

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Last I tested, like 150+ or something. Somewhere around the mid 100s or so anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Average is around 80-90, used to be about 110-120.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I type so much faster when it is my own words I am typing rather than transcribing something. I have gotten worse over the years though. In school I was at about 90 WPM, now I was only averaging 40! I could blame it on the hour and lack of sleep, but I think it is just out of practice, lol.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card