Page 30 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just got Heroic Stoneguard down myself right now. Uploading it to youtube atm. Just lost to Choice in dps and who killed it first

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/51u8cykc8toss8xp/ there working logs of the kill lol only took 13 trys not bad
    Until video is up...there is that

Deleted
    Guys one question, how are the Paladins compare to DKs to do solo stuff (not lvl 60 raids) ?

Thanks!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaxto View Post
    Guys one question, how are the Paladins compare to DKs to do solo stuff (not lvl 60 raids) ?

Thanks!
    DKs are usually better - and the difference has increased markedly since 5.4. Most of the commonly farmed mount-dropping bosses (LK, Yogg) are done much more easily as a DK.

However, paladins will almost always win on fights with high Vengeance levels/multiple adds/whatever (Heroic Stone Guard, Yor'sajh 25H, etc.)

Deleted
    The Timeless Isle Celestials should be soloable. Niuzao deals very low damage, no problem whatsoever as long as you don't stand in the way of the charge. Xuen hits like a truck, you don't want to try soloing him without a lot of SoO gear. Same for the Serpent, the incoming damage is just too high and mostly magical. The Crane should be soloable as long as you're fast about sprinting the hell away from the adds.

At the time when I visited the isle, there were no healers around, just a couple of dps who promptly got killed by everything. Results not completely conclusive but the basics wouldn't change in any case.

Hello guys. I want to start soloing Ultraxion and need your advise on paladin mechanic. Am I assuming correctly what for this fight I should go tank gear and use MoP-Protection-Paladin-Guide for information? How much (if any) good will be to use dps gear?

Morry, for soloing you always want to go as prot, unless you're after a serious challenge to really old content (lvl 60 raids for example)

Prot pallys use a new AM system involving haste - so dps gear is basically tank gear now, ditch all dodge and parry. Anything with Stam-str-haste is what you want.
    Go for hit/exp cap, haste,mastery (or crit for dps) and you're fine.

Ultraxions really easy it's kinda like a cd rotation, just need around 90k sustained dps, you'll find yourself doing a lot more dps near the end due to arcs, haven't tried it after 5.4 but pre 5.4 i was getting low veng till around 4 min mark. maybe 100k at 5:30 due to 1sec/ticks. Save Guardian or holy avenger for that moment, heals u a lot + u pump a lot of dmg out.

Thank you very much. One more question: does our shields matter for damage output or just a flat stats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    Thank you very much. One more question: does our shields matter for damage output or just a flat stats?
    Glorified stat stick. It's really more complicated than that because of how vengeance is calculated, but nothing actually relevant.

The trash before Malkorok (the big room with several packs of 6 mobs with 5 million life each) is soloable on 25 man with a bit of work. I got the first of the groups to about 50% before bubble-hearthing because I got bored and I still had cooldowns unused.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-09-13 at 10:46 AM.

I tried giving Galleon a go last week and got absolutely trucked. I tried several different methods with using SS vs EF (this was in 5.3) and still only got to 88% on my best attempts. This was at 542 ilvl with ~17.8k haste (if i'm remembering correctly) and no tier pieces. I watched a few of the videos that were posted here and made sure to get out of stomps. Anything obvious that I may be missing?

I'm gonna try it again tonight when I get back from work. I've gotten a handful of upgrades this week and I'll throw on the prot legendary cloak for an extra CD, but I can't help but feel i'm completely screwing something up. It seems like once you get the fight rolling it's just a matter of not hitting enrage and getting overwhelmed by adds, but I was getting really frustrated last week.

Note - I'm relatively new to soloing things (never had much interest until now) so any general tips are welcome!

Deleted
    Good luck doing galleon in 5.4 tbh, it's going to be much much harder now.

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    Good luck doing galleon in 5.4 tbh, it's going to be much much harder now.
    Any particular reason? The only one I could think of was the BH nerf, but I would think the EF buff would provide enough heals to offset that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    Any particular reason? The only one I could think of was the BH nerf, but I would think the EF buff would provide enough heals to offset that?
    BH did not heal yourself. The major difference is the vengeance nerf from the adds. The question is if the GC changes and EF changes are big enough to let you survive and beat the enrage timer with the nerfed vengeance.

Deleted
    I'm going to say there's no way to beat the enrage with the vengeance nerfs, it was already kinda tight before even with AS spamming but so much of the vengeance comes from having a billion adds. Someone feel free to prove me wrong though.

Deleted
    Is Galleons enrage a oneshot or is possible to survive it for a while?

Deleted
    it's a 900% one and he already hits pretty freaking hard, doubt you'll get far when bubble expires

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    BH did not heal yourself. The major difference is the vengeance nerf from the adds. The question is if the GC changes and EF changes are big enough to let you survive and beat the enrage timer with the nerfed vengeance.

GL even living to enrage anymore..I used to be able to kill it easy no worry about my hp...now i have sub 100k veng no matter how many or how little amount of adds i have I cant live with 5stack EF and seal of insight and using cds at 553 ilvl

Is it still possible to solo Heroic Lich King 25 man?

Deleted
    It's much harder now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarend View Post
    It's much harder now.
    I wiped once because I didn't have enough dps to kill the small adds during 2.5 transition, resulting in an instagib during harvest souls. Hit enrage on the kill, but that can be survived if you didn't waste defensive cooldowns early.