Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Orc becoming the better race for locks in 5.4?

With the lack of beast type bosses in SoO, is this true? racial lines up with dark soul, command for 2% pet dmg, glyph of imp swarm being nerfed.. etc seems to be all working in favor or orcs over trolls

Troll racial scales, trolls are still better.

Deleted
    the beast slayer racial wad never really the reason why trolls were better, it was just icing on the cake.

do any of the big end game world first contender guilds really racechange to get the best racials? i was under the impression that they were not utterly essential?
    "You will bend to my will... with or without your precious sanity!

Quote Originally Posted by ChadBroChill17 View Post
    do any of the big end game world first contender guilds really racechange to get the best racials? i was under the impression that they were not utterly essential?
    World first does a lot of the time, but if you aren't in the top 10 guilds in the world there's really no point at all.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    With the lack of beast type bosses in SoO, is this true? racial lines up with dark soul, command for 2% pet dmg, glyph of imp swarm being nerfed.. etc seems to be all working in favor or orcs over trolls
    Female Dwarf is becoming the best race for Warlocks in 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrenka View Post
    Female Dwarf is becoming the best race for Warlocks in 5.4.
    The unimaginable horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    World first does a lot of the time, but if you aren't in the top 10 guilds in the world there's really no point at all.

More DPS is always a good point.

There is no good. No evil. No light. There is only power! - Archbishop Benedictus

Deleted
    Human ftw, I dont feel like changing faction/race to gain a minimal benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    follow this advice if you are ok with mediocrity.

orc is best if:
    A. You main destro spec
    B. its the first tier of an xpac

troll is best for all other situations.
    Last edited by weakdots; 2013-09-09 at 01:56 PM.

Berserking is shenanigans off the pull with the way soul swap works now. You can make that 20% haste last quite a while, couple that with the new archimondes darkness and you can now guarantee the 2nd berserking lining up with dark soul without having to sit on either.

I honestly have never understood people that race change frequently for little boosts in DPS. I guess to each his own, but seems just like a waste of money to me. I guess this highlights that racials are still a problem and doesn't fall in line with the "play what you want" line of thinking. Granted 99% of the player base isn't going to care about a racial providing an 0.000004% (random number) boost to DPS.

For aff locks its not going to be small, we're talking 20% haste on opener dots in multi target fights lasting for 1+ minutes due to soul swap spamming vs 2300 spellpower and 2% pet dmg.

If we were talking alliance racials then yeah none of that shit matters, but horde racials troll is a nice bit ahead in that regard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    For aff locks its not going to be small, we're talking 20% haste on opener dots in multi target fights lasting for 1+ minutes due to soul swap spamming vs 2300 spellpower and 2% pet dmg.

If we were talking alliance racials then yeah none of that shit matters, but horde racials troll is a nice bit ahead in that regard.
    Over a minute? How do you figure that? Remember that soul swap no longer extends the dots to max duration.

I'm so glad we're having another racial discussion without SimCraft numbers.

Blood Elf is obviously the best race. Arcane Torrent = less life taps = more DPS.

@liquidsteel: place dots > inhale > haunt next target (if applicable) > exhale > inhale > you've now lost 2 gcd's worth of time on dots (1 from the initial cast, 1 from the exhale) over 5 gcds. You're only losing 1 gcd every time you exhale and you can spend 1 gcd in-between the inhale / exhale casting haunt or channeling MG.

Picture a fight like dark shaman where you're just spamming that rotation from the pull, inhale > haunt > exhale > inhale > mg > exhale > inhale > etc

@bonk: for giggles and shits using simcrafts t15 bis scaling and bullshit napkin math I just pulled out of my ass~

20% haste = 8500 rating x 4.3 (haste scaling) = 36550 dps

2257 Spellpower x 5.44 = 12279 dps.
    +
    26000 (average pet dps) x .02 (2% orc racial) = 520
    =

which means you're going to need to cast 3 blood furies for every 1 berserking to break even. in a 6 minute 15 second fight you can cast a total of 4 blood furies vs 3 berserkings which would net you a benefit of:

36550 x 3 = 109650
    vs
    12279 x 3 = 36837 + 540 = 37377

a 72273 dps difference for the length that their proc remains on the dots over the course of the fight. One might say OH BUT BERSERKING LASTS 5 SECONDS LONGER YOU FORGET! but one might also realize that that shit doesn't matter because you're snapshotting at the appropriate time based on other procs most of which last 10 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll will be the winning race in 5.4 again just due to how stupid % haste is for locks. Blizzard didn't adjust the racial in 5.3 when it was bonkers with imps/demo so i doubt they will bat an eye in 5.4 when affliction does similar things with it.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

what about goblins? 1% perma haste

Passives always going to be worse for dot classes because you're snapshotting dots and getting a much longer duration out of the buff than what it's balanced around.

For instance berserking averages like 470 haste where 1% haste is 425 rating, but that's only if you're seeing 10 seconds of benefit from berserking every 3 minutes which is far from the case as a lock.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadBroChill17 View Post
    Method changed from Alliance to Horde for this very reason.