Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    Zeherah has updated his site
    Zeherah is actually a "she" and isn't just palying a female dwarf
    btw. she's also on next outdps podcast
    http://www.femaledwarf.com/
    http://outdps.com/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I lean away from BM because it's clunky(or at least more so than SV). Also pet pathing issues/pet movement on many bosses is just... ugh... Also there's not much pet control as BM, the most I've had to control my pet was Lei Shen to target the bouncing bolt adds if they spawned and pressed Kill Command and then Multi-shot for cleaving...
    You can easy do that with just a macro.

#showtooltip Multi-Shot
    /petattack
    /cast Multi-Shot

or even easier

#showtooltip Multi-Shot
    /target Ball Lightning
    /petattack
    /cast Multi-Shot
    Last edited by mmoccb5d5773b1; 2013-09-09 at 01:54 PM.

On topic: BM and SV look very similar out of the gate. I find SV feels more focus starved on the PTR (thanks to the AS price) but plays fine. BM plays fine, too. Both are pretty much the same DPS in 5.3 gear but using 5.4 mechanics. Play what you're more comfortable with or whatever fits the encounter most. As you change set bonuses and trinkets, though, that may change a bit. In full BiS gear, I see BM pulling ahead slightly (2-3%), which is well within personal preference and fight mechanic range.

Off topic: Female Dwarf is a great tool for quick work but I do prefer simc, too, for a few reasons (multiple iterations and not lucking to a single rotation is a huge one; our specs, trinkets, and set bonuses are very RNG dependent and you just need many iterations to get a good measure on things). Last time I did a detailed comparison, it especially was hard to gauge the value of haste since it hard-stopped encounters, rather than averaging fight ends like simc does, meaning you would get very wide fluctuations in the stat's value depending on many factors.

FD is great to make some quick comparisons but I'd bring out simc for very long runs (20k+ iterations) to reach stat priority decisions. Its plot and reforge modes are great.

Even more off-topic: Zehara, I did some javascript-based simulations for the priest and mistweaver healing specs back at the beginning of MoP (tens of thousands of iterations). JS was very fast. So long as you do the updates and update the DOM afterwards, modern JS engines run extremely fast since they basically are JITing the code, and by not hitting the DOM until calculations complete, you're not forcing redraws and other behaviors that make javascript classically "slow." It's very viable and worth considering.
    Valen - Temerity of Windrunner (25H US #15) - always recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    As I keep saying, even if marksmen is 100% the exact same dps as the other two, it will still be the worst spec.
    I'm not trying to take you too literally here, but howso? If it does exactly the same damage, why would it be worst? You are still 100% mobile with glyphed Aimed Shot, Chimera healing isn't insignificant, baked in slows can help with add control, Barrage and ToTH can do some great AoE damage.

The only objective complication of Marksmanship is the Careful Aim phase, but thankfully that just got a little simpler with no more Readiness and double Rapid Fire openers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    I'm not trying to take you too literally here, but howso? If it does exactly the same damage, why would it be worst? You are still 100% mobile with glyphed Aimed Shot, Chimera healing isn't insignificant, baked in slows can help with add control, Barrage and ToTH can do some great AoE damage.

The only objective complication of Marksmanship is the Careful Aim phase, but thankfully that just got a little simpler with no more Readiness and double Rapid Fire openers.
    I would ask the same thing aswell. I imagine marks would be better if they all did the same dps, mobility, and depending on the mastery levels wild quiver could possibly over take serp spread, Im really hoping mm starts coming up once we are in more soo gear

at the same time I keep thinking it will go back to in cata when my guild was on maloriak and I went with a heavy mastery build and I got a really high rank as mm in a sea of sv hunters. but thats just lofty thinking
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-09-09 at 05:19 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal- View Post
    You can easy do that with just a macro.

#showtooltip Multi-Shot
    /petattack
    /cast Multi-Shot

or even easier

#showtooltip Multi-Shot
    /target Ball Lightning
    /petattack
    /cast Multi-Shot
    You are confusing stuff, I specifically said the Bouncing Bolt adds(The big ones!). Ball Lightning are gripped on boss and my pet always reaches them without any issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    You are confusing stuff, I specifically said the Bouncing Bolt adds(The big ones!). Ball Lightning are gripped on boss and my pet always reaches them without any issue.
    Sry i did miss read it but it's the same i don't see why targeting Unharnessed Power is a problem.
    Most off the time you don't even need to single target them just cleave is enough so the mage in your raid has enough time to steal the buff.

Sry i did miss read it but it's the same i don't see why targeting Unharnessed Power is a problem.
    Most off the time you don't even need to single target them just cleave is enough so the mage in your raid has enough time to steal the buff.
    Well... Melees+pets are behind the boss, Unharnessed Power are in front of the boss with tanks :P

If you struggle with pet control you may as well not play BM since you're likely not doing any content where what spec you play is a deciding factor on the fate of your guild.

FD is showing me a 2k dps increase using DB instead of Fervor in survival, @546 ilvl hunter, any thoughts on that one ?
    (crit > haste > mastery reforge, 5.4 settings)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crashley View Post
    FD is showing me a 2k dps increase using DB instead of Fervor in survival, @546 ilvl hunter, any thoughts on that one ?
    Even if it's showing you a 2k dps increase doesn't mean that it will be better for a specific fight. DB is really bad for SV espacially because of the higher AS focus cost in 5.4 and most of the time in 5.4 you play SV in heavy AE fights so Fervor all the way. FD won't tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by crashley View Post
    DB has always been above Fervor for single target (which is what FD sims) and nothing in 5.4 would change it. However the amount of times you will see pure single target in 5.4 is very low.

Even if it's showing you a 2k dps increase doesn't mean that it will be better for a specific fight. DB is really bad for SV espacially because of the higher AS focus cost in 5.4 and most of the time in 5.4 you play SV in heavy AE fights so Fervor all the way. FD won't tell you that.
    I may be missing something but I don't see how the increased cost of Arcane Shot makes Fervor any better. Sure it may "feel" better but how it feels is irrelevant to how it performs.

In fact I believe that Focus is worth less damage per point now because the cost of Arcane shot was increased by 50% but the damage only increased by 15(?)% making Fervor even weaker than DB for single target.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-09-10 at 01:43 PM.

SimC is giving me a weird damage breakdown is I choose TotH as my focus talent:

Anyone know why SrS shows up only if TotH is selected?

That's not a damage breakdown.

Damage per Execute Time (DPET) Is how much damage one cast of a spell will do in comparison to the cast time. With Stampede and aMoC being large cooldowns that only cost 1 GCD they have the highest DPET. I'm unsure why Serpent Sting would only show up if TotH is selected.

in 5.3 profiles BM was using stampede and DB after BW.. hopefully that is fixed in the 5.4 profile..

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshot View Post
    SimC is giving me a weird damage breakdown is I choose TotH as my focus talent:

Anyone know why SrS shows up only if TotH is selected?
    It's because your SrS sometimes falls off with its default shot prioritization. I've yet to determine if this is a real problem or not (ie, sometimes letting SrS fall off might not be bad, but I doubt it's a big dps increase). Usually simc hides those kind of permanently extended dots but in this case it doesn't. For now, disregard that value.
    Valen - Temerity of Windrunner (25H US #15) - always recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Valen View Post
    It's because your SrS sometimes falls off with its default shot prioritization. I've yet to determine if this is a real problem or not (ie, sometimes letting SrS fall off might not be bad, but I doubt it's a big dps increase). Usually simc hides those kind of permanently extended dots but in this case it doesn't. For now, disregard that value.
    Well if there is a scenario of: LnL proc when you have high focus(80+) and SrS is at 3 seconds, I would just let SrS drop off for until I am done with LnL.

Just finished the first 6 bosses on normal. All bosses are better to be BM except Galakras.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne13 View Post
    Just finished the first 6 bosses on normal. All bosses are better to be BM except Galakras.
    I did the first 9 all as BM. Can't really say I would recommend SV over BM for any of them. The only one that was supposedly not pet friendly was the oozes from Dark Shamans, I didn't have a problem with them though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did 6 of the first 8 (sat for 2).

Immerseus: Survival
    Protectors: BM
    Norushen: Survival
    Sha: Survival
    Shaman: BM
    Nazgrim: Survival

I'd probably play BM on Sha next week. Nazgrim/Norushen I felt were either even or Survival ahead. If you want to tunnel vision the boss I guess BM is better on Norushen... but if you're doing it properly I'd definitely go Survival.