Poll: Would you be ok with Faction-exclusive Classes?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    No. In the end, one faction's classes would be superior to the other faction's, and we'd have players of the inferior side whining and transferring.

I would be ok with a class that is different for horde and alliance but is otherwise the same like the faction armor in vanilla. Not sure what that could even be though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    The whole premise of faction restricted classes is about as stupid as a notion that some races can somehow not be some classes and a predetermined notion of lore dictates it so. A perfect example of this was Orc Mages and a continued example of it is Human Druids and Gnome hunters as well as Worgen monks and Goblin monks.

Creating more diversity via faction specific classes, especially considering the hell of a balancing issue that was with only 2 classes, is just a bad step for game design in general. At this point I'd be much happier if everyone got off the "each race must have class restrictions train" and not even bother getting on the "faction diversity train!"
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Yes. Almost anything to make the game interesting once more. I don't give much of a toss about balance. Most players don't as well. They want some fun and excitement, and diversity is fun and exciting!

I would also suggest bringing back variations of classes depending on the race. Yes, it will piss some people off, mainly the tiny minority of actually high-performance players; and their somewhat bigger, but still a minority by a gbreat margin, followers; but they always flavour-of-month with their antics in order to min-max; and there is just no pleasing them.

So I would be glad if they were left to reroll all around, and the game got some mch needed unwieldly fun at long last.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    The whole premise of faction restricted classes is about as stupid as a notion that some races can somehow not be some classes and a predetermined notion of lore dictates it so. A perfect example of this was Orc Mages and a continued example of it is Human Druids and Gnome hunters as well as Worgen monks and Goblin monks.

"
    Actually Blizz decided not to allow Worgen/Goblin Monks because they were new to each faction and they wanted to encourage folks to use the other classes. Blizzard DID say they were going to allow Worgen/Goblin Monks at some point though at this point it'll likely be during the next expansion. As for Pandaren Death Knights there's no lore to support it period.

Also technically humans COULD be druids as the Harvest Witch Worgen Druids first meet in Gilneas is a human. Personally I think the Lore is more supportive of Human Druids and the Worgen curse is a permanent byproduct of Druidism. We learned in Wolfheart Varian has the spirit of Goldrinn on his side so...yeah XD
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

I don't care about faction, I care about race. I would LOVE for my paladin to be called a Blood Knight, or Sunwalker. Maybe have some effects that are different. Chainging ability names would be too weird, (See: SWTOR) but Iwould lvoe for the visuals to be different. And the Class name. Maybe spec names. >.> <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    if both factions cannot play all the same classes you can not even attempt to try to make an effort towards creating anything remotely resembling balance between them

- - - Updated - - -

i see nothing wrong however with renaming classes by race to match lore (but they remain mechanically the same across factions/races)
    would be like how SWTOR was, bounty hunters = troopers and so on

As soon as you state there was a "general consensus", some majority opinion then you make it hard to have a proper discussion.
    The issue was exclusivity, and unique buffs which each became mandatory and would trivialise or at least prove hugely important for differing reasons.
    Should 1 faction have a distinct advantage in one part of the content ?
    No.

Any preference back then was for flavour, for lore and for differentiation.
    Balance was a mess for many reasons, that included.

I don't care about faction, I care about race. I would LOVE for my paladin to be called a Blood Knight, or Sunwalker. Maybe have some effects that are different. Chainging ability names would be too weird, (See: SWTOR) but Iwould lvoe for the visuals to be different. And the Class name. Maybe spec names. >.> <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    The general consensus of the Vanilla crowd is they preferred it when Pallies were Alliance exclusive and Shaman was Horde exclusive.
    I don't believe anyone really knows what the "consensus" of the Vanilla crowd is.

I also doubt that particular classes will ever be removed from factions, ever. WoW has already been moving in the other direction for quite some time now (classes have been added to each faction).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    As soon as you state there was a "general consensus", some majority opinion then you make it hard to have a proper discussion.
    I wasn't really looking for a discussion outside supporting arguments to go with your opinion on the poll and topic questions.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Deleted
    Don't particularly care, I played both Horde & Alliance in vanilla.