Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.4 Trailer = SF vs MK?

Sooo who else watched this and mentally thought...

"HADOKEN!!" with Taran Zhu... or after Garrosh knocks him into the water and he comes back with an uppercut heard in their heads "SHOOORRRRRR YUUUUKEN!!!!!" (I was actually surprised Garrosh didn't burst into flame like targets do when hit by Ken's dragon uppercut).

Course, when Garrosh chains him and pulls him thru the air, couldn't help but mentally hear Scorpion going "GET OVER HERRRRRREEEE!!!"

"Your father dabbled in powers beyond reckoning. Where is he now?"

"ROUND 1... FIGHT!!"

Course there is the perpetual "FATALITY" after Garrosh kills him.

No I did not. Also, Garrosh did not kill him, Taran is only wounded.

I didn't actually, but I also have no idea where it's from. Also didn't see Taran Zhu being killed, new video?

I didn't imagine that, I was more kicking my feet like a 6 year old, sitting on the edge of my chair and giggling, all the while saying, "Oh shit-! He didn't! He DID! OMG! THAT WAS AWESOME! THAT WAS COOLER! ERHMAHGERD BEST TRAILER EVER!"

It did kind of look like a Hadoken, I'll give you that though. And now I want to hear Garrosh say, "GET OVER HERE!" I feel he'd do a good Scorpion impression.

guilty as charge, I always yell "shouryuuken" and "get over here" during that trailer.

not hadouken though.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I was too busy nerding all over the place.
    Butts.

No new video. I just consider being impaled on an axe from your chest to your nuts effectively a fatality as there are fatalities in MK like that. I know Garrosh didn't kill him, cuz Garrosh couldn't even kill the frigging prince. He's a puss.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpony View Post
    No new video. I just consider being impaled on an axe from your chest to your nuts effectively a fatality as there are fatalities in MK like that. I know Garrosh didn't kill him, cuz Garrosh couldn't even kill the frigging prince. He's a puss.
    Bouncy racial mate
    also there is almost no actual sharp edge on the area he landed on so yeah he is fine

If he was killed it would have to be all implied, there was no blood, no coughing up blood no giant gaping wound. What it looked like to me was garrosh busted up some ribs and probably caused some internal damage enough to render Zhu combat ineffective. If he died it would have been in that giant sha explosion following the fight but even that is kind of unclear

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    If he was killed it would have to be all implied, there was no blood, no coughing up blood no giant gaping wound. What it looked like to me was garrosh busted up some ribs and probably caused some internal damage enough to render Zhu combat ineffective. If he died it would have been in that giant sha explosion following the fight but even that is kind of unclear
    He survives. The sound files confirm that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    So do the videos. I hope Taran Zhu is prominent in the next expansion as well. Pandaren need a true leader and Taran Zhu is awesome on many levels. Anyone who thinks he's a mary-sue goody two-shoes clearly didn't pay any attention in the Shado-pan questing areas either.
    Well to be honest, those are the same people who think Thrall is Metzen's in-game avatar and Mary Sue of the Mary Sues.

You forgot Scorpion's "GET OVER HERE!" when Garrosh pulled Taran Zhu with his chain.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/47788-guardian-spirit

He's a Priest remember.

It was very cheesy indeed. But maybe it appeals to some people. I for one liked a more dramatic turn of events, like Wrathgate.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Pandaren need a true leader and Taran Zhu is awesome on many levels.
    He technically already is their leader. Every time we've seen him talking to a mayor or a faction leader of any kind they're [I]answering[/QUOTE] to him. He's the head of the local authorities for the entire continent. That includes not just policing but military.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea what a SF and a MK are. Judging from the last lines, maybe it's something referring to Mortal Kombat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I have no idea what a SF and a MK are. Judging from the last lines, maybe it's something referring to Mortal Kombat.
    SF = Street Fighter
    MK = Mortal Kombat
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    SF = Street Fighter
    MK = Mortal Kombat
    Thanks for the clarification!

Did you take a close look at Monk animations by any chance ? They are a pure ripoff of Street Fighter moves

Stance = Yun or Yang's idle stance

Breath of Fire = Dhalsim's super

Spinning Crane Kick = Ryu / Ken / Akuma / Gouken's Tatskumaki Senpukyaku ( aka Hurricane kick )

Rising Sun Kick = Guile's Flash Kick

Spinning Fire Blossom = EX Hadoken / Red Fireball

Chi Torpedo = M.Bison's Psycho Crusher

And probably others also.

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    Did you take a close look at Monk animations by any chance ? They are a pure ripoff of Street Fighter moves
    They are based on real world martial arts.

Street Fighter did not invent any of those.