Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Something will never happen on protection warriors[Watch this Video!]

Last night, pally tank in my guild soloed world boss Galleon.

For 5.3, We did two things, buff and watch.
    Need some love for 5.4!

Here, Paladin POV! Without super warrior, yeah, a faster kill. More dmg is better?
    Last edited by Simple; 2013-09-09 at 03:21 PM.

Deleted
    Sorry but this is not a solo.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Sorry but this is not a solo.
    Looks like a solo to me

OT: send my grats to him OP. an awesome feat

Think you're underestimating SoO gear for Warriors. If anything I see Warriors being able to do this with SoO Flex gear whereas Paladins will probably need SoO or better just because how strong T16 2-set is with Sbar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glorithan View Post
    Looks like a solo to me

OT: send my grats to him OP. an awesome feat
    The fact that he had multiple people buffing him (Stamina, AP, BoK/BoM) and the "cameraman" soaking up a lot of damage done by the Salyin archers' fire arrows already invalidates it.

The fact that he had multiple people buffing him (Stamina, AP, BoK/BoM) and the "cameraman" soaking up a lot of damage done by the Salyin archers' fire arrows already invalidates it.
    These don't make any differences for him.
    Next time, i will ask him to record it by himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simple View Post
    These don't make any differences for him.
    Next time, i will ask him to record it by himself.
    raid buffs make a difference.

also, what was the purpose of posting a pally video in the warrior section. please don't tell me you did it to make anyone mad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    raid buffs make a difference.

also, what was the purpose of posting a pally video in the warrior section. please don't tell me you did it to make anyone mad.
    And instance soloers that take a lot of pride into the solo aspect of it, either find work arounds for the buffs (there are plenty class depending) or they go without it. On a boss like Galleon, without a zerk, I don't expect the buffs made a difference aside from a bit more haste and str. Dat rng parry maybe?
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

"Dayum, you's a sexy bitch~
    Dayum, you's a sexy bitch~

Fuck the haters."

Excellent music choice, OP. *rolls eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Think you're underestimating SoO gear for Warriors. If anything I see Warriors being able to do this with SoO Flex gear whereas Paladins will probably need SoO or better just because how strong T16 2-set is with Sbar.
    Unless Second Wind can keep him alive there's no way wars could do this. If you were to look at that pally's total healing it would be in the millions.

10+ Year Old Account
    and yeah what the guy said above, a lot of the fire arrows were mitigated thanks to the camera guy. i'm not saying pallys can't solo it, just that this video specifically is really not a solo.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    aside from horn...you know theres scrolls for stam right? and drums for kings right?

right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing compared to this lock soloing Sha.....look how fast he kills it.

http://www.twitch.tv/jelloslockexo/c/2807847

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Nothing compared to this lock soloing Sha.....look how fast he kills it.

http://www.twitch.tv/jelloslockexo/c/2807847
    That's seriously on par with the pally reckoning bombing Krull.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    And instance soloers that take a lot of pride into the solo aspect of it, either find work arounds for the buffs (there are plenty class depending) or they go without it. On a boss like Galleon, without a zerk, I don't expect the buffs made a difference aside from a bit more haste and str. Dat rng parry maybe?
    Buffs gained from other players are wiped upon zoning into an instance. Buffs gained from consumables aren't and are generally allowed for soloing since everyone has access to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    Unless Second Wind can keep him alive there's no way wars could do this. If you were to look at that pally's total healing it would be in the millions.
    Tank CDR trinket + the damage -> self-heal trinket + T16 2-set = insane self-healing + mitigation. Plus any good Warrior soloing challenging content will be using Enraged Regeneration.

Waiting on his new video.
    no buffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    and yeah what the guy said above, a lot of the fire arrows were mitigated thanks to the camera guy. i'm not saying pallys can't solo it, just that this video specifically is really not a solo.
    Did you ever bother with checking recount for damage taken from the mentioned fire arrows compared to all the physical damage especially with two waves and more of the adds up? It's totally negligible.

And there are several other paladins and monks who managed to kill Galleon solo as well, you can talk this video down all you want the general point (massivse selfhealing) still remains.

I tried Galleon on my warrior in all stages of gear over this content, it shifted greatly from being a twoshot over living through shield wall until surviving the first stomp on the ptr... and there's more to come with heroic SoO gear, i promise

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Tank CDR trinket + the damage -> self-heal trinket + T16 2-set = insane self-healing + mitigation. Plus any good Warrior soloing challenging content will be using Enraged Regeneration.
    Hmm, ER is only 40% heal per minute after 5.4 while second wind provides a similar amount of selfheal after 13 seconds, leaving you with another 141% over the rest of the minute. Actually unless for special occassions i always used SW for soloing because ER heal is way to small in it's current form (20%).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Did you ever bother with checking recount for damage taken from the mentioned fire arrows compared to all the physical damage especially with two waves and more of the adds up? It's totally negligible.
    If you could point me towards the logs you see this from, please do. I fail to see anything of the sort from the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post

And there are several other paladins and monks who managed to kill Galleon solo as well, you can talk this video down all you want the general point (massivse selfhealing) still remains.

I tried Galleon on my warrior in all stages of gear over this content, it shifted greatly from being a twoshot over living through shield wall until surviving the first stomp on the ptr... and there's more to come with heroic SoO gear, i promise

Hmm, ER is only 40% heal per minute after 5.4 while second wind provides a similar amount of selfheal after 13 seconds, leaving you with another 141% over the rest of the minute. Actually unless for special occassions i always used SW for soloing because ER heal is way to small in it's current form (20%).
    If you're sitting at 35% for SW to keep you alive you will die to Galleon's Stomp+Melee while stunned. ER is an instant 20% + 20% hot when and where you need it that's usable while stunned. As for your solo attempts were you going Mastery or Avoidance build?

5.4 vengeance nerf, We dont have enough dps to kill it?
    So, its not gonna happen on We protection Warriors!
    Last edited by Simple; 2013-09-09 at 03:11 PM.