Well the current "hard proof" all ptr has been to log your attempts on bosses and to compare Aff v. Demo. Since most PTR logs are set to private it hasn't really been important to post it on MMO forums. You can test yourself on a PTR training dummy. 3 mins of Aff v. 3 mins of Demo. Affliction looks like it's going to be the highest DPS spec and I get the most out if it going for 9778 and stacking all mastery.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Then perhaps we should all enjoy it during the first week before the nerf bat comes by
    If it is so much more powerful than anything else they won't let it through.
    Its more powerfull than demo, its not more powerfull than a Bladestorm Warrior also on 1min CD and Deepwounds got a huge buff.

With "going for 9778" then Mastery i take it you're referring to Haste right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirjeize View Post
    With "going for 9778" then Mastery i take it you're referring to Haste right ?
    Yes, it's the haste required to get to the +4 agony break point.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Its more powerfull than demo, its not more powerfull than a Bladestorm Warrior also on 1min CD and Deepwounds got a huge buff.
    I feel like you are talking about AoE, while the comment you quoted is about single target. On a single target, and even more so on things like Protectors (3 mobs that are not stacked and stay almost the whole fight), Affliction is insane.

Deleted
    What does Lore mean with this tweet?

PSA: Every class except Warlock is currently saying there's "no reason to bring me over a _____. Guess where we think the problem is.
    Josh Allen (@devolore)

It means they think warlock is too valuable to a raid compared to other classes, though that has little to do with damage and more to do with defensive CDs, Gateways, Healthstones, and teleports. However, I could see them balancing the damage around that fact.

Deleted
    In the tweet after he says it's because of the gateway.

Deleted
    He tweeted right after that it's Gateway. Which is fair I guess, though I'd hate it being gutted, I really like it's usage in raids.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If mages really think there's a class that would be taken over them, then that's comical. I don't see how a mage would, on any fight, be swapped out for another ranged class. The ONLY fight i can see this MAYBE coming into effect on would be one with heavy moment.

Mages bring portals, foods, a lust, and their always #1 damage.

Actually, while we're at it, I can think of more specs that are extremely un-swappable: Shamans (for healing CD's no matter the spec, lust, and clinch healing rains), hunters for kiting and MD'ing adds; Priests for their lvl90 healing CD's, and more CD's. Each class has their own raid-wide benefits. Locks just have utility in terms of summons and gateways.

Quote Originally Posted by Saferis View Post
    Mages bring portals, foods
    Neither of which provide any real use for a raid.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    Neither of which provide any real use for a raid.
    In many unprepared groups where you cannot mount to get foodstuffs from the vendors, food can be neat. Plus, groups which lose members for whatever reason can benefit from a mage who can port them back to a city to search again. This may especially be useful for flex raids, where people may need to adjust their amount of players or whatever.

In a nutshell, the lock portal too can be said that it has no real use, as people can easily use the stones outside the raids and subsequently walk in to the next boss's room (or near it). Both the lock stones and mage portals are for convenience.

This being said, lust is key and in 10 mans without a shaman, you can't swap the mage. (Screw BM's lust).

I'd throw Warriors into that list. My 10 man crew raids without one.

If I'm in a situation where there is a Warrior (World boss, Cross realms stuff etc.) and skull banner is thrown down, the difference is crazy.

Or a Rogues Tricks. Nothing wrong with classes having some unique abilities.

I hope by Lores post, it means they want to give a portal-like device to another class, rather then wrecking ours.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    I'd throw Warriors into that list. My 10 man crew raids without one.

If I'm in a situation where there is a Warrior (World boss, Cross realms stuff etc.) and skull banner is thrown down, the difference is crazy.

Or a Rogues Tricks. Nothing wrong with classes having some unique abilities.

I hope by Lores post, it means they want to give a portal-like device to another class, rather then wrecking ours.

Every class has their own unique abilities to either benefit themselves or the raid. It's just how each of those abilities intertwine and compare with one another. After acquiring two tanks and three healers (respective to what you need or what the fight demands), your dps pool is ideally made up of 2 melee and 3 ranged, or vice versa. At this point, orienting the dps around what classes you need is entirely fight dependent, and dependent on what your raid leader prefers.

This being said, everything drastically changes for 25 man. If i was a 25 man GM, I'd make sure that I had EVERY single spec on my roster (excluding the holy/disc deal) just for the sake of variety. 10 man's don't benefit from this, and then from hereon in arrives the 10 man vs 25 man argument.

Deleted
    In a nutshell, the lock portal too can be said that it has no real use, as people can easily use the stones outside the raids and subsequently walk in to the next boss's room (or near it). Both the lock stones and mage portals are for convenience.
    Pretty sure the spell that is meant is Demonic Gateway, not Ritual of Summoning... Gateway has been a massive help on several fights (Iron Qon, Lei Shen come to mind).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    In the tweet after he says it's because of the gateway.
    honestly, ive never understood why the devs are so keen on make gateway be the "be-all-end-all" super ability, it seems to me that it is at best highly situational but in those situations they more or less trivializes the mechanics.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-09-09 at 10:17 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    Pretty sure the spell that is meant is Demonic Gateway, not Ritual of Summoning... Gateway has been a massive help on several fights (Iron Qon, Lei Shen come to mind).
    I know, but I was just talking globally. Obviously the devs were referring to that, as if they were referring to anything else, they'd be going wayy out of line.

10+ Year Old Account
    In many unprepared groups where you cannot mount to get foodstuffs from the vendors, food can be neat. Plus, groups which lose members for whatever reason can benefit from a mage who can port them back to a city to search again. This may especially be useful for flex raids, where people may need to adjust their amount of players or whatever.

This being said, lust is key and in 10 mans without a shaman, you can't swap the mage. (Screw BM's lust).
    you are aware they are referring to demonic gateway, and not our summoning stone right?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    you are aware they are referring to demonic gateway, and not our summoning stone right?
    As I said before, yes. I was just comparing mages to warlocks in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    On PTR, Haunt is still giving 45% damage buff to DoTs although the notes say 40%. Hmm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    honestly, ive never understood why the devs are so keen on make gateway be the "be-all-end-all" super ability, it seems to me that it is at best highly situational but in those situations they more or less trivializes the mechanics.
    I feel like with the 1 minute debuff you get it'll make it even more situational that won't really trivialize anything. You didn't need this ability at all in ToT so it's not like it's required..