Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    I hear a lot of people saying that we shouldn't help the Syrians because they are the ones that bombed us. I don't believe that, and I refuse to judge all Muslims over the evils of one select group (Al Qaeda). Besides good human beings help people even if they were enemies in the past, and if we don't help them then we are just as low as the people that bombed us.

If we don't do anything how will the rest of the world look at us? We will be the greedy rich kids that didn't help people when they needed it. Imagine how hated the US would become in the future. An entire generation of Syrians would hold grudges in their hearts against us if we don't help. Plus the vast majority that need help do not have links to Al Qaeda most are just women, children, and basically families. Yes, Al Qaeda hurt us bad, but it takes a bigger man to help his enemy than hate him. Helping Al Qaeda may actually force them to have a change of heart, and then the middle east may actually like Americans.

All I am saying is that there are also consequences if we don't do anything.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere (Martin Luther King).
    You are a disgrace to Guy Fawkes in your support of the Military Industrial Complex.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    What, you mean like how the world already fucking hates us for sticking our noses where they don't belong? And the deep-seated grudge already held against us for "helping" in the past?

A nice thought, but it doesn't really work in the 'real world'. We simply don't have the man power or political influence to fix every problem in the world. Not to mention that there's PLENTY of injustice carried on here at home, maybe we should fix that before meddling in the affairs of others?
    We can't solve everything, therefore solve nothing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by getupkid55 View Post
    You are a disgrace to Guy Fawkes in your support of the Military Industrial Complex.
    Guy Fawkes was pretty pro-military actually.

I hear a lot of people saying that we shouldn't help the Syrians because they are the ones that bombed us. I don't believe that, and I refuse to judge all Muslims over the evils of one select group (Al Qaeda). Besides good human beings help people even if they were enemies in the past, and if we don't help them then we are just as low as the people that bombed us.

If we don't do anything how will the rest of the world look at us? We will be the greedy rich kids that didn't help people when they needed it. Imagine how hated the US would become in the future. An entire generation of Syrians would hold grudges in their hearts against us if we don't help. Plus the vast majority that need help do not have links to Al Qaeda most are just women, children, and basically families. Yes, Al Qaeda hurt us bad, but it takes a bigger man to help his enemy than hate him. Helping Al Qaeda may actually force them to have a change of heart, and then the middle east may actually like Americans.

All I am saying is that there are also consequences if we don't do anything.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere (Martin Luther King).
    Helping Al Qaeda may actually force them to have a change of heart, and then the middle east may actually like Americans.

They hate the west because we are symbolically at the exact opposite end of the spectrum from them. They are religious extremists who want nothing more than absolute power and to oppress the people and enforce religious law. Helping them in Syria isnt going to make them come to some epiphany that they have been wrong all along. Your argument is naive and far too optimistic.

I mean we backed Iraq by spplying them with military and economic aid against Iran. We even gave them chemical weapons to use. Iraq turned out great for us.

Detroit is not a state, just sayin.....

Quote Originally Posted by uiemad View Post
    Helping Al Qaeda may actually force them to have a change of heart, and then the middle east may actually like Americans.
    Can we stop using this argument. Al Qaeda purpose is to kill Americans, and any western influence that trounces on it's ideology.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, I agree that we need to get involved as a country, but not for the same reasons.

1) Clear violations of international law but mainly,
    2) The message it sends to nuclear prolific countries (ie; North Korea) or countries trying to be (ie; Iran)

If we just sit on our hands and do nothing as Western societies (not just America), it will have huge ramifications on upholding international laws. Expect countries to shrug us off if we don't take action.

15+ Year Old Account
    You gonna help em as u helped Iraq and every other country?
    I hope that the US dosnt intervene as i fear Russia would get angry and mess shit up even worse.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Oh spare me. The United States can't even take care of its own inner problems and yet they declare themselves the moral high ground? Absolutely disgusting. Illegally spying on people including those in other countries, feeding their populace poison food filled with pesticides and growth hormones, 20+ empty houses per 1 homeless person, abysmal health care costs, welfare babies living better lives than hard working people, bailing out the wealthy and leaving the poor to fend for themselves, more people in prison than the rest of the world's prisons combined, lying constantly to the people who are so easily distracted by media manipulation, and helping Israel that has scammed and screwed over the USA for years since its inception. Just butt out of the world's business and take care of your problems before the masses decide they're tired of being manipulated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    If we don't do anything how will the rest of the world look at us?
    American Government and Business is hated because we meddle in other peoples business. If we stand down, and let the world be, everything will be OK, if we want to help, we should send food and medicine, not guns and bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    American Government and Business is hated because we meddle in other peoples business. If we stand down, and let the world be, everything will be OK, if we want to help, we should send food and medicine, not guns and bombs.
    Medicine is fine, but not the poison that you call food.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    We can't solve everything, therefore solve nothing?
    Yeah, that's exactly what I said. Try reading next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    wait you said everything will be OK if you don't do anything, but sending food/meds won't be meddling???? and how is the status quo of Syria OK???? what the??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    You gonna help em as u helped Iraq and every other country?
    I hope that the US dosnt intervene as i fear Russia would get angry and mess shit up even worse.
    The mistake everyone is making with this is comparing it with another conflict. We know for a fact gas was used Syria. This is very clear violation of international law and it wasnt until after a week of shelling after the attacks that Assad would even let UN inspectors investigate - a trademark sign of guilt. Iraq was sold on the promise of finding WMDs with no evidence and Afghanistan had nothing to do with Bin Laden as we were lead to believe. I understand people being war weary and they should be. It just amazes me how much people supported Iraq and Afghanistan on promises without proof, and now we have proof and people are against it. Baffling.

Being the greatest superpower in the world comes with greater responsibility.
    You think too much.
    PS: You watch too many movies too.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Not to mention that we can't foretell the future and see which fights the US will be picking years after our enlistment starts.
    I've never been one for prophecies

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    According to this it's only 5.4! Less if you pay attention to the fact that they're talking about homeless people that have been homeless for a "significant period of time".
    Most of which are war veterans that the US government craps on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    Oh spare me. The United States can't even take care of its own inner problems and yet they declare themselves the moral high ground? Absolutely disgusting. Illegally spying on people including those in other countries, feeding their populace poison food filled with pesticides and growth hormones, 20+ empty houses per 1 homeless person, abysmal health care costs, welfare babies living better lives than hard working people, bailing out the wealthy and leaving the poor to fend for themselves, more people in prison than the rest of the world's prisons combined, lying constantly to the people who are so easily distracted by media manipulation, and helping Israel that has scammed and screwed over the USA for years since its inception. Just butt out of the world's business and take care of your problems before the masses decide they're tired of being manipulated.
    we'd like to but everytime we try we get asked back in
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    You think too much.
    rofl. not exactly an insult...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    This isn't just the US there buddy. Welcome to the new world order and globalization. The only reason that info even leaked is because the US government is somewhat transparent. Imagine what you'd find out in China or Russia...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Not according to this. It's only 1 in 4.
    i think the more surprising thing out of that article is that 1 in 9 adults are veterans
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.