Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @liquidsteel: place dots > inhale > haunt next target (if applicable) > exhale > inhale > you've now lost 2 gcd's worth of time on dots (1 from the initial cast, 1 from the exhale) over 5 gcds. You're only losing 1 gcd every time you exhale and you can spend 1 gcd in-between the inhale / exhale casting haunt or channeling MG.
    Huh that's pretty neat.

A percentage based buff will almost always outpace a static value buff by the last tier. This is just even more true for haste due to how blizz wrote the mechanics for haste stacking.

Deleted
    Passives always going to be worse for dot classes because you're snapshotting dots and getting a much longer duration out of the buff than what it's balanced around.

For instance berserking averages like 470 haste where 1% haste is 425 rating, but that's only if you're seeing 10 seconds of benefit from berserking every 3 minutes which is far from the case as a lock.
    While that is certainly true, it is important to note that the thing that makes temporary stat gains significantly more powerful than passive ones, is their combination with cooldowns or more procs. Having multiple procs running at the same time makes for far stronger dots than they would by themselves spread out over a larger duration.
    It is also true that the Berserking buff is stronger than the Blood Fury, even more so in the final tier of the expansion. This, however, completely ignores the substantial dps boost from the pet racial that we orcs have.

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    substantial dps boost from the pet racial that we orcs have.
    I included that in my bullshit napkin math if you were paying attention, substantial =/= 540~ish dps.

Dude.

Forsaken Destro warlock.

Hes a zombie. on Fire. Thats green.

What else do you want?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    The unimaginable horror.
    You know you want it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrenka View Post
    Female Dwarf is becoming the best race for Warlocks in 5.4.
    This. swapping to alliance as we speak.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Picture a fight like dark shaman where you're just spamming that rotation from the pull, inhale > haunt > exhale > inhale > mg > exhale > inhale > etc
    So you are essentially doubling (roughly) the duration of buffed dots but reducing mg uptime by 1/3? Wonder if it's worth it.

For the Alliance! Blizz please give us some neat racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Moruff View Post
    So you are essentially doubling (roughly) the duration of buffed dots but reducing mg uptime by 1/3? Wonder if it's worth it.
    Nope. SSwap resets any un-ticked portion of a dot to the full duration - eg 0% haste, 3sec dot tick, that is 1sec from ticking goes back to 3sec till tick - and you will see the remaining time on the dot goes back up to match.

There is a potential use I guess, in that you can bounce your dots indefinitely via soulswap from A to B, then B to A.
    You would need an incredibly important burn target coming up to validate the loss of pretty much any MG damage, and most of your dot damage till then though - maybe something like spine of deathwing tendon dps, if you had procs during the adds.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-09-10 at 10:26 AM.

This is why I hope they nerf racials in 5.5 or in 6.0. Hell, they need to just make every racial in the game purely cosmetic, profession based or give a passive 1% crit/hit/haste etc.

I want to be Undead, but Berserking is insane for Affliction and Demo.

Quote Originally Posted by IdTheDemon View Post
    This is why I hope they nerf racials in 5.5 or in 6.0. Hell, they need to just make every racial in the game purely cosmetic, profession based or give a passive 1% crit/hit/haste etc.

I want to be Undead, but Berserking is insane for Affliction and Demo.
    Yea, I agree. I feel like the troll racial is too much of an advantage to ignore for aff and demo. I wish I could be a blood elf honestly, but being in a heroic raiding guild, I feel compelled to stick with troll for the extra little bit of damage boost.