Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Key is to have RNG, which I never have, because every fucking time I wipe, because a goddamn void zone, comes and knocks me into LoS of a Chaos Bolt.

Every time I get the boss to 10% a fucking void zone comes and gets me killed...

This fight isn't even about skill, it's about RNG.

I also hate the bullshit where your character talks and shit and you become stunned for like a second interrupting your cast. Fucked up quite a few Chaos Bolt + Charges.
    You must be a troll, really, since I cannot come up with a suitable explanation why you would get so pissed off of something you could easily avoid if you'd just dispell yourself (It's not as if you don't have enough spells at your disposal to do just that), instead of complaining about not having RNG in a fight, where there is absolutely no RNG to beginn with.

Key is to have RNG, which I never have, because every fucking time I wipe, because a goddamn void zone, comes and knocks me into LoS of a Chaos Bolt.

Every time I get the boss to 10% a fucking void zone comes and gets me killed...

This fight isn't even about skill, it's about RNG.

I also hate the bullshit where your character talks and shit and you become stunned for like a second interrupting your cast. Fucked up quite a few Chaos Bolt + Charges.
    Nothing RNG about that... it is your own responsibility to cleanse your debuffs (singe and demon breath)... if you keep that up you will never have the stun or the void zones...
    Read the signature rules

Kanrethad DOWN for me!

i can use demonic green fire now! (and post 5.4... fel dreadsteed!!!!!!!)

p.s. is VERY important to have macro-stun Kanrethad, macro enslave pit lord, and glyph od gateway attunement is very useful... and a potion of purification. Dark soul management is very important: cast during felhunter phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Driani View Post
    You must be a troll, really, since I cannot come up with a suitable explanation why you would get so pissed off of something you could easily avoid if you'd just dispell yourself (It's not as if you don't have enough spells at your disposal to do just that), instead of complaining about not having RNG in a fight, where there is absolutely no RNG to beginn with.
    I constantly dispel thank you.

Edit: Just got it, the problem was that Seed of Terrible Destruction expires after 15 seconds, and Fel Flame Breath has a 20 second cd, so I dispelled it right before it was about to expire, and with Singe Magic, it's too risky since it only removes one debuff.

Also, not sure what the hell was going on with my Gateway, a few times on clicked on it, and it wouldn't port me, even though it had charges left on it, so I had to improvise and use engineering speed boost, and drop a teleport pad back behind the pillar for insurance.

My heart starts pumping so hard wen he gets below 20%, luckily imps spawned, and I just Shadowburned him to death.
    Last edited by muto; 2013-09-09 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    I'm putting out around 110k dps, lining up my chaos bolts+dark soul+doomguard with Charge, Breath pretty much on cooldown, dispel myself with it or with imp special when possible and everytime when I get below the 10% threshold something retarded happens and I whipe. The most frustrating one was where the second felhunters spawn around 5%, ate enslave and I ended up whiping on 1% lol.
    I just did it yesterday (I wanted to do it before 5.4, spent most of my day on it ) and there is norandomness at all. At first I was extremely frustrated with it but as I managed to go on I saw why it failed each time and each time I could say "it's because i'm dumb and didnt do XXX".
    When I beat it I was so proud because I did no mistakes Well actually I made one, on a late imp wave I let my health get down to like 4000 or so but I managed to teleport to my circle behind a pilar, with no embers to heal and the healthstone on cooldown .. but it allowed my sacrificial pact to come up and I lived, woh the adrenaline! (the boss was at like 7% or so!)

When I did it it wasnt my gear or dps that won (I'm 493 and did a paltry 64k dps on the whole fight) it's just correct execution.

The fight also made me discover a spec I never tried (destruction) and I actually like it a lot now

Deleted
    Personally did it a few months ago with ilvl 476 and PvP trinkets (badly geared).

One of the key points to the tactic back then was using the Gate every 15 seconds to make sure you don't get aggro. Now that this is completely gone, does it get a lot harder, or does it work when you simply ignore that?

I can't seem to even be able to last long without being able to drop threat, even with Soulshatter the first waves of imps overwhelm me and my pit lord does jack all about it.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the same as Fabled. Those damn imps overwhelm me every time. I've watched ever how to on youtube and never can emulate so I gave up. But my gear score has gone up quite since then so probably worth a try again.

How is the green fire quest since 5.4? Im ilevel 540 and have yet to attempt it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    How is the green fire quest since 5.4? Im ilevel 540 and have yet to attempt it
    I JUST completed it and i'm ilvl 508. The mechanics are the same and difficult. It is a bit harder now i assume because you cannot drop aggro with portals. Once you get the fight in your memory and know what you need to do it's still hard hahah. Huge margin for error and it truly isn't easy despite what many say.
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    I can't seem to even be able to last long without being able to drop threat, even with Soulshatter the first waves of imps overwhelm me and my pit lord does jack all about it.
    Hm. The imps always focused me when I did it. They weren't the reason why you wanted to drop threat, Chaos Bolt was, iirc.

- - - Updated - - -

I constantly dispel thank you.

Edit: Just got it, the problem was that Seed of Terrible Destruction expires after 15 seconds, and Fel Flame Breath has a 20 second cd, so I dispelled it right before it was about to expire, and with Singe Magic, it's too risky since it only removes one debuff.

Also, not sure what the hell was going on with my Gateway, a few times on clicked on it, and it wouldn't port me, even though it had charges left on it, so I had to improvise and use engineering speed boost, and drop a teleport pad back behind the pillar for insurance.

My heart starts pumping so hard wen he gets below 20%, luckily imps spawned, and I just Shadowburned him to death.
    Just a couple of comments on this; Singe Magic is a must. You more or less spam it throughout the fight on CD, so that when you get the Seed, you can easily remove it since you always make sure that Agony is gone. Aside from that, you should spec Unbound Will to remove it when Singe Magic is on CD and Seed is about to pop.

Dunno about the Gateway - it's changed since I did Kanrethad.

Lastly, there's no luck about the mobs that spawn. It's a set pattern.

Also, these are tactics for low gear (what I did it with) - the better your gear is, the more you can ignore the tactics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    I basically stood on the base of the Pit Lords tail.. used shadowfury at the first bit of them then right around when he was done summoning i would use the pit lords breath and usually he would pick up a lot of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

Greenfire boss question

How does the aggro table work on this guy? I've tried the soul shatter after you charge him the first time. Does anyone have any tips on how to keep him off me?

Only thing that works reliably that I'm aware of is gate portal debuff. Keep that on you and he should be focusing on the pet most of the time.

I'm getting real frustrated with this fight, anything goes wrong and you're dead and him being on me does not help. So, you're saying I should gateway whenever it's up?

Gateways no longer remove threat.

I don't see why him attacking you is a problem, it's the whole point of the fight.

I've been watching guides and they say there's ways for him NOT to attack you and he'll hit the pitlord with soulfires/chaos bolts... obviously something has changed through out patches.

Make sure you are using Soul Leech. I also recommend playing a GoSac as Destruction. Also, make sure you are glyphed to reduce the cast time of Enslave Demon. Next, set up your Gateway so that it reaches behind the pillar on the right side of the portal in which the boss comes. I would also recommend you put your Demonic Circle in the same location.

Macros that will help:

/cast [target=mouseover] Havoc
    (Use this to get double Chaos Bolts into the felhounds)

/cast [target=Pit Lord] Enslave Demon

Now, your enslaved Pit Lord should take over on threat but be sure that you kill the felhounds quickly or they will remove your enslavement. You will at one point have to re-enslave the Pit Lord. Make sure you use the Pit Lord's heal on you wisely, though its cooldown is not too long. Use the Pit Lord's flame breath on the imps that spawn. Also, I would recommend taking Mannoroth's Fury and using it for the Imps and Felhounds. Be sure you are wary of the bosses Chaos Bolts and only using the Pit Lord's interrupt on Cataclysm.

*Note* This fight becomes exponentially easier with gear. I didn't even attempt this fight until I was at least 520 ilevel and I two shot it I believe. I would recommend (with not know your current gear) getting as much gear from the Timeless Isle as possible, LFR, or Flex before attempting. It can be done at very low gear levels but you have to be mistake free, essentially. I hope this helps in anyway and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by frigoffrick View Post
    I'm getting real frustrated with this fight, anything goes wrong and you're dead and him being on me does not help. So, you're saying I should gateway whenever it's up?
    That's the core reason of why this fight is(or was) so awesome. cuz its unforgiving around mistakes.
    but about aggro gateway doesn't work that way right? soul shatter must work, I used soul shatter mostly when he summd doomguards cuz I didn't want to move my ass out of his ass with using gateway. but it was before 5.4. but I did have some tries on him without using gateway anyhow and just using portal for LOS CB. this must work if you care much about it and practice it. I didn't care cuz I could reset aggro with soul shatter/gateway :P
    green is the color!

If they changed chaos bolt and gate debuff interaction that sucks. What you can do is use the los strat to deal with chaos bolts and obviously just get gear. With the enormous ilvl jump this tier he should be faceroll with any strat.