130 68.06%
  • No

61 31.94%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    Faction change?
    so you have enough money to faction change all my other friends to my current faction? me and mine are about 50/50 horde/alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    Factions are for PvP and for more story, but still the Warcraft games has always had factions since WC1, bringing in cross faction grouping would just be weird after creating a character in a certain faction.
    You can fight teams of your faction in the arena, one of the primary means of end-game PvP... and I'll agree that it would be a little weird from a lore perspective, but no more weird than anything else they've done at this point.

I don't know about grouping with your rival faction.

What I would like to see (and I hope that pandas are a prelude to it) is no matter what race you are you can choose your faction.

I never liked the idea just cause your a undead your horde and just cause your a dwarf your alliance.

I like character choice.

Maybe only for RP realms though.

10+ Year Old Account
    In some cases, races of the Horde being 'friends' or atleast allies with the races of the Alliance makes sense. Not everybody supports the war and pulls back from it. So long as it'd be battle.net friends? Sure, why not.

-Credit to Mythriz for the signature and avatar!

Honestly yeah, I feel like the whole Alliance vs Horde things has gotten to the point of over use, and it would be nice to see the two factions work with each other against a common enemy, and I hope that with the change in leader for the Horde such a thing could be possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    The more they separate themselves from this idiotic faction war as the "war" in warcraft, the better everything will be for everyone other than griefers, gankers and other scrubs that only play the game it give other people a hard time.
    100% agree.

In the form of it being only with Battle.net friends I wouldn't be opposed to it.

I could even see Arena's allowing cross faction teams. I mean we already fight our own factions in arena so lore wise its not "wrong".

No, this isn't world of Hippycraft. We're at war. The day that changes is the day the title of the game no longer makes sense and cats and dogs start living together. The walls will start bleeding and reality will unravel. Also the horde doesn't have use for gnomes except to use as footballs.

Remember when faction change was first announced and people freaked the f*** out? We've surely changed since then.

I don't see anything wrong with it. Ever since WotLK, Blizzard has been making it easier to play with people who aren't on your server (LFD, LFR, CRZ, Battle.net friends, etc.) so I don't see the big deal with being able to play with your opposite-faction friends.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    No, this isn't world of Hippycraft. We're at war. The day that changes is the day the title of the game no longer makes sense and cats and dogs start living together. The walls will start bleeding and reality will unravel. Also the horde doesn't have use for gnomes except to use as footballs.
    To be fair, the game hasn't made sense for quite a while.
    Last edited by lopk; 2013-09-08 at 03:30 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and Rift made it happen and it did not break the game.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I've had this problem for years. Hell way before faction change even existed. But come on...we have to keep SOME war in warcraft. You should make a character on their side to play with them or vice versa. Heck you should be playing with your friends to begin with. The faction line is core to the game, and it is one that will never be broken even if lorewise it is at every turn since Warcraft III

I would appreciate this option only because I'm running out of interest in my Alliance characters and I would like a blood elf or two but still be able to play the same way and actually supply those alts with my existing characters. Maybe Blizzard could add the same neutral-and-choose options to all the starting zones like they did for Pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    Nope, one of the things that I really like about WoW still are the opposing factions. They have already changed so many core aspects of the game to fit what people want, if they change this it would be too large of a deviation from the heart of the game. It is called the World of Warcraft....you can't be all friendly with the other side lol
    This idea behind where the game should be focused "WARCRAFT" is one of the driving factors behind why I've been looking for a new MMO, the constant focus on combat in this game has gotten so repetative its just unfreaking believable anymore. The player owned farm was finally a step in the right direction for side stuff to do on WoW but it's still a long ways off from the types of things I wanna see in the game personally.

I've been behind the idea of players being neutral with each other even back in Burning Crusade (My friends got me started playing WoW, and they were Horde, on a PvP server, the constant ganking drove me insane to the point to where I can't stand to play PvP at all anymore and quite frankly would like it outright removed from PvE servers entirely, especially the ability to kill quest givers and such for the opposing faction (I mean whats the point of playing a PvE server if people are gonna do PvP crap to annoy you anyway?))

It's doable, but so far Blizzard has resisted this idea. IMO, cross-factions parties should exist, but should have some limitations:

- You can party up with characters from other faction only throught Real Id or BattleTag. You can't invite ramdom people.

- Language barrier is lifted in channels /w, /p and /i, allowing cross-faction parties to comunicate. Using /s or /y still uses language barrier (this already works in-game. You can understand your allies' languages when they talk in /p, /i and /g channels).

- Being in a cross-faction party have no effect to World PvP or NPCs reactions towards you. A Horde character in an Alliance party is still attacked by Alliance NPCs. If he is PvP-flagged, he appear "blue" (non-attackable) to his party members, but can still be attacked by other players. These limitations do not apply inside instances, where everyone is treated as part of the same faction.

- Cross-faction parties can only share and help each other complete quests that are not faction-specific.

- Cross-faction parties can't enter Battlegrounds, but they can make arena teams.

- If the cross-faction party enters an instance that has different content based on faction (like ICC or a scenario), the version of the instance will be defined by whichever faction has the most players in the party (or the Leader's faction, if there is a tie).

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    1: If tank and healer are different faction, too many deaths will occur..
    2: My friends would never play Alliance, so it won't be a problem... and if they did, they wouldn't be my friends anymore...
    That's abit rich isn't it considering you yourself have an alliance character?:P

OT: If you want to play with your friends that much, Just make an Alt, I see no fit reason to be able to group with them.

No of course not

Most of the fun i have is flaming, ganking and having a good old fashion rivalry with my ally friends.

Yeah im sure you will argue i will still have that but it wont seem the same to me

Why keep watering down this game anymore than it needs to be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    That's abit rich isn't it considering you yourself have an alliance character?:P

OT: If you want to play with your friends that much, Just make an Alt, I see no fit reason to be able to group with them.
    That aliance toon, was made solely for the reason of Double Agent achevement, and not something I play...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Yup, we're at war. With the Legion, the naga, the Old Gods etc. I think there's enough war.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Yup, we're at war. With the Legion, the naga, the Old Gods etc. I think there's enough war.
    Yep. The "this is WARcraft not PEACEcraft" 'argument' is very weak when faced with that. The Horde-Alliance wars are a sideshow nowadays, they were a sideshown even in Warcraft 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, id drop my subscription in a flash. its a faction pride thing. i chose to be horde because i liked their story and races better. my friends are also Hordies. if they went alliance (some actually have both factions) id not play with them any more. if i want to play with them, then i would make an alliance toon in that case. but i would totally hate seeing alliance races in the same group as my Horde girls. it would just seem too awkward for me to accept.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.