Poll: What is your Sub Loss Prediction?

Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Who cares? These threads always come up and nothing changes

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Where did you take these informations from, especially the 40% stuff about their staff? Also activision-blizzard bought itself free from VIVENDI not blizzard from activision. Furthermore, where is aquamonkey when you need him? I want the link to the blue post(s) that says all the stuff you talk about.

Edit: Because of a serious case of horrid engrish, and the senteces are still wonky, sry.
    You haven't seen the blue quotes about th 40%? look it up, not going to waste my time keeping you up to date.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If anything, Blizzard will be less shielded from Activision than it was before, as Vivendi will no longer control the board.
    that was my point right here. blizzard is more free to do what they want with their own product.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    I know my arithmetic can be a little off at times, but 10-7.7 = 2.3; 0.1+1.3+06. = 2. Where did that other 300,000 subscriptions go if they were not lost, but are no longer subscribed (banned? <.<)?
    already beat you too it lol.

and i'm sure most of that 1.3 million in Q1 were chinese gold farmers who could no longer make money off of motes!

Quote Originally Posted by Fatherfork View Post
    already beat you too it lol.

and i'm sure most of that 1.3 million in Q1 were chinese gold farmers who could no longer make money off of motes!
    It is a typo there were 400k lost in Q4 2012 not 100k as in the OP.

that was my point right here. blizzard is more free to do what they want with their own product.
    You mean, Kotick will be more free to tell Blizzard what to do.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Where did you take these informations from, especially the 40% stuff about their staff? Also activision-blizzard bought itself free from VIVENDI not blizzard from activision. Furthermore, where is aquamonkey when you need him? I want the link to the blue post(s) that says all the stuff you talk about.

Edit: Because of a serious case of horrid engrish, and the senteces are still wonky, sry.
    actually tard, it's on mmo-champion's main page. ctrl+F "40%"

Infracted. Flaming is not tolerated here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-09-10 at 07:47 PM.

More than 2-3M loss, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by infernaldark View Post
    more than 2-3m loss, hopefully.
    bah humbug, me troll all day all night no find food starve and die

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-09-10 at 07:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Blizz doesnt do math like the rest of us. Like when something will be release on August 28. it really means Sept. 10.

And how do they get 1 month content cycles from only a 40% workforce increase? In reality they would need a 400% worker increase to get down to 1 month cycles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Well Blizz doesnt do math like the rest of us. Like when something will be release on August 28. it really means Sept. 10.

And how do they get 1 month content cycles from only a 40% workforce increase? In reality they would need a 400% worker increase to get down to 1 month cycles.
    What makes you throw out a number like that? Tossing more developers and project managers and so on at something doesn't reduce the time to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    What makes you throw out a number like that? Tossing more developers and project managers and so on at something doesn't reduce the time to develop.

Blizzard will increase their staff as needed to meet their goals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard will increase their staff as needed to meet their goals.
    There is a limit to the increases. The more people, the more overhead. The more overhead, the longer it takes to do any one thing.

What I'm objecting to is the idea that a 400% increase in staff would be needed to reduce content cycles instead of streamlining the process

There is a limit to the increases. The more people, the more overhead. The more overhead, the longer it takes to do any one thing.

What I'm objecting to is the idea that a 400% increase in staff would be needed to reduce content cycles instead of streamlining the process

Agreed. And without knowing the base number, if it's 12 or 300 to begin with, 40% could mean 5 people, or 120 people, throwing out percentages like 400% sounds big but it could be a small amount of people.

Some of you reaaalllyyy need to get over the whole subscription numbers thing. We all knew exponential growth wouldn't last and would contract. You're not a genius for saying "LAWL THEY LOSE SOME EVERY QUARTER LAWL!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Some of you reaaalllyyy need to get over the whole subscription numbers thing. We all knew exponential growth wouldn't last and would contract. You're not a genius for saying "LAWL THEY LOSE SOME EVERY QUARTER LAWL!!!"
    It is something to discuss.

Unlike some, though, I don't see it as a bad thing but an inevitable thing. WoW couldn't keep up a high sub count forever. There was eventually going to be a drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Stop spreading false information that anyone can see by simply loggin in.

The fact your GW2 game lost all this activity despite having no subscription is a serious indication it is just GW1 with a new added number.

Copies sold is no active players and since it is an MMORPG that really shows it never can be compared with a SUBSCRIPTION based game.

So stay out with your usual GW2 propaganda in a WoW thread about non existent subscriptions of your game.
    Would you like me to start posting screenshots and videos?
    I will gladly stay out of your WoW thread when people stop bringing GW2 into it with patently false information.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    most of the subs are prolly pvpers since we dnt see any love or fixes inthe game its PVEand MOney>all mentality for blizzard thats all they care about pvpers are treated as undervalued customers in 8 years we have had to major things in pvp arena back in TBC and rated bg's in CATA dnt give me the new arena skins and bg's most of them are just rehashed anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Educated guess, i pulled my number from the same dark place that the dev pulled his number.
    We're on like a 4-3 month cycle between content patches. Granted all manpower isn't equal. On what premise does increasing manpower by only 40% correlate into one month patch cycles? IF they were really committed to 1 month content cycle they would need to triple or quadruple workflow based on the length of their current cycle.

Unless Blizz considers 1-2 new battle pets a month to be new "content". They got me there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Would you like me to start posting screenshots and videos?
    I will gladly stay out of your WoW thread when people stop bringing GW2 into it with patently false information.
    People in the GW2 sub forum have already called you out on that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Karvak View Post
    People in the GW2 sub forum have already called you out on that stuff.
    You mean this thread where people claim that bi-weekly updates and the main city don't count? If you meant real debunking then I recommend heading to those forums with it.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ll-alive/page4

To move it back to the topic, could someone post screens of the new event on their server? It'd be nice to see how many people are around to enjoy it, the casual stuff seems like a good change, and how people respond to it is probably important to this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    most of the subs are prolly pvpers since we dnt see any love or fixes inthe game its PVEand MOney>all mentality for blizzard thats all they care about pvpers are treated as undervalued customers in 8 years we have had to major things in pvp arena back in TBC and rated bg's in CATA dnt give me the new arena skins and bg's most of them are just rehashed anyway
    I would not speculate that everyone left was a pvper

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    To move it back to the topic, could someone post screens of the new event on their server? It'd be nice to see how many people are around to enjoy it, the casual stuff seems like a good change, and how people respond to it is probably important to this conversation.
    The new event seems to be as much content as 5.3 barrens