Voters
191. This poll is closed
  • Yes

130 68.06%
  • No

61 31.94%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus345 View Post
    Are there still players who somehow haven't gotten around to making characters for both factions, after all these years? Seems weird to blame Blizzard's existing system when it could be argued that the fault lies with the players who are apparently unwilling to take action to change the situations they put themselves in.
    It's not about making characters for both factions, it's about having friends on one side when you're on the other side. I would argue it's pretty fucking stupid to have two of the same character (roughly) on each faction to appease an outdated and illogical segregation imposed on you. Most of us do have multiple characters on both factions, but we do tend to have a main character and if that main character is on one faction while our friends are on another, then we can't play the game with them.

The fact that you think the real issue here can be solved by having an alt on the other faction shows that you really don't understand what the issue is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I believe that if you're friends with someone on either side, you should be able to do dungeons, raids, rated BG's and arena together. Hell, even questing should be possible (although that would require more neutral hubs across the continents).

There isn't a lot of reason to keep Horde and Alliance so separated. I mean, there's a lot of friendship/truces/agreements between prominent lore characters across both factions so I don't see how the same logic can't apply to friends on either side of the fence. Another point is we usually fight a common enemy so in that regard it makes sense too.

Make it happen please.
    Last edited by Shuji V2; 2013-09-08 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus345 View Post
    Are there still players who somehow haven't gotten around to making characters for both factions, after all these years? Seems weird to blame Blizzard's existing system when it could be argued that the fault lies with the players who are apparently unwilling to take action to change the situations they put themselves in.
    I took a break from WoW and many of my friends had transferred to horde. So I made a pally leveled it to 90 got it to a 500 item level and guess what I don't like pally. So he just sits in the capital doing nothing.

I am sure as hell not going to level another toon. I have 6 90s on alliance side already.

Think forming a group with the oposite faction should be available for dungeons, raids and the like.
    Especially raids which are lorewise mostly a combined efford of Horde & Alliance champions.

Questing however should stay seperate.

I have studiously avoided going to the evil side for eight years. Even knowing, no specially knowing how much easier it would make my raiding.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Factions do nothing but make for a half-assed story that never goes anywhere because gameplay requires a "balance" to accomodate the playerbase between said factions. You can do rated pvp as arena or "war-games" BGs against anyone and world pvp can be held in more prevalent zones like Gurubashi arena etc. Factions split the story in half and resolve nothing. Yes this is Warcraft, and until MoP the Alliance and Horde were at WAR with every big threat coming to Azeroth, not solely each other. Gameplay prevented them from doing a faction war properly, no one gains or loses anything and the loser walks away unscathed while the victor walks away empty-handed? You call that a compelling war story? I call that a turd-filled toilet of a story.
    The more they separate themselves from this idiotic faction war as the "war" in warcraft, the better everything will be for everyone other than griefers, gankers and other scrubs that only play the game it give other people a hard time.
    this, faction are basically useless, no one win no one lose and everyone cry so crossfaction does 0 damage to gameplay and potentially solve alot of issues. Lorewise we are mercenaries not faction soldiers so a small story that explain why adventurers can crossfaction will easly solve the problem.
    I'm all in for that maybe we will see less "blizzard hate my faction" threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, no more of this crap. If you want to play with friends, pick the same dam faction.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Great idea. Would love it PVE-wise. I'd also like if you could roll any race on any faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Pup View Post
    Great idea. Would love it PVE-wise. I'd also like if you could roll any race on any faction.

I have said this many times but as you can see from this tread, the pvp peoples would throw a tantrum.

I often wonder how well WoW would do if they just took the pvp element out of it. I mean it was barely present in Vanilla. Or maybe pvp only happens in pvp servers <shrug>

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    No, this isn't world of Hippycraft. We're at war.
    never ending pseudo-war that no one will ever win. bunch of bullshit tbh.

with that said, i'd rather they keep factions and allow cross-faction grouping with realid friends. lore wise it's perfectly plausible too.

EDIT: all instance stuff would work same as now. for world, make cross-faction groups attackable to both factions? (mark them yellow as when you're pvp flagged on pve server maybe?). i'd really love to see that happening.
    Last edited by Joey Ray III; 2013-09-08 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post

- - - Updated - - -

They always throw a tantrum about anything and everything. not a day goes by when pvp peoples are whining and bitching about everything under the sun. All they do is bitch and moan, and screw up things for the rest of us. They will be bitching and moaning regardless of whether or not people can group with their friends cross-faction. This is a non-issue. They all seemed to think MoP's faction war somehow resulted in the expansion being more pvp oriented (when it didn't), who really cares what they think anyways?
    Successful, rated pvp won't be changed anyways, as you face your faction all the time. griefers, duelers and zone disrupters might get butt hurt, but anything that drives them from the game is a good thing.
    I could not have said it better myself. I wonder how many of the people here fall into the greifers and disrupters, and that is why they are so apposed?

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I could not have said it better myself. I wonder how many of the people here fall into the greifers and disrupters, and that is why they are so apposed?
    Yea, they probably got bored cause the people they were harrassing for the night finally logged off WoW, so now they're on here to greif and distrupt instead... :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely. I have friends who are Horde and Alliance, and while the implementation of cross-realm grouping has made it easier to group with them (now I only have to have ONE high level Ally char instead of several), it's still a royal pain. Gear disparities have lead to everything from one of us having to compromise on what we wanted to do ("Well, I wanted to do LFR with you, but I don't have a high enough ilvl to do current tier... wanna faceroll heroics?") or just plain not being able to play together ("We really need a tank for our raid tonight, but my tank buddy is still in greens and blues"). It's still far more time consuming in MOP to keep two characters kitted out in current gear than it was in Wrath or Cata, and I just don't have the stomach to cap points on both characters every week. I just don't.

Put me in a human costume for all I care when my tauren groups with my Ally friends. Put his gnome in an orc suit when he groups with my Horde friends. I don't care how you spin it.

Gating friends from playing together at this point in the game just doesn't make good business sense.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    1: If tank and healer are different faction, too many deaths will occur..
    2: My friends would never play Alliance, so it won't be a problem... and if they did, they wouldn't be my friends anymore...
    Isn't that an alliance DK?