Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why are you advocating bots? I am not asking for a botting service or anything like that. I am simply discussing the validity of having a paid service to skip levels. The fees would have to be:

a) Low enough to be a good value service to the player base

b) High enough to keep people from just spending everything in their wallet to have 50 max level characters on their account

c) In addition to the fees, there would have to be restrictions like a cooldown every 10 levels or so, or some other restriction so people arent just maxing toons out all day err day.

- - - Updated - - -

So what? If they have the money to do so, who are you to restrict them on how and what the spend it on?

- - - Updated - - -

I think those high end guilds already have their toons maxed out pretty early in the life of an expansion to get ready for that. Also, you completely ignored the part where i said there would be restrictions to the service.

I like the idea actually, and I wouldn't mind using the service, if I do actually ever subscribe to this game again.
    Starting to think you work for Blizzard, testing the waters so to speak:P? Well first of all, pay to win, pay to skip content.... Some people have already said it, and im saying it again, why not play on a private server if you feel like skipping content, or are just bored/lazy of doing things over again? Makes no sense to implement it, it breaks the core design of the game. Also why not sell gear then? Both levels and gear increase the players powers.... your logic is well, i have no idea how you came up with this to be honest.

b) High enough to keep people from just spending everything in their wallet to have 50 max level characters on their account

c) In addition to the fees, there would have to be restrictions like a cooldown every 10 levels or so, or some other restriction so people arent just maxing toons out all day err day.
    Why? For people who don't like leveling the draw of paid level skipping would be skipping whole damn thing, or most of it at least with reasonable cost. Leveling new alts is really pointless exercise now since it's been simplified and many of the people posting on this forum has multiple max level alts already and don't need to L2P anything.

Blizzard already fucked up once this summer with pricing of things by knocking the mog hats out of the park with a pricetag that should include whole set of gear from head to toes. $5/level would be pinnacle of stupidity and make them the laughing stock of whole industry.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    You can buy already a lvl 80 for the price of a simple character transfer.
    Resurection Scroll comes nowadays with a free lvl 80 character of your choice -including 280% flying and gear. So all you have to do is use it on a dead account and transfer your character over to your main account.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had been given a lv90 monk when mists came out, I wouldn't have a clue what to do with it, and it probably wouldn't have become my fav class as a result (I have four of them now, more then shamans), and its because I learned about the class leveling him up that I realised what make it work.

buying your way to max level is cheap, and cheapens the experience.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    If I had been given a lv90 monk when mists came out, I wouldn't have a clue what to do with it, and it probably wouldn't have become my fav class as a result (I have four of them now, more then shamans), and its because I learned about the class leveling him up that I realised what make it work.

buying your way to max level is cheap, and cheapens the experience.
    Smart people need 30min to understand a class. another hour and you can beat easily 1,6k arena players. If you need the time to learn, level as much as you want but some of us will do anything to avoid wasting time on something we neither need nor enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, lets inject an even larger load of players who have no idea how to play this game into max level areas. LFR not annoying enough for you?

Pay for play is a no no

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Why? For people who don't like leveling the draw of paid level skipping would be skipping whole damn thing, or most of it at least with reasonable cost. Leveling new alts is really pointless exercise now since it's been simplified and many of the people posting on this forum has multiple max level alts already and don't need to L2P anything.

Blizzard already fucked up once this summer with pricing of things by knocking the mog hats out of the park with a pricetag that should include whole set of gear from head to toes. $5/level would be pinnacle of stupidity and make them the laughing stock of whole industry.
    Hey, you dont have to buy the mog hats if you dont want to. They priced them at $15 each because the demand was there. Stop acting like they arent a business.

So people got all crazy about a cosmetic helmet (Gear) going into cash shop....Paying for a level? Oh wow I can already see the horror.

Hey, you dont have to buy the mog hats if you dont want to. They priced them at $15 each because the demand was there. Stop acting like they arent a business.
    Of course they are business, but it is very possible to set your prices so high that you'll be out of business in no time.

You only need to apply a little common sense (and google what chinese sweatshops are asking for leveling services) to figure out that close to $500 for 1-90 is the very definition of madness.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they are business, but it is very possible to set your prices so high that you'll be out of business in no time.

You only need to apply a little common sense (and google what chinese sweatshops are asking for leveling services) to figure out that close to $500 for 1-90 is the very definition of madness.
    If i remember correctly, the day after the mog hats were available there were TONS of players running around with the new hats on. I would say that was a huge success.

Also, stop acting like I had no restrictions on the proposed level skip service. You are getting ridiculous now.

10+ Year Old Account

OBVIOUSLY the prices weren't set too high
    They were a success, I see people running around all over god's earth with mog helms stop being mad about something you couldn't afford just because someone else can afford it. The mog hats weren't mandatory...
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Also, stop acting like I had no restrictions on the proposed level skip service. You are getting ridiculous now.
    Only thing ridiculous in here is you. I told you few posts up why the restrictions are stupid beyond belief and would make whole level skip service pointless.

But since you already ignored it once I'm gonna repeat the main point again here:

What people want to skip is large range of levels, like for example going from 1 to 85. The part of leveling that people hate the most is the badly outdated Outlands and badly disjointed 80-85. There is no single level anywhere in the game that can be singled out and pointed to be so bad it's worth $5 on it's own. If you do not understand that and make up weird shit like paying $95 to skip TBC or WLK entirely this whole thread is just waste of time and space.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    OBVIOUSLY the prices weren't set too high
    O'rly? Most F2P games are asking for something like $5-10 for whole set from head to toes. So yes, $15 hat is ridiculous overpricing.

They were a success, I see people running around all over god's earth with mog helms
    Not on low population realms.

stop being mad about something you couldn't afford just because someone else can afford it. The mog hats weren't mandatory...
    99% of hats Blizzard has made including the $15 store bought ones are fugly as hell and I wouldn't ever consider using those. All four of my lv90 chars have had hat and cloak slots hidden for years for a reason. The only thing mad here is you thinking those prices are anywhere close to reasonable.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    First no, we pay a subscription. Also this would just make them want to make leveling slower and shittier so more people buy it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    No. I pay money every month to play this game. I'm not interesting in paying even more in order to to have less content, which is essentially what this is.
    funny that most of the content is aimed at endgame max level not levelers how did you get moderator?

- - - Updated - - -

leveling is boring what happens in 5 expansions time at level 140 or whatever do you really wanna level from 1 to 140 no cos itw ill take to damn long people have jobs and lifes and friends they should implement aleveling service and a goldselling service to atleast then peoples account wont get hacked by the chinese scumbots hacking wow accounts

Well, think about times where you like to level, and then about times where you would rather skip a level or two. I think it would be a good idea to allow that especially after you have cleared the content before on another character.

It would just be like the recruit a friend level up system where you ding up, but you would actually have to pay to get the "free" level.

- - - Updated - - -

How is it pay to win? What are you winning at the end of the day? Time saved?
    Pay to win refers to paying so you don't have to actually play the game to get stuff done. So, that's how it's pay to win.

And the guy you quoted is right. A lot of pay to win will encourage sloppy design so people sink money to avoid said design, such as crappy leveling environments, and little incentive to improve environments that are bad (Blizz: "We understand that you may not like the TBC content, but would like to point out the possibility to buy some leveling boosters!").
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-09-10 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

O'rly? Most F2P games are asking for something like $5-10 for whole set from head to toes. So yes, $15 hat is ridiculous overpricing.

Not on low population realms.

99% of hats Blizzard has made including the $15 store bought ones are fugly as hell and I wouldn't ever consider using those. All four of my lv90 chars have had hat and cloak slots hidden for years for a reason. The only thing mad here is you thinking those prices are anywhere close to reasonable.
    I see your responses and am reminded of the fable about the fox and the grapes. "Sour grapes".
    If they are overpriced, why are people buying them?
    If they are ugly, why are people wearing them?
    You don't see many on a low pop realm...because there aren't many people there to beign with
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

That's a lot more than I paid powerlevelers on my alt account. Wouldn't bother me, but I wouldn't use the service.

I'd rather it be like this:

When you level a character to 90, you get one token to skip 10 (or maybe more!) levels (no money paid), that stacks to a max of 90 levels. So, it'd just be a reward to players leveling up lots of characters, and not something you pay for.

I'd also like the ability too, if I maxed out one class before, to immediately start at level 85 with said class, or something. Maybe lower. Something sort of like "Hero" versions of classes, but still the same class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worsthitmanNa View Post
    They were talking about a debuff that would reduce exp gained and stack for each toons you leveled. Why make it more time consuming for someone who has seen the content on multiple alts?
    My bad. I thought it said reduce XP required, not gained, eg essentially an heirloom buff.

Sig by Isilrien