Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Did anyone get massive fps drops?

Heyo!

Installed 5.4 fine, and everything was good. But i noticed that i experienced heavy fps drops from time to time, was fine in shrine and org. But on timeless isle i dropped from 100 -> 20 all the time. Could stay at 20fps during celestial fights aswell.

Then i did flexraid with 25 people and on every bossfight or trash groups i dropped to 5 fps, not even exaggerating, 5 fps was the highest i could get up to. And as soon as combat ended, bam 100 fps again.
    Updated all addons and tried again, same shit.

So instead i uninstalled EVERY addon i had, and deleted the WTF, interface and cache folders.
    So it was as clean as it could get. Thought i'd try something "small"

Went to proving grounds, kablaam 10 fps.
    Never had fps issues in this game before :S

Specs -
    16k ram
    intel core i5 3570k
    Nvidia geforce GTX 660
    Running the game on a SSD harddrive aswell.

I've really got no clue how to fix it, any tips?
    Has anyone else experienced the same issues? None in my guild had =/

*edit* Normally i run with high on everything. Changed it to low on everything, same fps problem persisted.

Had a few problems when we got to Norushen on 10man Normal tonight restarted WoW and didn't have any other problems for the rest of the evening.

Not as massive as you, but I normally average about 50 fps and it was down around 20-25 for most of the timeless isle. back up again though for everywhere else including proving grounds.

Deleted
    I have this problem aswell when im not in combat I have around 60-100 FPS when I join a 25M raid it drops to 1-5 FPS.
    Its even unplayble for me in TOT aswell for me cant even move around.

typically for raids i turn all visual settings down to low, then back up to custom when im done. this seems to do the trick.

Deleted
    Was able to kill Lei shen on 10hc using high quality with no issues at all. Now i cant do proving grounds on the lowest graphic available? Doesnt really strike me as a hardware issue.. but what do i know =\

Yes something is terribly wrong with this patch, myself and 2 guildies experience 3-4 fps during boss fights in SoO,and during the rest of the time we experience brief screen freezes in a couple of seconds...

I have the same problem after installing this patch.

I was in ToT, during boss fights my fps is very low, it is at ~10-20fps or lower, but until patch it was always at 60 (or more if vertical sync was disabled). If there is no fight my fps is at 60. Last night before patch it was ~60 during boss fight.

I tried all that Blizzard suggests (WTF, Cache, Interface clear, repair tool, driver update, etc...).

I use this PC for a while and play WoW and i have never had any problem.

I opened a ticket and I hope Blizzard will not handle it as a unique problem.

My PC:
    CPU: Intel i7-3770K
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX 660
    RAM: 8GB
    HDD: SSD (more than 100 GB free space)

Deleted
    I'm having the same issue... 70+fps to -10 fps since patch 5.4. I can't do anything with this game quality and therefor can't even have a taste 5.4...

If anyone is interested in an DXdiag, I couldn't post it, because I'm a new member.

Yestarday i was looking for an update regarding an addon i use (rBBs) from Zork (an addon author), and came across an interesting topic that was pointed out regarding fps drops relates to nameplates. I'll quote the author from his nameplate addon, on a couple of lines wich shorten what's happening atm on live:

"I created this mod after finding out about the FPS bug.

I had friends with 200fps without nameplates that dropped to 40fps with nameplates enabled.
    This mod fixes this issue because it hides all NamePlates before applying a new SetPoint()."

I don't know if this is the cause of your fps dropping, but you can give it a try, google rNamePlates 2. On the addon page there's a discussion regarding the issue that's causing this to happen. Hope this helps you out.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's weird, I actually experienced slightly improved FPS in 25 man N SoO. Granted, I didn't try 10 yet, but naturally it should be at least twice as good.
    Legendary cloak effects might have affected the FPS somewhat though.

And yes, nameplates always affects CPU.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Hey,

had the same issue earlier and found a fix for it.

Run this command in-game and then reload your UI:

/run SetCVar("raidFramesDisplayIncomingHeals",1)

It will fix your original blizzard unitframes (health and manabars) and remove massive fpsdrops temporarily. You gotta do the same again when you relog. I really don't have any idea what does the command actually do and why does it affect fps so much. You can find more discussion about the command here:

eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8113932363?page=1

Enjoy, hopefully this will fix it
    Last edited by mmoc7620ddfce3; 2013-09-12 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks for posting that Fleuri! If anyone else who tries that continues to run into any issues please also check out the general performance troubleshooting, located here. You can also let me know if you continue to have any difficulties, I'll be happy to assist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleuri View Post
    Hey,

had the same issue earlier and found a fix for it.

Run this command in-game and then reload your UI:

/run SetCVar("raidFramesDisplayIncomingHeals",1)

It will fix your original blizzard unitframes (health and manabars) and remove massive fpsdrops temporarily. You gotta do the same again when you relog. I really don't have any idea what does the command actually do and why does it affect fps so much. You can find more discussion about the command here:

eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8113932363?page=1

Enjoy, hopefully this will fix it
    It's related to a research a player and his raid did some time ago regarding FPS in 25 mainly, maybe 10 as well. The culprit was exactly the one in the script, incoming healing.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    I had severe issues on Norushen last night, especially when getting phased. As it turned out, all of these problems were caused by Grid. If you're using this addon and experiencing frame rate drops as well, I strongly recommend you queue for an LFR with Grid disabled and see if these problems still occur.

If you're looking for a replacement, I found Grid2 pretty dandy. Same functionality, better customization.

I had a problem and checked Curse for updates, still had some problems and logged out to click 'Load out of date addons' and then logged back in, no problems.

Also check for updates on your graphic card, if they did an update that you didn't know happened it will cause problems with your game, from FPS to things turning neon yellow or parts of the ground just absoluetely disapearing.

I've had issues since Cataclysm, at least. Recently there's been some hiccups, but not enough to tell it apart from the kind I'd get in an LFR with too many frost mages.

There's always been a strangeness about the coding of this game making it treat cpus and gpus like running Crysis 2 all the time.

Hmmm, very strange. I, too, usually use custom settings when I'm out in the world. My fps does sink a little in SoO. Have you guys tried going to "Task Manager" and setting your process priority to "high" for your client? I received a pretty nice boost from doing that. Like others have said, "out of date" addons can cause issues. Also, if you're not using a SSD, make sure you have defragmented your hard drive recently. It helps if there are assets on your hard drive. Make sure you don't have an anti-virus program running in the background. I use AVG, it has a "game" mode. Also, Blizzard said they were working on a option where we could turn down the spell detail for other players' spells. That would be nice.
    Last edited by Dolus; 2013-09-19 at 11:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I avg 40(low) to 60 FPS, but I HAVE noticed a ton of lag and delays when buying things from merchants, etc. since the 5.4 update. Anyone else having this lag or is it a coincidence with my internet?

Elegon fuckin rapes my FPS though, never thought I'd lag in WoW, I can handle 40 man city raids but 10man elegon puts me at 10 FPS? What? Is this GW2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, ever since 5.4 i've had FPS issues. With or without addons, in raids or otherwise.