Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I was checking your armory Gynni, but it seemed you did not have all your gear on. So I don't know how to go testing your mastery things! And if the armory is bugging and still showing all the stats you have, you only have 4k haste, what seems really-really scary and low.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegrand View Post
    I was checking your armory Gynni, but it seemed you did not have all your gear on. So I don't know how to go testing your mastery things! And if the armory is bugging and still showing all the stats you have, you only have 4k haste, what seems really-really scary and low.
    Yea, tomorrow I will be testing a really low haste build and see how it fares with a really high Mastery build. I got two crappy upgrades tonight that will be amazing for BrM as both have expertise on them, but using them for ilvl. I almost have full 15% expertise right now LOL.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I used Bad Juju and Talisman of Bloodlust as my two trinkets earlier. I will be doing a TON of tests tomorrow to find that happy spot.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    5.4 gear isn't showing in armory; that's why it appears that some players do not have gear on.

I don't have Talisman of Bloodlust, but used Renataki's. Forgot how much uptime that trinket has; it's fantastic. Had to shed expertise gear though.

Deleted
    Aah that explains it. I was wondering that!
    Last edited by mmocad26a255aa; 2013-09-11 at 07:55 AM.

Thanks for the guide. A few points to consider:
    1. fix Tigereye Brew. It states the 5.0 value. It is now 6% not 2%
    2. reallocate Chi Torpedo te be above Xuen, because t90 talents and xuens abilities have the same font/size/colour one could think that Xuen can Chi Torpedo :-)
    3. remove RoP from abilities that didnt make it live. It has, even if with slightly other numbers its there now :-)
    4. the Abilitiy names that didnt make it to live are written and green and some in black (should all be green probably)

A quick question that bothers me for a long time: do i open with RSK or TP?

Amazing Guide Thanks!

Deleted
    So what you all think, how many ilvls is the t15 4 piece bonus worth (0.5% more teb dmg per stack)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    A quick question that bothers me for a long time: do i open with RSK or TP?
    Tigerpalm, and then RSK.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    Thanks for the guide. A few points to consider:
    1. fix Tigereye Brew. It states the 5.0 value. It is now 6% not 2%
    2. reallocate Chi Torpedo te be above Xuen, because t90 talents and xuens abilities have the same font/size/colour one could think that Xuen can Chi Torpedo :-)
    3. remove RoP from abilities that didnt make it live. It has, even if with slightly other numbers its there now :-)
    4. the Abilitiy names that didnt make it to live are written and green and some in black (should all be green probably)
    Read my earlier response about why RoP is still under "didn't make it out of beta". I'll look at the other adjustments - probably oversights. The guide itself is probably going to receive a general overhaul in the very near future.
    Last edited by Callimonk; 2013-09-11 at 11:29 PM.

Speaking as a monk on the low end of gear and progression. 35 hour week job and school yo.

I felt pretty good in 5.4. Only did flex because reasons, but we doing immersius norm tonight.
    Was top dps in my guild in 5.3, top dps in 5.4. Dunno whether to be happy or sad about that.
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Tonight I ran a Mastery+1 build left over from my RoRo days to see how it fared. It fared really well. I was competitive in my casual 10m raid group on most fights. Immersius and Galakras sucked for me, but I was getting used to the changes there, and Gal I was using RJW for first time and trying to maintain 100% uptime when adds were there. Dumb idea.

Immersius - 5th - 110k dps
    Protectors - 2nd - 258k dps
    Norushen - 1st - 170k dps
    Sha of Pride - 1st - 300k dps
    Galakras - 4th - 181k. (Previous attempt was 280ish k when I wasn't screwing up lol)
    Juggernaught - 5th - 200k

This is all without the new cloak, no time to get it before raid.

Called it a night there since we only raid 3 hours a night, very casual and we spent time going over everything in detail before every pull. All in all, I liked the Mastery +1 but it left me with a ton of haste, I was sitting 9kish with Ascension. I am changing some things around for tomorrow to see how that goes. Going for a full Mastery build in the hopes that I can really increase my uptime of TeB. Right now, I am at 74% Mastery unbuffed. Add in the buff, and it should be prety nice for stack generation. Worth a shot anyway.
    lol our guild spent 2 hours on first boss, but couldn't finish it. I guess 1 hour spent on Lei Shan was cause. Is my guild less competant?

BTW, so Storm, Earth Fire is for AOE right? I didn't know that. But it is annoying and difficult to cast them during aoe time.
    Is it useful for Immersius adds?

So what's mastery cap? I think I am at 9k mastery aka 45%. Crit is at 35%. Haste at 7k.
    I am not sure how to balance out. Does it depend on how often I use brew? preference and playstyle?
    Last edited by Brucemighty; 2013-09-12 at 03:17 PM.

So are you guys runing with the cd reduction trinket or not ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brucemighty View Post
    lol our guild spent 2 hours on first boss, but couldn't finish it. I guess 1 hour spent on Lei Shan was cause. Is my guild less competant?

BTW, so Storm, Earth Fire is for AOE right? I didn't know that. But it is annoying and difficult to cast them during aoe time.
    Is it useful for Immersius adds?

So what's mastery cap? I think I am at 9k mastery aka 45%. Crit is at 35%. Haste at 7k.
    I am not sure how to balance out. Does it depend on how often I use brew? preference and playstyle?
    Not trying to be a dick, but yes, they are less competent. The 1st 3-4 bosses are insanely easy and designed to be done at lower ilvls, this came from the devs themselves because they wanted everyone to experience them early on. The bosses start to get more difficult after the first 4, with IMHO Dark Shaman the most difficult we have faced this far in normals. You have to understand I have always been in top world progression guilds in the past, and going casual is a new experience for me, so I speak from that previous experience.

SEF isn't very AOE specifically. It is good for multiple targets that will be alive for awhile. Protectors are a good example. Put an SEF on each of the bosses you are fighting. It is not useful for Immersius adds at all as they die way too quickly.

Mastery cap? The static mastery cap will be when you reach 100%, and isn't obtainable until possibly full heroic/warforged gear. I found a Mastery+1 build actually performed quite well tbh. All my stats were at 9k and it was a pretty solid build dps-wise. Unfortunately, I wasn't maximizing my TEB usage with agi procs the first night so I am curious to see how that build will do in some of the other fights. I changed to a higher crit, mid haste, low mastery build for last night's raid and it also performed well. I also switched to Chi brew for that as well to maximize TEB for the start of fights.

I do not have the CDR trinket, it went to a rogue. I do have Haromm's though and used it last night once I got it.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Not trying to be a dick, but yes, they are less competent. The 1st 3-4 bosses are insanely easy and designed to be done at lower ilvls, this came from the devs themselves because they wanted everyone to experience them early on. The bosses start to get more difficult after the first 4, with IMHO Dark Shaman the most difficult we have faced this far in normals. You have to understand I have always been in top world progression guilds in the past, and going casual is a new experience for me, so I speak from that previous experience.

SEF isn't very AOE specifically. It is good for multiple targets that will be alive for awhile. Protectors are a good example. Put an SEF on each of the bosses you are fighting. It is not useful for Immersius adds at all as they die way too quickly.

Mastery cap? The static mastery cap will be when you reach 100%, and isn't obtainable until possibly full heroic/warforged gear. I found a Mastery+1 build actually performed quite well tbh. All my stats were at 9k and it was a pretty solid build dps-wise. Unfortunately, I wasn't maximizing my TEB usage with agi procs the first night so I am curious to see how that build will do in some of the other fights. I changed to a higher crit, mid haste, low mastery build for last night's raid and it also performed well. I also switched to Chi brew for that as well to maximize TEB for the start of fights.

I do not have the CDR trinket, it went to a rogue. I do have Haromm's though and used it last night once I got it.
    I see you have been a veteran.

How long SEF lasts? I read description but it seems inconsistent to me. And let's see. Fallen Protectors, Galak, Dark shaman, Spoils of Pandaria, Klaxxi, and probably Garrosh. Am I missing some bosses?

Maybe, mastery isn't right question. So you have haste at 9k as well? So that's how new gears boost up huh? Does that mean ascension is kinda moot? I didn't find chi brew that promising even in new patch. I think it is must talent tree for brewmaster but not sure about Windwalker. I guess with higher haste, that would be better option?

10+ Year Old Account
    You should be able to have plenty of mastery as you gear - I passively have around 65% with raid buffs, and while I did dump some of my haste into it - most of it is just passively from gear. I'm running at 7k haste, a basic 5.1/early 5.3 build. I'm focusing on having it passively on gear, and forging what I don't need into Haste (basically, have mastery on gear, and just forge it into haste - that way, I can meet my preferred haste cap, and still have a decent enough amount of mastery on my gear so that I can have TeB up as often as possible with trinket procs.

Also, I just wanted to state - I find it really amusing that we are all now uncomfortable and find 7k too little... Just at the eve of 5.3, I recall many of us complaining that 7k felt like too much, and too button spammy. That is why I went for 7k, and advise it - I think we are all readjusting. I will go higher myself, probably 8-9k tomorrow on Garrosh, but only because it's an AE fest. The factors I see are the following:

• RJW makes us feel the need for more haste because it is a large energy dump - that's why I do not advise it for single-target, as it does not generate Chi and thus TeB if you have less than 3 targets
    • There are much, much fewer movement fights. We aren't leaving melee as often, and are almost constantly hitting the boss. Immersius is the only one I can think of where we'd actually not have anything to do for more than a few seconds
    • We're all used to bogus levels from RoRO, and are all better skilled than coming into 5.3 - or at least, are used to a much higher regeneration rate. I think this is just the opposite adjustment of what we had with RoRO.

Honestly, I think the only reason we ever considered going low on haste is because blizzard threw a smokebomb at us. I guess they succeeded well at that

Deleted
    hey fellow monk!
    I have a question yesterday we tried SoO normal we were able to kill 2 boses and nearly downed 3rd but I think my performance wasnt good (logs here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/208902/ my character: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Rinji/simple). Any useful tips how to improve my DPS? Especialy on Nuroshen I think my DPS was kinda low (we were beaten by enrage).
    Thanks!

Norushen is all about cleaving, so leaving a spirit on the boss when ever you're not on him is a must. Looking at the parses, you have about a 20% uptime on TeB during the last attempt on norushen, I would recommend trying out Chi Brew and learning the rotation for it. With Norushen being a 7min fight Chi Brew will provide very nice burst towards the adds that have to be burned quickly. Try to go for socket bonuses if they don't bring you over hit cap, for example you have a couple of yellow sockets that you should probably put a agi+crit gem in or Agi+mastery till about 50%. These are just my tips personally, hope they help, i'll provide a link to my armory along with my guilds kill on norushen parse. (still can't post links. The armory is on US servers)

battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Strainz/advanced

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-j3cv5rp58xd8ztsg/sum/damageDone/?s=6254&e=6661

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jirkamcz View Post
    hey fellow monk!
    I have a question yesterday we tried SoO normal we were able to kill 2 boses and nearly downed 3rd but I think my performance wasnt good. Any useful tips how to improve my DPS? Especialy on Nuroshen I think my DPS was kinda low (we were beaten by enrage).
    Thanks!
    Just looking at the only kill you have on the logs you linked; Tiger Power 64% uptime, this should be 99% or higher, remember that its effectively -15% damage every moment it's not up, so not having it up 36% of the time (0.36*15) is a direct ~5% dps loss right there, especially with SEF up only ends up being more of a dps loss as your clones won't have it either.

Potions? Use them!! Remember that you can pot twice per fight, once pre-pull and once when you have BL up and/or trinket procs etc, it's a BIG damage boost, you have roughly 24k agi, the pots give 4k which will mean that not only your abilities hit 'harder' equal to roughly another 5% but you will also have an increased chance to crit too.

I'm a real min-maxer so I would possibly suggesting 'smarter' uses of Touch Of Karma too, when boss is doing large aoe or voidzones, so long as you put it up before you take damage and move again before tok ends, that can be alot of 'free' damage by actually INTENTIONALLY standing in voidzones etc.

Re. Nuroshen. You are a WW monk, therefore should have the highest speed possible of all the classes for time to clear the adds in the 'solo-zone'. Soon as you go in pop a SEF on 2 of the smaller ones, move to a third small one while cleaving down the big add. Be a man and demand you go in first!! >

Hope this helped.

Deleted
    well guys thanks for feedback!
    Regarding SEF - I was using SEF on solo phase (however our RL told me not to cos I killed 3 adds at once and they cant kill them fast). And I'm not sure how to use it on boss because adds die quite quickly (so I have to spawn one SEF clone on boss kill add - it takes max 15 secs then I'll have to unspawn clone and DPS boss and repeat) or I get it wrong?
    Low Tiger palm uptime I!m not sure why I have low time normally I dont have problem with that (have weak aura on that) maybe thats caused that I'm in that solo zone (our warlock make logs so I think its not counted)
    Potions - sure in 90% I have prepot but always forgot on second one - have to make some reminder
    And I dont really have problem with killing that adds in solo instance :-) usually have 20s left :-)
    Regarding that gemming - I read that I should skip socket bonuses where bonus is not 60 and more (eg. 60 secondary stat sux)
    To Chi Brew - well I tried that on dummy but with Chi Brew I have serious trouble with energy regen (I was used on 8,6k haste when I have mastery +1 RoRO build)
    I'll try to use ToK thanks for info

Anyway should I reforge mastery into haste (to cca 8k) and rest to crit? I'm not sure about mastery value now.

Thanks!