Poll: What is your Sub Loss Prediction?

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    - 300,000 usual sub loss
    - 200,000 summer slump
    + 200,000 patch 5.4 visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Musclestalk View Post
    It's hard to predict how many people will quit playing, but the greater is better IMO.

I enjoyed World of Warcraft back in vanilla-BC-wotlk but common... this game is almost 10-years-old. Every patch, every new expansion brings ''new content'' I agree, but those are basically re-skins of items/monsters. You think you're ''progressing'' by gaining new gear, but then again the new dongeons feature bosses that hit harder and have more HP, and PVP-wise, your opponents are also obtaining new and improved gear.

Blizzard did a great job at implementing the carrot-on-a-stick concept, to brainwash players into thinking they're actually getting stronger each expansion.
    This game was fresh and new when it came out in 2004, but now it's just a pathetic time-sink.
    Plus if more people keep cancelling, Blizzard is more likely to release a new MMO sooner.
    At the end of the day every single game is a time-sink with carrot-on-a-stick concepts put in.

Stop implying your opinion is fact, it makes you look ridiculous

I went for 500-1m but I'm not sure. If the report comes before 5.4 it'll probably be 500-1m, if it comes after it'll probably be 100-500k. Or maybe it'll just be 500-1m. I don't pay too much attention.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Isle where casuals can get easy epics and players can PvP own faction + rogues buffed = tears & rage quits.
    Q4 stuff tho

I think the funniest part in all of this is that there is not a single "hate-base" on Earth that is bigger than the one which has collected around the darker, mouldier recesses of the Blizzard community. For every poster praying to the "ivory tower" of Blizzard, there are at least 10 other rabid and disgruntled ex-WoW players foaming at the mouth hoping the game dies. There isn't a single other game on the market where people have such an entitlement complex that they feel personally slighted by any change that makes the game slightly less "fun" for them. These people all seem to think that changes like nerfs to their class result in hundreds of thousands of people quitting and have blinded themselves to the fact that games like the original EQ are STILL being played today.

I find it kind of sad the amount of people in this thread with signatures derogatory to people who still play the game. It's almost as if there are people posting on an online gaming forum attempting to bully people who play online games for not playing the same online game as them. Everybody was happy with what they got once - I remember rolling my first character, getting completely rocked by a twink rogue 8 levels higher than me and instead of complaining about how Blizzard should take his fun away and nerf him, I aspired to be that rich/good/skilled/geared/whatever else one day. I see Heroic geared raiders and I'm impressed that they put in the time and effort to do what they do, not furious that they have something I don't. Why can't you just understand that there are more people still playing this game than the population of many countries and that those people still enjoy the game for what it is? It's been almost ten years now and those of us who truly like the game play it through ups and downs, through expansions we might not rate the highest, and through content that is absolutely awesome.

I think this is high school culture coming out in this community and it does make me fear for the community of gaming in the future. The people who don't play WoW anymore and still hang around these boards act like the "jocks" (a comment which will probably be taken as a compliment by most of them) bullying the "nerds" that still play. You know the funniest part? I can read all of these comments while I enjoy some World of Warcraft, and be happy. Can you say the same? Because all I can see is entitlement, childishness and anger.

(As an aside, it's incredibly unlikely that I will read the reply I know is coming from the guy with the Homefront avatar whose name I don't care to remember, or from anyone else who replies. So as I've noticed, you enjoy having the last word. You'll get it. However it won't change the fact that there are still more than seven million people who agree with what I've said one way or another.. You're in the minority, and that is where people with your mindset will stay. The best advice I can give you is to grow up - there are many things in life, as in World of Warcraft, that you cannot change. All you can do is accept it and move on with your life, whether that be giving up a game or voting in an election, once you're able to do so.)

I expect subs to stay the same or even increase. They have timed and gated the content just to fall in place in such a way that people are subbed at the end of quarter when the count is taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides the summer and other things people are forgetting we will see how many quit because of the Cash shop and xmog helms stuff as well this q3

ummm the last Q report wasnt very long ago, this thread is stupid-early.

Free-To-Play is the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Besides the summer and other things people are forgetting we will see how many quit because of the Cash shop and xmog helms stuff as well this q3
    Really? You think they'll break those numbers out separately, or will you make something up or assign all the losses to the cash shop?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Really? You think they'll break those numbers out separately, or will you make something up or assign all the losses to the cash shop?
    Neither. I am saying that will have a effect on sub numbers, since some of the people unsubed pissed about that.

It just a small factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    You're in the minority, and that is where people with your mindset will stay. The best advice I can give you is to grow up - there are many things in life, as in World of Warcraft, that you cannot change. All you can do is accept it and move on with your life, whether that be giving up a game or voting in an election, once you're able to do so.)
    As the matter of fact he is the minority. But not the minority which you imply. To extend on that you are also in the minority. We all are. As much as MMO is a popular genre, still the majority of gamers sh***s left and right on it. Its nerds like us who play WoW, GW2, FF14 or any other similar game who are in minority. The majority of sane people thinks more or less that MMO-s are a cancer for gaming and even though I cant side with them (as I am addicted to the genre), I cant deny that they have some sort of a valid point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    I think the funniest part in all of this is that there is not a single "hate-base" on Earth that is bigger than the one which has collected around the darker, mouldier recesses of the Blizzard community. For every poster praying to the "ivory tower" of Blizzard, there are at least 10 other rabid and disgruntled ex-WoW players foaming at the mouth hoping the game dies. There isn't a single other game on the market where people have such an entitlement complex that they feel personally slighted by any change that makes the game slightly less "fun" for them. These people all seem to think that changes like nerfs to their class result in hundreds of thousands of people quitting and have blinded themselves to the fact that games like the original EQ are STILL being played today.

I find it kind of sad the amount of people in this thread with signatures derogatory to people who still play the game. It's almost as if there are people posting on an online gaming forum attempting to bully people who play online games for not playing the same online game as them. Everybody was happy with what they got once - I remember rolling my first character, getting completely rocked by a twink rogue 8 levels higher than me and instead of complaining about how Blizzard should take his fun away and nerf him, I aspired to be that rich/good/skilled/geared/whatever else one day. I see Heroic geared raiders and I'm impressed that they put in the time and effort to do what they do, not furious that they have something I don't. Why can't you just understand that there are more people still playing this game than the population of many countries and that those people still enjoy the game for what it is? It's been almost ten years now and those of us who truly like the game play it through ups and downs, through expansions we might not rate the highest, and through content that is absolutely awesome.

I think this is high school culture coming out in this community and it does make me fear for the community of gaming in the future. The people who don't play WoW anymore and still hang around these boards act like the "jocks" (a comment which will probably be taken as a compliment by most of them) bullying the "nerds" that still play. You know the funniest part? I can read all of these comments while I enjoy some World of Warcraft, and be happy. Can you say the same? Because all I can see is entitlement, childishness and anger.

(As an aside, it's incredibly unlikely that I will read the reply I know is coming from the guy with the Homefront avatar whose name I don't care to remember, or from anyone else who replies. So as I've noticed, you enjoy having the last word. You'll get it. However it won't change the fact that there are still more than seven million people who agree with what I've said one way or another.. You're in the minority, and that is where people with your mindset will stay. The best advice I can give you is to grow up - there are many things in life, as in World of Warcraft, that you cannot change. All you can do is accept it and move on with your life, whether that be giving up a game or voting in an election, once you're able to do so.)

All I read in your post was assumptions and bullshit, As I said MULTIPLE times there is a difference from being a fan of a game and being a super emotional fan who thinks any criticism or negative remark towards the game is an attack on them. Also there are other successful games out there and most gaming communities are the same. Also all I see is someone taking criticism and negative remarks about a game as a personal attack hence the remarks like "Because all I can see is entitlement, childishness and anger." If you can not handle seeing criticism and negative remarks about WOW than maybe you should not click on the threads. Also Flaming/personal attacks you know what you were doing is not need or allowed here.

P.S.

Don't assume that if someone says something negative about wow or criticizes it they no longer play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    As the matter of fact he is the minority. But not the minority which you imply. To extend on that you are also in the minority. We all are. As much as MMO is a popular genre, still the majority of gamers sh***s left and right on it. Its nerds like us who play WoW, GW2, FF14 or any other similar game who are in minority. The majority of sane people thinks more or less that MMO-s are a cancer for gaming and even though I cant side with them (as I am addicted to the genre), I cant deny that they have some sort of a valid point.
    Agreed the MMO Gamers are the minority among Gamers. Wow Once had 12 million, We are at 7.7 million only got to lose another 1.7 million than the amount of players that quit is equal to the amount still here.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    At the end of the day every single game is a time-sink with carrot-on-a-stick concepts put in.

Stop implying your opinion is fact, it makes you look ridiculous
    The difference is you do get to grab the carrot at the end of every other game. It's called ''beating the game''.
    Shut the fuck up with your basement virgin mentality, you need to delete your characters and live your life bro

Infracted: Flaming [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-09-09 at 06:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more the better really. Hopefully enough will unsub so that Blizz will start making the game good again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    The more the better really. Hopefully enough will unsub so that Blizz will start making the game good again.
    Well they lost almost 50% the player base they once had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they lost almost 50% the player base they once had.
    More than that. And it has little to do with subscriber base. Back in Nov. 2009 when WoW had 11.5M was near its peak, Rob Pardo said: "I don't know what the exact number is off-hand, but the total number of subscribers we've had is easily more than double - maybe closer to triple - the current subscriber base." Meaning they lost nearly 23 million subs, but enough people came in to offset those losses and even grow the subscriber base.

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    If you can see all the content without any effort, people opt for that. LFR is probably responsible for sub loss.
    The fact is, WoW always lost lots of players. In the past, we tended to get as many or more new ones as we lost. Lately, less. (Source)
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-09-09 at 09:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    More than that. And it has little to do with subscriber base. Back in Nov. 2009 when WoW had 11.5M was near its peak, Rob Pardo said: "I don't know what the exact number is off-hand, but the total number of subscribers we've had is easily more than double - maybe closer to triple - the current subscriber base." Meaning they lost nearly 23 million subs, but enough people came in to offset those losses and even grow the subscriber base.

If you can see all the content without any effort, people opt for that. LFR is probably responsible for sub loss.
    The fact is, WoW always lost lots of players. In the past, we tended to get as many or more new ones as we lost. Lately, less. (Source)

Well true.... So let me reword it they lost almost 50% since its peak and are losing subs faster than they can regain them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post

Thank you for linking that - so many people seem to ignore that fact that WoW had less than 50% retention rate during its 'glory days'. In that very same interview, they also stated that they believed that the majority of people who were going to play WoW had already played WoW. Now people try to spin the fact that less people are joining the game - So you're trying to tell me that a 9 year old game has less grab than newer MMOs/Games, my mind is BLOWN!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Thank you for linking that - so many people seem to ignore that fact that WoW had less than 50% retention rate during its 'glory days'. In that very same interview, they also stated that they believed that the majority of people who were going to play WoW had already played WoW. Now people try to spin the fact that less people are joining the game - So you're trying to tell me that a 9 year old game has less grab than newer MMOs/Games, my mind is BLOWN!

9 year old game really means nothing. Mop is a year old...wow today and wow in 2004 are two different things. The 9 yr old game argument would work if they never dated it. So let me ask this How was the game gaining subs when it was a 1 -6 year old game and did not start losing more subs than it was gaining till Cataclysm? "All of a sudden oh shit the game is 7 years old it starts losing subs" Of course this has nothing to do with Blizzards actions
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-10 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Who cares?

Why is it that the same few people seemingly relish the idea of sub losses. I'd even go so far as to say its like a gleeful horniness over the game slowing down.

The game isn't shutting down any time remotely soon. What a sad life it must be to be on a WoW fan website just constantly talking down about the game. Sounds like a huge waste of time broseph.

Move on already. At least other people provide (sometimes) interesting criticisms that Blizzard should take. I cannot say the same for you.
    I think it starts with something like "subs went down awesome now I can use that as justification for {insert personal beef with the game here}".

And now it's become some kind of idiotic meta-game.

- - - Updated - - -

9 year old game really means nothing. Mop is a year old...wow today and wow in 2004 are two different things. The 9 yr old game argument would work if they never dated it.
    Dumbest thing I ever read. An expansion doesn't make an 8 year old game new again.

How out of touch with reality does a man have to be to believe that a game can dominate a genre for 8 years plus and not start to decline? Name another game that has done that, ever. And don't say "I still play Mario 3 every now and then", find me a game with a $15 monthly sub that over 5 million people play at any given time.

- - - Updated - - -

If you quit because of transmog helms then (a) LOL@U and (b) good riddance.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-09-10 at 03:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.