Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ADman319 View Post
    ulduar. to big and flashy and no substance
    I agree. Ulduar was my least favorite. Too wide open and boring. Bosses just... didn't seem to fit, felt awkward for some reason.

Onyxia's Lair! Boring trash, boring enviroment, boring boss.

Deleted
    Siege of Orgimmar. The worst gear ever!

Naxxramas in Wotlk, because it was way to easy and i didn't like the look of the dungeon. Could have been so much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar, that shit was terrible.

JK, dragonsoul was trash, I actually liked ToC lol 1 room ftw. The only thing I hated with a fiery passion through out that and Wotlk was the fucking horse fighting, god now THAT was garbage. Didn't belong in the game at all 100% annoying/boring as shit.

Still a better story than Dragon Soul.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2013-09-09 at 12:50 PM.

Dragon Soul followed by ToCr. ToGCr's attempts were great, I just would've preferred it if the raid (Both of them) had more content rather than just Boss x4 in the Coliseum and then Anub underground.

I'd be tempted to say Eye of Eternity after ToCr as well, fight was incredibly boring and unlike OS you couldn't make the fight more interesting by adding more conditions. Naxx was equally as boring but at least it had some content to it.

Deleted
    A question from a non-raider (Who is unsubbed in any case.): Why exactly is it a problem that DS reused environments? For me going back to old locations would have been pretty epic, as it would give a sense of continuity to the world. Not saying DS didn't have problems but why is that one of them? Is it just people complaining any time Blizzard takes a route other than that takes maximum effort?

offtopic:

Fun reading for one particular reason, you can easily tell when people started playing by what raids they hate and in those cases they actually present examples of what they hate. Molten core was the very first as many have pointed out, if you hate it, thats with good reason. All errors made there spawned the better designs through classic wow (i dont have vanilla icecream) and some of TBC, the classical (not the game) gear check like patchwerk was one of the first to introduce, is present in one way or another as principal but different designs.

edit: Naxxramas was originally designed as a scourge invasion raid in classic wow, actually the final raid tier (tier 3 before it was moved) and had the most demanding encounters next to cthun and viscidus in AQ. the 25 man remake is severly "dumbed down" with mechanics removed and made easy. But i guess they choose to do so since it also was the first available 10 and 25 mode of same raid. Could be testing ground like togc was the initial tryout for heroic raids, which was concieved mid wrath as a standalone mode. 10 was normal and 25 was heroic before that

Ontopic: Bastion of twilight is my most hated, second dragonsoul then icc. Simply cause these raids lasted so long they burned me out. Not as a raider but as content
    Last edited by Thelonicus; 2013-09-09 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stuck4cash View Post
    Eye of Eternity.

5 mins to get to the last phase and suddenly you're thrown random buttons that you haven't had a chance to practice on. Worst of all it's easy to wipe on that phase and then you have to go another 5 mins by which time you've forgotten what the buttons do.

At least it was only the 1 boss.
    There was actually a daily at Transitus Shield that gave you a dragon mount that had all of the same abilities as the one in the encounter. So there was a way to practice. Malygos was actually a fun fight and the last phase gave you a small feeling of how powerful the ASPECT OF MAGIC really was.

Mine had to be all of T11, no lead-up as to why we have to go in those raids and kill those guys other than "Hey look, badguys with loot!" It's why I really enjoyed attunement chains because they gave you a sense of purpose as to why youre in the raid. I guess you could say that about a whole list of raids, but those 3 have no story to them whatsoever. Before anyone says MSV or HoF didnt have lead up, get exalted with Lorekeepers and Klaxxi respectively.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bas View Post
    Dragon Soul
    for obvious reasons; it's just recycled trash
    I could say the same about your MAL.

For me 3 raids come to mind and each for specific reasons.

Trial - Only because i had to clear it 4 times / week. It was so much pain for me, that it just doesnt bring best memories, even tho the raid and bosses were not that bad of a design on their own.

Naxx v.2 - Some might find it to be some elitist bitching, but all i can say, as someone who cleared naxx 40 in vanilla, they butchered the old naxx in so many ways its sad. They should have left the naxx 40 where it was and just do something new similar to old naxx, but not butcher old naxx and call it a new raid.

DS - Here the thing i hate is the final 2 fights. The idea that the theme of the xpac (Killing DW) was made in such a bad way that i as player almost felt like i was killing some random mob and not the xpack bad boy is just horrible for me. Thanks to the bad design of spine and madness i never got that feeling "Weeehoo, the big bad boy is down" that other xpack end raids had.

If i had to list them in order would be, naxx v2 - DS, would even leave out trial since it wasnt that bad, only the 4 clear/week part was bad.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    When cata came out all raids sucked. It became a job to look at numbers meters counters and cooldowns 24/7 instead of enjoying the content. So it felt like a waste of money

Id have to Agree with ToGC because they whole idea behind it makes no fucking sense. "Lets Prepare our champions to fight the Lich King by letting them kill each other off" It would of been better, if the 'Pvp' Battle was more like you knocked them out, instead of Murdering them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    A question from a non-raider (Who is unsubbed in any case.): Why exactly is it a problem that DS reused environments? For me going back to old locations would have been pretty epic, as it would give a sense of continuity to the world. Not saying DS didn't have problems but why is that one of them? Is it just people complaining any time Blizzard takes a route other than that takes maximum effort?
    Personally reusing environments was never a gripe I had with DS, my main problem with it is Deathwing is a bitch, literally no one gave one fuck about it. He was not menacing or scary, he didn't make you want to defeat him like the LK did. He's just all, herpderp I'm a crayfish dragon that destroys shit come raid me.

Let's look at the very last fight where you face deathwing, it's embarrassing considering what Blizz has put out before it. Getting help and stupidly OP buffs from the aspects to make lolDPS go crazy felt cheap.

Also this was when LFR was put out iirc so it was even more cheap and people gave even less of a shit. Cool this destroyer of worlds can be afk'd for loots. Bravo, Cata was a massive fail.

I've accepted LFRetards and other things Blizz has added but Cata was just not the time. It was already having issues. I DID like Firelands and BWD and ToTFW, but DS was just shit. I'm pretty sure a lot of people couldn't wait for that expansion to be over, and believe me when I say I hate the childish panda theme we have now but current WoW is 10x better.

Let's just forget Cata existed, an MoP too once we get a real WoW themed xpac.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2013-09-09 at 01:15 PM.

Dragon Soul. Horrible in LFR, and just as horrible on normal. Never did heroic however, but a higher difficulty doesn't make a raid more interesting and exciting. At least not enough to save it from being a total and complete trainwreck.

TotGC was pretty bad too, but still way better. Didn't enjoy Heart of Fear that much either, thought it was pretty bland.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

It's a toss-up between Firelands and Dragon Soul.

ToGC had a lot of charm, including some very amusing NPC patter that players wouldn't see or hear again until Stormstout Brewery. Although criticized for truncating Ulduar's shelf life, it was a worthy attempt to bridge the gap between content patches.
    Last edited by Celarent; 2013-09-09 at 01:17 PM.

Deleted
    Story wise: ToC, didn't like the concept of it.. Lets hold an event on our nemesis his doorstep guys!
    Encounter: DS hands down, 90% re-used models, Not having that epic feeling that an end raid should have etc..

Ruby Sanctum
    One boss, useless as a stopgap, slowed down Cataclysm development presumably
    Extremely forgettable, like if it wasn't mentioned on the first page I wouldn't have remembered that it existed at all

Can't think we ran it more than ten times

Eye of Eternity. Gimmicky little raid with one of the most anticlimactic endings (push buttons in sequence, collect loot), and particularly sad because it was one of only two original bosses in that initial raid tier. Then wasting a lore character like that, for reasons that were by and large unexplained. The whole Nexus war was kind of ridiculous, given everything else that was going on. I just do not have fond memories of that raid, Obsidian Sanctum did that type of raid SOOOO much better.

Deleted
    Dragon Soul, by far.
    At least ToC had a new environnement (Anub' room).