Quote Originally Posted by Maokk View Post
    kjc isn't affecting chaosbolt, so it seems pretty useless 'cause to the higher priority of fel flame over incinerates.
    Yeah I realize that. I shouldn't post so early in the morning. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Has anyone mathed out how much of a damage increase the 4 set is for destro? I know it's pretty significant, but is the spec decent enough without it?

I'll only be using it as offspec for favourable fights or if I get bored on farm, and as a 10 man raider, getting 4 set when 6 of our members are on the same token is pretty much impossible (my two set from this tier was all coined).

Basically, how does destro in t15 gear compare to t16, and ultimately, is it worth playing right off the bat? I know there are people who will play it regardless, but as the raid leader of my small guild I feel I should always play the most optimal spec available on progress.
    I'm working on the theorycrafting for T16 gear right now. I'm gonna do a T16N and a T16H version to try and gauge trends along ilevel. I can't guarantee that I'll get this done until later in the week however.

I'm probably only going to be playing Destro on progression fights where fight mechanics make it best this tier. Once we have fights comfortably on farm I'll probably try Destro for them, but I doubt I'll be playing much else besides Aff for a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    First thanks to Brusalk, Zinnin, Evrelia, Gaddoh & all Warlock theorycrafters & simcraft developers, these must be very stressy long days for you.

I will most probably switch to Affliction from Destruction as main spec and play destro as second spec.
    Therefore I will probably stack stats as follow, haste 9778 > mastery > crit.
    I do not intend to reforge between fights.

-> How much of a dps loss - approximately - would it be when I switch to destruction, instead of using 5.4 destro-optimal Mastery >= Crit >> Haste?

-> If Fel flame > incinerate in most cases then KJC will never be used? The choice will be between AD (boss fight) and MF (aoe fights)
    I'm pretty sure you'll lose a lot more damage by going Aff-optimal and trying to make Destro work, than you would going Destro-optimal and making Aff work.

KjC will likely never be used until they nerf Fel Flame as i fully expect them to once they realize their mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maokk View Post
    kjc isn't affecting chaosbolt, so it seems pretty useless 'cause to the higher priority of fel flame over incinerates.
    Pretty much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I'm probably only going to be playing Destro on progression fights where fight mechanics make it best this tier. Once we have fights comfortably on farm I'll probably try Destro for them, but I doubt I'll be playing much else besides Aff for a while.
    Yeah I thought as much, look forward to seeing the comparisons though.

Haste Caps in 5.4

I have been reading this thread and got the gist of Destro in 5.4. I went form a 10k+ haste build to a high mastery build. But I was wondering if anyone knows if Destro is going to have any haste breakpoints or targets. Also, should I be gemming straight mastery, and reforgin excess hit and haste to crit and mastery? I am not sitting with about 4K haste, 7600 crit and 9865 mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by traumabrew View Post
    I have been reading this thread and got the gist of Destro in 5.4. I went form a 10k+ haste build to a high mastery build. But I was wondering if anyone knows if Destro is going to have any haste breakpoints or targets. Also, should I be gemming straight mastery, and reforgin excess hit and haste to crit and mastery? I am not sitting with about 4K haste, 7600 crit and 9865 mastery.
    None that I know of or anticipate being found.

I can't say for sure, but it's fairly likely that everything you can do to get more Mastery is worth it. Get Crit on an item if you can't get Mastery. Ignore Haste like the plague.

None that I know of or anticipate being found.

I can't say for sure, but it's fairly likely that everything you can do to get more Mastery is worth it. Get Crit on an item if you can't get Mastery. Ignore Haste like the plague.
    Do you forsee Destro being competitive during normal progression?

Quote Originally Posted by bitterlock View Post
    For specific fights maybe, but Aff is pretty much better than Destro at what used to make Destro good. Only thing propping up Destro now is gaming Shadowburn ember generation, which is basically back to how it was in 5.1.

Deleted
    Come on guys, if I'm the only warlock playing/ranking as Destro on half the fights the officers are going to start asking questions again, T14 style

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Come on guys, if I'm the only warlock playing/ranking as Destro on half the fights the officers are going to start asking questions again, T14 style
    Just tell them they should be happy they have the world's #1 destruction warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by bitterlock View Post
    For normal modes the only fight I see destruction possibly being good would be Galakras if p1/towers are a problem getting down and spoils. The other specs will do much better on the other fights.

Sorry

I got a lot of flac back in T14 for not being Aff, and I've been getting it again recently with regards to our T16 progression. I don't think I have the political capital to maintain Destro for every fight, especially when I can't justify it logically on some fights.

I will go Destro once we have fights on farm though :P

For specific fights maybe, but Aff is pretty much better than Destro at what used to make Destro good. Only thing propping up Destro now is gaming Shadowburn ember generation, which is basically back to how it was in 5.1.
    Sorry, can you elaborate on gaming SBurn ember generation? I didn't see a change for shadowburn and its ember generation in the patch notes.

Deleted
    Ill be destro for everything as usual, if its that weak itll get buffed, but destro hasnt been 'great' for any tier so far and ive always managed to do epicly.

At above its where you make sure adds die with the shadowburn debuff on them so you get 2 embers back.

Yes, but isn't that how it was in 5.3?

FYI - incinerate buff incoming

Josh Allen ‏@devolore 10m

@boomerang_wow have an incinerate buff in the works

2:30 PM - 9 Sep 13 · Details

Hopefully that takes a Fel Flame nerf off the table.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    FYI - incinerate buff incoming

Josh Allen ‏@devolore 10m

@boomerang_wow have an incinerate buff in the works

2:30 PM - 9 Sep 13 · Details
    Well that's good news. Hopefully it's significant, though I was kinda hoping we'd get at least a week with Fel Flame rotation :P

I'm extremely happy that they're not nerfing Fel Flame instead.

Well that's good news. Hopefully it's significant, though I was kinda hoping we'd get at least a week with Fel Flame rotation :P

I'm extremely happy that they're not nerfing Fel Flame instead.
    I was pretty sure they were going to buff incinerate . . . I'm hoping it's to ember gen (3 on crit would be perfect and fix a lot of issues for us), but I'm thinking it's going to be more like +10% to damage and scaling.

Deleted
    Hmmm I wonder... Could you say again that you won't be playing Destro Brusalk ?

Great news
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-09-09 at 10:10 PM.

Hmmm I wonder... Could you say again that you won't be playing Destro Brusalk ?

Great news
    Depends on the results. Basically the way I put it to my guild is that I'll play the best spec for the task on progression.