Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The problem with this thread, like most (if not all) Jaylock threads, is that I believe the OP is intelligent enough to know that the idea he is proposing is not a good idea, and is actually against it.

The OP is playing the bad role of devil's advocate, insulting our intelligence every post along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    The problem with this thread, like most (if not all) Jaylock threads, is that I believe the OP is intelligent enough to know that the idea he is proposing is not a good idea, and is actually against it.

The OP is playing the bad role of devil's advocate, insulting our intelligence every post along the way.
    Aw you caught on. Really though, he's not insulting anyone's intelligence anymore than they already do to themselves in threads where the Blizzard secret service brigade come galloping along to apologize. Most of the rationalizing you see in those threads is already loaded with blind bias derp for anything Blizz does.

These clever tongue in cheek threads by Jay are incredibly fun to follow. Especially seeing how he turns their same arguments against them and they end up contradicting themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're not really here to discuss how you feel about Jaylock or his threads.

OT: I like this idea quite a bit, really. There have been many times I've wanted to try a class out at max level and really don't want to level again...I've got 7 90's already.

This has been said about 100 times. Leveling serves as a training ground for new players. It allows them to learn a lot about their class.

The attention of players is poor enough on a general scale. Could you imagine an LFR where half of them are paid to 90 toons?

Please lock this thread.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    This has been said about 100 times. Leveling serves as a training ground for new players. It allows them to learn a lot about their class.

The attention of players is poor enough on a general scale. Could you imagine an LFR where half of them are paid to 90 toons?

Please lock this thread.
    So what if the service put you to say... 80? Plenty of time to learn a class in those 10 levels.

I don't like the idea of paying for a 90, but paying for a boost? I have no problem with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

OT: I like this idea quite a bit, really. There have been many times I've wanted to try a class out at max level and really don't want to level again...I've got 7 90's already.
    Yeah, the validity of his threads serves no purpose when it doesn't support you idea, right?

/sarcasm off

You could use your excuse about anything. "I have 3 geared toons and don't feel like gearing a fourth. I think paid tier sets should be an option". When does that argument cease and become "the game should be f____ing played?

I would rather they just gave people an option to skip to the end on alts after leveling up one class to whatever the current max level is legit. The last thing we need is more crap for them to milk more money from their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I was just trying to merely point out to those that may not understand, that when you're playing the angle the OP has, there really isn't a topic to be on-topic about.

Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    So what if the service put you to say... 80? Plenty of time to learn a class in those 10 levels.

I don't like the idea of paying for a 90, but paying for a boost? I have no problem with that.
    First, have you ever tried playing a toon starting at level 80? I have via RaF and it took me hours to get my grips around knowing the class to start leveling towards 81.

Second, this is a subscription based MMO. Why should someone who already pays have to be subject to someone having more level 90 toons because they paid more? Players should be rewarded by how much time they put in ONLINE not OFFLINE. I am completely against anything that is rewarded outside of PLAYING the game. A subscription based game should be fair to all subscribed. Yes there are heirlooms and RAF, but those things are free and can be attained by anyone PLAYING the game.

Yes! The more in-game things for people to buy has a better chance of making the subscription cost go down. Who cares if people pay to level. As long as you're playing and doing what you want to do, who cares what the other guy is doing.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I would rather they just gave people an option to skip to the end on alts after leveling up one class to whatever the current max level is legit. The last thing we need is more crap for them to milk more money from their customers.
    I agree with this the most and honestly see nothing wrong with it at all.

Nope, better idea! I want them to drop all race/class restrictions and allow one toon to be able to switch between all classes like you can in FF14. Kinda spoiled on that now even though I know it'll never (maybe....) happen.

I at least hope they do that with professions though....

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    Yes! The more in-game things for people to buy has a better chance of making the subscription cost go down.

The subscription cost will never go down. The problem is that the subscription fee has never gone up. The game costs the same to play as it did nearly 10 years ago. In that 10 years, operating costs have risen dramatically, while the subscription fee has stayed the same.

To offset this loss they can either charge more per month, which is obviously out of the question -- or they find income elsewhere.

With all that said, the argument here isn't if there should be better incentive for players with alts who want level 90 toons quicker since they have seen the leveling process so many times. The argument is if PAYING for 90s is a good idea. Put simply, it isn't.

A better idea would be like a scaling XP buff. Such as, for every level 90 character you have, your next created character has a 50% experience buff on top of heirlooms. That would give your 5th character a 200% XP buff. I am sure with something like this, players would be really happy as it lets them run through content that they have seen 4 other times while still staying at a pace to allow learning the class. Leveling multiple characters would make you pretty advanced when running through quests so the speed increase wouldn't put a damper on learning the class since all your attention would be on that due to quests and etcetera becoming effortless

The subscription cost will never go down. The problem is that the subscription fee has never gone up. The game costs the same to play as it did nearly 10 years ago. In that 10 years, operating costs have risen dramatically, while the subscription fee has stayed the same.

To offset this loss they can either charge more per month, which is obviously out of the question -- or they find income elsewhere.
    Like I said, The more in-game things for people to buy has a better chance of making the subscription cost go down.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't think of a single other F2P game that offers anything as broken as a jump to max level for price function. It is just falling into way to dangerous of a territory where you can honestly call it, pay to win. I have almost a level 90 of every class and I enjoyed playing through all of them. The point is that this is a video game. If you are not enjoying playing it to the point that you are willing to pay upwards of $40 to skip portions, maybe you need to reconsider playing the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    First, have you ever tried playing a toon starting at level 80? I have via RaF and it took me hours to get my grips around knowing the class to start leveling towards 81.
    That's pretty surprising. I've never had that issue running test toons on the PTR. Most of the classes and their mechanics are easy to pick up. Your experience might have differed, but that's not a reason to say that no one should be allowed to skip over the tedious leveling they've done 10+ times.

10+ Year Old Account

You know their operating cost have gone down, people buy the game, Xpacs and pay a sub. Reporting record profits every quarter, so there is no reason to raise the sub or add more mico transactions doing either will just have more backlash

10+ Year Old Account
    At the farmers market with my "so called girl-friend"
    I think it could be ok if some restrictions where put into place. For Example

* No insta-level past 70 (80?)
    * Can be purchased in game with Gold on accounts that have a max lvl character
    * Give service a 3 day cool down (Much like Race/Server change have)
    * And if purchased on an account that has no max lvl character, require player to do a "Proving Grounds" type instance
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Q: What's Black, White and Asian all at the same time?
    A: Pandas. Easing racial tensions since 1999.

Deleted
    Jaylock just get a bot if you are tired of lvling, as people have already said, you will prob save both money and time, unlike with ur solution where you will only really save time.

Would rather pay to skip 60-80 really. 80-85 and 85-90 are pretty fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    You know their operating cost have gone down,
    How's that exactly? Evidence please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.