Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Since it's fairly clear at this point that EF is the route to go the next question is which haste breakpoint should we be aiming for on Tuesday? On live I was forging all of my gear (550 ilvl all spirit/mastery gear) and still unable to reach the 7170 point (I didnt do gems). Shall this breakpoint be something to aim for once we receive more SoO gear? Possibly hit 3506 until then? Seems like a lot of mastery to sacrifice to hit 7k one in ToT heroic BIS....What do you guys think?

1. Forge to 3506, then the rest mastery... until we get more SoO gear then start aiming for the 7k bp

2. Not worry about BPs for now and still go yolo mastery?

3. Screw it and forge all haste

which seems most viable?
    Last edited by fundot; 2013-09-08 at 10:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by fundot View Post
    Since it's fairly clear at this point that EF is the route to go the next question is which haste breakpoint should we be aiming for on Tuesday? On live I was forging all of my gear (550 ilvl all spirit/mastery gear) and still unable to reach the 7170 point (I didnt do gems). Shall this breakpoint be something to aim for once we receive more SoO gear? Possibly hit 3506 until then? Seems like a lot of mastery to sacrifice to hit 7k one in ToT heroic BIS....What do you guys think?
    Yeah, the 7170 breakpoint is a bit steep. 3506 is totally doable. In SoO there are also only a few (about 8 per raid level) int plate items with haste on them too, but at least they'll all either haste/mastery or haste/spirit. Our tier chest piece also has haste on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sellinz View Post
    hence why I wasn't criticizing Kolori's spreadsheet, good try though.
    Ah, it's the haste % referenced that you're having an issue with. I believe it's done that way so people don't get confused when looking at it since the breakpoints should come at that a whole number percent, not the actual haste % given for that rating and SoI/RB combination.
    Last edited by Jackielope; 2013-09-08 at 11:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Yea, I just wasn't a fan of the conflicting numbers posted in the totemspot one wasn't giving the proper values of what the number of points of haste you have equals to a % properly so I wanted a second look, Kolori's looks good though.

1. Forge to 3506, then the rest mastery... until we get more SoO gear then start aiming for the 7k bp

which seems most viable?
    how geared are you? I was able to get the 7170 pretty easily without changing any gems, I am probably just going to yolo mastery until I see otherwise though obviously going to change for some fights where absorbs aren't really going to matter.
    Last edited by Sellinz; 2013-09-08 at 11:14 PM.

which seems most viable?

I was able to reforge to 7240 haste on live gear just now by reforging all gear to haste from mastery and crit and only had to use 2 haste gems.

I went all spirit and int spirt gems for the rest for socket bonus and I'm only 528 ilvl.

how geared are you? I was able to get the 7170 pretty easily without changing any gems, I am probably just going to yolo mastery until I see otherwise though obviously going to change for some fights where absorbs aren't really going to matter.
    550, It is possible that reforgelite was bugging out for me, I was in a hurry to head to work so I'll have to double check when I get home. If you were able to achieve it then chances are I can as well. How much mastery did you lose in order to reach the 7k BP? It worries me to lose so much mastery for haste but maybe in the end and after a few weeks of playing around in 5.4 it will become more apparent exactly what numbers we want to shoot for.

I guess they safe route would be to go 3.5k haste then the rest mastery until we see more concrete numbers. Kolo's chart shows haste as being pretty attractive but I don't think he forged for any specific BP, I think it was alll haste or alll mastery, would be interesting to see how it changes with specific BP added in.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong!

At ilvl 528 it took me to a low low 15% mastery after 7170 haste which is probably not worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I just wasn't a fan of the conflicting numbers posted in the totemspot one wasn't giving the proper values of what the number of points of haste you have equals to a % properly so I wanted a second look, Kolori's looks good though.

It depends very much on what gear you have. Using the standard T15 head and shoulders with mastery offpieces, shield, mace, etc, you will need to use gems to get that much.

I have a few haste pieces that I picked up from ToT once I got wind that haste might be good in 5.4, so I'm able to get the 7170 breakpoint just by some reforging and have 26% mastery (unbuffed), 548 ilevel. I think I'm going to go ahead and try it out - I don't see why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    It depends very much on what gear you have. Using the standard T15 head and shoulders with mastery offpieces, shield, mace, etc, you will need to use gems to get that much.
    I can confirm this, I reforged every single piece of my gear (which is all mastery/spirit pieces and basically BIS) and I only got to 5485 haste. With some gems/chants I could probably push the 7k BP with losing a shit ton of mastery. Whether this is worth it, I don't know.

please let us know how testing goes for those who decided to forge pretty much all haste to reach this bp
    Last edited by fundot; 2013-09-09 at 02:57 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's gonna suck going from 54% mastery (with might) down to pre ToT levels I too kept a few haste pieces just-in-case so might get to dust them off and try get that 7xxx haste cap.

Thank god we don't have to wait much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    It's gonna suck going from 54% mastery (with might) down to pre ToT levels I too kept a few haste pieces just-in-case so might get to dust them off and try get that 7xxx haste cap.

Thank god we don't have to wait much longer.
    Not really since if you kept that it wouldn't work anywhere near as hard for you as it does now & you wouldn't have the regen to sustain it, so will feel useless.

Deleted
    Is it worth picking Sanctified Wrath talent (5.4)?
    while Bloodlust active + Divine Favor + GoAK during heavy dmg fight should be more effective then eternal_flame-over-raid-spamming while using holy avenger, am i right?

Deleted
    Hello all, since this is kinda a theorycrafting thread as well, I've got a question regarding Daybreak.

Currently, I'm always prioritizing casting Holy shock on cooldown. So in situations where I've only got one stack of Daybreak, I'm casting holy shock anyway. usually if I'm really in a AoE healing rotation like at Megaera's rampages, or the last phase of Ra-Den, the following holy shocks will always be with 2 stacks of Daybreak anyway, as Holy radiance is being spammed.

So, in situations like that, where Daybreak is actually semi-useful, is it worth delaying a Holy Shock cast to get two stacks of Daybreak? I believe casting Holy Shock on cooldown is more important, but I've read people say otherwise. I know this hardly matters at all, but I was just curious what's best for pure throughput. This is for 10 man by the way, if it matters.

What do you guys think?

Also, to stay on topic as well; for 5.4 I'm planning to go for the first haste breakpoint, and stack mastery from there on. I don't have a lot of gear with haste currently, so it'll mean a lot of mastery/spirit loss, if I were to go for the second breakpoint. Guess I'll see how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by druidlova View Post
    Is it worth picking Sanctified Wrath talent (5.4)?
    while Bloodlust active + Divine Favor + GoAK during heavy dmg fight should be more effective then eternal_flame-over-raid-spamming while using holy avenger, am i right?
    Short answer: No.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    please dont misunderstood my question, i want to ask if sanctified wrath (5.4) with maybe the glyphe, is a compatible option to holy avenger / divine purpose

with the holy shock adjustments, i assume it is an alternative to HA, more crits = higher mastery shield or is the holy avenger / divine purpose still the better talent due to the e.g. lower cooldown time

please excuse my bad typing, english is not my native language

Frankly all these questions about how much mastery you give up are just weird.
    If you now have say 2K haste and want to get 7170, you will lose...give or take 5200 mastery. It doesn't matter one bit if it's gems or reforges (except maybe it's perceived as easier to swap reforges). The off-by-50 or so you will be over the haste breakpoint have no actual relevance. This also means that using lower item level haste gear for instance is pointless, as you're better off just reforging or regemming your best gear. That said, having 2 gearsets with different stats is quite useful, if you have access to them.
    Personally I'm going to try to go full haste with EF and see how it feels. Mastery I feel only scales really well with HR, which is often hard to fully utilize in 10 mans.

10+ Year Old Account
    please dont misunderstood my question, i want to ask if sanctified wrath (5.4) with maybe the glyphe, is a compatible option to holy avenger / divine purpose

with the holy shock adjustments, i assume it is an alternative to HA, more crits = higher mastery shield or is the holy avenger / divine purpose still the better talent due to the e.g. lower cooldown time

please excuse my bad typing, english is not my native language
    Holy Avenger is still better. Divine purpose probably is too (I likely won't use it over HA). You realize it is only increasing the crit chance of Holy Shock right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    You realize it is only increasing the crit chance of Holy Shock right?
    + 50% off Holy Shock cooldown

10+ Year Old Account
    All you are getting out of it is 50% increase in HP gain from Holy Shock and more chances to proc Infusion of Light. That doesn't even come close to what you get out of Holy Avenger.

Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-09-09 at 07:14 PM.