Thread: Arms week

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Does OP still have the 1sec GCD?

If yes wouldn't it be better to go for CS OP MS 2x OP Slam/CS instead of using a 4th OP? (CS MS 3x OP MS would be the slam free version of it)

What I posted earlier isnt completly correct, will post the right rotation a little later

The good thing about Arms is no matter what you do, the difference in damage done is like 2-3%.
    As long as you are filling GCD's with SOMETHING and CS'ing as often as possible, you can quite literally smash your face into your keyboard and see very similar results.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    The good thing about Arms is no matter what you do, the difference in damage done is like 2-3%.
    As long as you are filling GCD's with SOMETHING and CS'ing as often as possible, you can quite literally smash your face into your keyboard and see very similar results.
    Boo-yah. Time for facerolling.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I found that replacing Overpower with Slam boosted my DPS by 30k in 506 iLvl gear, from my usual 75k DPS to 110k DPS. This held true for all of ToT LFR at least.
    It makes Rage management a bit more tricky as I've never really paid much attention (I usually have had enough rage to do whatever I want without capping it).

So the fact that doing whatever without a significant DPS loss is false. By switching up the rotation you can see DPS differences up to 30%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldarin View Post
    I found that replacing Overpower with Slam boosted my DPS by 30k in 506 iLvl gear, from my usual 75k DPS to 110k DPS. This held true for all of ToT LFR at least.
    It makes Rage management a bit more tricky as I've never really paid much attention (I usually have had enough rage to do whatever I want without capping it).

So the fact that doing whatever without a significant DPS loss is false. By switching up the rotation you can see DPS differences up to 30%.
    Was this on live or PTR?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Was this on live or PTR?
    Probably should have clarified that it was on Live

Quote Originally Posted by Keldarin View Post
    Probably should have clarified that it was on Live
    Yes, considering "live" ends in 2 days, my statement was aimed towards 5.4, specifically Oliria's comments.
    That said we have had some big changes, so some of our theorycraft went right out the window.
    Edit: Trying to get the guide to be up late tonight/early tomorrow.

Yes, considering "live" ends in 2 days, my statement was aimed towards 5.4, specifically Oliria's comments.
    That said we have had some big changes, so some of our theorycraft went right out the window.
    Edit: Trying to get the guide to be up late tonight/early tomorrow.
    You think that MS deal is going live? Do you think arms is going to be worth it? I have the Herioc tortos one handers, vs a TF Axe off of Lei Shen. You think I should stay SMF or go with Arms?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    You think that MS deal is going live? Do you think arms is going to be worth it? I have the Herioc tortos one handers, vs a TF Axe off of Lei Shen. You think I should stay SMF or go with Arms?
    Yes, Yes, SMF on Single Target, Arms on multi-target. If you want to stick to just one spec, well, really its completely up to you.

Yes, Yes, SMF on Single Target, Arms on multi-target. If you want to stick to just one spec, well, really its completely up to you.
    Arms cleave is too good thoe

Given all the changes... I might go main spec arms next tier. Probably arms till I get 2 2H-ers then go TG

Even though I got a few nice ranks, I was a bit lost with the aoe rotation.

Assuming we're on 5.4 already, what's the aoe priority for, let's say, 5+ targets?
    - use thunderclap on cd or just to spread DW? Should I glyph it?
    - do I ever use whirlwind or just spam Slam with ss active?

10+ Year Old Account
    Using Overpower during Reck fills GCDs.... Both Fury and Arms have their little quirks which allow the good players out there to take advantage of them. It's the difference between an average DPS and a good DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWLLY View Post
    Even though I got a few nice ranks, I was a bit lost with the aoe rotation.

Assuming we're on 5.4 already, what's the aoe priority for, let's say, 5+ targets?
    - use thunderclap on cd or just to spread DW? Should I glyph it?
    - do I ever use whirlwind or just spam Slam with ss active?
    From my limited PTR raid testing (yay Aussie raiders get shafted on PTR raid times)

1. Use TC to spread DW and refresh just before DW falls off those those targets, doubt the TC glyph would be better then sweeping trikes + rage + leap glyphs.
    2. The new Slam cleave only hits targets within 2 yards, if they are clumped up then Slam as rage dump. If the targets a spread out a little then WW imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
    Arms cleave is too good thoe
    That's... what I said. Arms is the clear winner in most AoE situations. There are a few unique situations where Fury AoE can catch up to Arms; but they mostly have to do with very short duration burst AoE; and 8 target constant AoE with Fusion-Fire Core, which is a pretty unrealistic scenario.
    Also Arms AoE is just plain simpler than Arms. I love Fury but I have always hated its clunky AoE rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceo View Post
    Using Overpower during Reck fills GCDs.... Both Fury and Arms have their little quirks which allow the good players out there to take advantage of them. It's the difference between an average DPS and a good DPS.
    Yes but that was not the point of my post. Point of my post is that Arms is very forgiving in its rotations compared to Fury. Whether you go the spam Slam / Overpower rotation, Pure Slam, or OP + HS, the difference in damage is very minimal.
    As for OP during Reck; it depends on your gear level? In 550+ gear you should have a 90%+ chance to Crit with Overpower, making Recklessness largely wasted on that ability. A much better use of Recklessness would be to use it similar to Fury: aligned with your other cooldowns, along with a Colossus Smash filled with MS/Slam/Execute.

- - - Updated - - -

From my limited PTR raid testing (yay Aussie raiders get shafted on PTR raid times)

1. Use TC to spread DW and refresh just before DW falls off those those targets, doubt the TC glyph would be better then sweeping trikes + rage + leap glyphs.
    2. The new Slam cleave only hits targets within 2 yards, if they are clumped up then Slam as rage dump. If the targets a spread out a little then WW imo.
    If the targets are spread out so that you cannot cleave atleast a couple of them with Slam, I guess it would depend on the amount of targets. With a handful of targets, your normal rotation, cleaving through use of Sweeping Strikes would give more damage than WW.
    It would take a very large amount of targets for spamming TC on CD and WW during free GCD's to give higher DPS. That is pretty unrealistic, given how many targets it would take, I don't think it would be possible to not catch atleast a few of them with Slam Cleave. But that is more a theoretical situation until we run into it anyways.
    Your #1 point is on the money.

We get so much rage on t16 2pc...is there even any reason to use MS while CS is up? an extra slam per CS can't be bad right?

Well now with mastery no longer interacting w/2pc, you don't have the rage to slam that hard.

Hmm yeah didn't think that through enough. We are losing the extra 10 rage periodically from the t15 2pc, and the extra 5 from t16 2pc only makes up for the new slams rage increase. Though that means the CS MS's will also net us 5 more rage, and I daresay I generate a little more than I can spend without dipping into slam outside of CS already.

That's ignoring sweeping strikes..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Well now with mastery no longer interacting w/2pc, you don't have the rage to slam that hard.
    What since when? What happened when I was sleeping <.<?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    What since when? What happened when I was sleeping <.<?
    I have tested it 10 hours ago and it did not work