Voters
191. This poll is closed
  • Yes

130 68.06%
  • No

61 31.94%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It seems to me that the people against it all seem like the PVP crowd.

IMO much of this game has suffered due to faction balance. Story lines that make no sense (the most recent being the SoO) is one of the most obvious ways.

I would like to see this faction stuff just go away, it is just plain stupid the way Blizz does it. What is the point of faction wars? Do you ever have any real victories, losses, gain or loose ground. Nope all because of faction balance.

The only reason the factions are still here is for PVP. I hate pvp so I hate the idea of factions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    2: My friends would never play Alliance, so it won't be a problem... and if they did, they wouldn't be my friends anymore...
    This... if its ally it CNAT be a friend!

Deleted
    The poll makes me want to cry, the whole entire game is based around two separate factions you choose one or the either and you have to take the pros and the cons that go with it. The day that factions can talk to each other and group up is the day I quit. May aswell be allowed in each others cities unopposed.

Deleted
    If Vol'jin can team up with Varian, I should be able to team up with my horde friends. Unfortunately there are so many issues involved with tackling something like that that the only thing I could probably do with a player with the other faction is dungeons and raids, can't do PvP, quests, exploring, raiding towns, world pvp etc.

Deleted
    would like the idea, that if a friend invites you, you get the transform buff from CoT and then are allowed too queue with them for a dung/scen/lfr.
    but not for pvp, that should remain red vs blue at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    It seems to me that the people against it all seem like the PVP crowd.

IMO much of this game has suffered due to faction balance. Story lines that make no sense (the most recent being the SoO) is one of the most obvious ways.

I would like to see this faction stuff just go away, it is just plain stupid the way Blizz does it. What is the point of faction wars? Do you ever have any real victories, losses, gain or loose ground. Nope all because of faction balance.

The only reason the factions are still here is for PVP. I hate pvp so I hate the idea of factions.
    I agree with this, but I'll add more. Everything is about the factions, pvpers who are against cross faction partying should stop doing arena and/or RBG's. Since you fight same faction teams it makes no sense from a lore stand point and a faction standpoint. Why would two alliance parties fight against each other for gilneas? The war argument is gone the second they made arena/RBGs have the potential for same faction matches.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Don't be a jerk. Roll an Alliance (Worgen or Panda makes it easier to swallow, IMO) and play with your friends. Use the shit out of them to gear you up to speed. Profit.
    Exactly what I did.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

Deleted
    I would like to see flexible fractions where players have to make decisions while being in certain areas or quests what road they prefer and not generally being "a member of da horde or da alliance". While both Fractions may have their difficulties it should be up to the champions with whom they are going to fight and against whom. Champions are champions and should not be straight part of "red or blue". To maintain PVP lore they have to maintain absurd twists like bg-reasons who can be "overlooked" here there and then again while progressing the pve story... Join a new land and do the same quests with both fractions because the quest givers are all kind too each other just sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    I think the faction barrier (at least on PvE realms) is one of the most backward and outdated parts of WoW's design that's still in place. The idea of two factions with separate quests, races etc. is awesome and adds a ton of flavour, but arbitrarily preventing half your playerbase from communicating and interacting with the other half is really hard to justify in a primarily PvE-based MMO.
    ^This is pretty much what my stance has been on the issue for a very long time.

There's already an extreme lack of community feel in WoW, the most popular MMO ever created. It's really impressive how Blizzard manages to get 10 million players, only to force zero interaction between any of them. Every day we continue to silently do our LFR's, random dungeons, battlegrounds, etc. There's just no need to talk to people. And even if you WANT to interact with someone, they could be on a different server, or a different faction, causing you to have to pay money to play with your friends.

Deleted
    That could actually make me resub, I don't get all this faction pride bullshit.

Deleted
    I'd like to stomp their faces yes, ofcourse I would

Deleted
    I would love this. Alliance and Horde always fight the same enemies (raid bosses) - it should be a given that they can do it together.

Problem is: As soon as you give this option to PVE, PvP players would demand the same because of friends with other faction. There has to be a good reason why to exclude PvP or a good solution how to include it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    Yeah honestly I think it is something that could bring back a decent amount of subs. Granted some would be lost but the ones that would be gained I think would be higher.

I also think it would help with the game as a whole. Then the storylines would not have to revolve around faction balance anymore.

They could very easily do it the same way that RIFT handled it, where you can still have a faction conflict while letting the heroes/adventurers know when to ally with one another. Since there aren't really "zone events" in the Rift sense, it could be expanded to only work for LFG/LFR/Instances, and nothing would be lost. You still could PVP, you still could run BGs, you still could not go into an enemy area without the guards attacking you, but it would let us group with our friends on the other side.

Red vs. Blue is a tired concept anyways.

The real irony though is that you can still have World of WARcraft and yet allow us to ally with each other since we aren't part of the factions in anything other than name. That's what Rift did, you're still Guardian or Defiant but being an Ascended you know when it's best to ally with your "enemy" for the greater good. WoW can (and has, see ICC, ToT and Firelands) do the same thing without losing the "Warcraft" part at all.

Besides, if they did it chances are it wouldn't affect PVP servers anyways so all the whiners about "But mah world PVP!" wouldn't have to worry about it. And if there was a mass exodus off PVP servers (like in Rift, poor Seastone...) it would show that there really isn't a lot of people who give a shit about PVP.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2013-09-08 at 04:02 PM.

I have friends on different factions and different servers. I would love to show them how much my main can kick ass. Instead I have a collection of alts I've abandoned on other servers.

I would love to see real-id invites to group give players a faction changing buff when they enter dungeons / raids so that they pretend to be the leader's faction. Out in the world life is more harsh; I don't want to see mixed faction 40 man raids that can toggle faction and gank whoever they like or kill world bosses together. Instead when you're in the real world you should remain your own faction, grouping should just let you know where the other guy is and put you on the same zone server.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Deleted
    could be a nice option, but would make very little sense in dungeons and scenarios that differ depending on which faction that runs it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    Me neither, especially considering how poor and forced the lore in this regard is, heck my character is a deathknight and champion of 3 dozen factions that represent an interracial effort to beat something.

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    could be a nice option, but would make very little sense in dungeons and scenarios that differ depending on which faction that runs it.
    The way this worked in Rift was based on whoever was Party leader, so in this case if Horde was party leader then the dungeon would assume everyone was Horde and it would be the Horde "version", and vice versa. It would break immersion, but most everything in WoW does.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see this idea implemented for PvE instances and arenas. From a lore point of view, nobody can tell me I can't be friends with an Undead Mage or a Blood Elf Paladin. We could have met in the Argent Tournament, had some duels / jousts, and have become BFFs. The lore has nothing to do with random heroes having to party up only with other random heroes that wear the same flag you do. Sunwalker Dezco and Anduin can be friends. Velen and Lady Liadrin are friends. Thrall and Jaina are friends. Hell, if you see any faction outside the Alliance and Horde, they involve races of both factions. Argent Crusade, Knights of the Ebon Blade, Scourge, Earthen Ring, Emerald Circle, Twilight's Hammer... They have Horde and Alliance races there and nobody bats an eye.

Mechanics-wise, this could only efficiently be implemented in scenarios, dungeons, raids and arenas. Questing is out of the picture because a lot of zones are about the faction war. Battlegrounds wouldn't work because it's also about "RvB". But when you are in a fight against the Thunder King, you will make a deal with anyone in order to survive. As with arenas, they have nothing to do with lore. It's just a random group of people versus random group of people. Varian did arenas with a Blood Elf teammate. Thrall also did arenas with different races. Why can't I do the same when I am NOT a slave to anyone?

I would also limit this to RealID / battle tag friends only, because they are obviously my friends. If Alliance player gets grouped with a random Horde player, one can easily get pissed at the other because he ganked him when he was low level or stole his rare mob or whatnot.
    Last edited by Pisholina; 2013-09-08 at 04:20 PM.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Are there still players who somehow haven't gotten around to making characters for both factions, after all these years? Seems weird to blame Blizzard's existing system when it could be argued that the fault lies with the players who are apparently unwilling to take action to change the situations they put themselves in.