Bllizzard is stupid for not doing this more often

Look how excited everebody is about seeing the last in game cutscene.

In my opinion they should of made the last boss extremly hard, or almost impossible to beat, or maybe requiring you to do something hidden in the game like obtaining the scepter of aq was. so that people would try at him for months before eventually downing him.

And only after few months before the new expansion, he should be opend to the whole public.

Right now not knowing what will happen makes everebody excited and everebody wants to raid and have fun at trying him.

It sure beats the one year of dragon soul when youd just log in to farm the same bosses you did for the last 11 months.

I mean its just ONE boss at the end of an expansion, its not like its a whole raid tier or w/e.

hidden in the game
    impossible with datamining sites.

This MIGHT make sense if Garrosh was a heroic only boss. But even then normal mode raiding guilds wouldn't get to kill the last boss of the expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
    This MIGHT make sense if Garrosh was a heroic only boss. But even then normal mode raiding guilds wouldn't get to kill the last boss of the expac.
    They would. After a few months it should get nerfed.

And to avoid data mining they could hotpatch the cinematic after one guild kills garosh

Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post

And to avoid data mining they could hotpatch the cinematic after one guild kills garosh
    or maybe requiring you to do something hidden in the game like obtaining the scepter of aq
    I refer to this

Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    Actually, you could do one of:

> Data is not passed to clientside until requested by client AND server verifies that request is legit (aka, position in zone, quest status, boss killed status)
    > Data is held locally but encrypted. The key is not passed until (see above)

Presumably the cinema uses the second feature.

Making the last boss extremely hard or being unable to be killed without doing something special or barring off the final boss of an expansion that everyone has been looking forward to would turn many players away due to the fact it would be too much work/too many attempts with wiping and getting no reward.

In my opinion they should of made the last boss extremly hard, or almost impossible to beat, or maybe requiring you to do something hidden in the game like obtaining the scepter of aq was. so that people would try at him for months before eventually downing him.

And only after few months before the new expansion, he should be opend to the whole public.

Right now not knowing what will happen makes everebody excited and everebody wants to raid and have fun at trying him.

It sure beats the one year of dragon soul when youd just log in to farm the same bosses you did for the last 11 months.

I mean its just ONE boss at the end of an expansion, its not like its a whole raid tier or w/e.
    Vanilla wow is over and done. Get over it. Want a hard version of the last boss? Do it on heroic and quit whining about the other modes. Other people having access to him earlier on easier difficulties before you can do him on heroic has ZERO impact on you.

- - - Updated - - -

Or they could have access to him now. It's fine.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Encrypt it like they did this cutscene. Honestly every raid should have a cutscene to end it and serve as an epilogue for why we were there. Would make it feel less like just a random stepping stone to the final boss of the expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post

> Data is not passed to clientside until requested by client AND server verifies that request is legit (aka, position in zone, quest status, boss killed status)

Yeah no. Because of how Blizzard designs and manages the game this isn't really possible. People could just simply oh I don't know...not look at wow fansites known to datamine? Seems simple enough to me really and easier than Blizzard changing how they develop Wow. Why is it the wannabes always want other people to make the game more fun for them and have zero self control?

You just went full retard. You never go full retard.

Infracted: Don't insult other users. Thanks [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-09-11 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of impossible to keep things secret in an online mmo. Even more difficult with fansites, data mining, and youtube

Actually that is pretty accurate.
    The files have been located, but seem to be according to some reading up to be missing some key portions which make them unviewable through normal means.
    The missing information is inserted into the stream during playback through the client, but as to what the source of that is remains unknown.
    Is it stored locally or retrieved just prior to its use from the server, I don't know and am not knowledgeable enough to determine that.

Best I could do was get it playing back, as far as seeking but without sound or video.

I mean, I know encryption has been around for many a moon, but encrypted server-to-client side interactions in a video game must have a few extra steps that make it appropriate only for special occassions such as these for now, no?

Still, it would certainly help streaming communities gain more interest in WoW patches than they already have, and other benefits to the game's "popularity" along that line. Also gets people more interested in the actual game, I would guess (Far outweighing those who only want to see the goods but won't commit). Hopefully they can do it more often, I agree.
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

Ever hear of streaming media? Not impossible, but very reliant on bandwidth.

- - - Updated - - -

This can be tricky since clients can be hacked to send false information. The client can never "know" the information to send to the server in order for it to work (encrypted or otherwise).
    Last edited by Phasma; 2013-09-12 at 01:04 AM.

After watching that cinematic there's no way it's the last ingame cutscene of MoP. It pretty much confirms another patch and a true end-of-expansion cinematic to tie into the next xpac somehow. I have my hunch on how it'll work but I look forward to it.

This might be the dumbest idea I've ever heard in my life.

Gameplay > Lore. Always. Preventing guilds from actually progressing just because some people are excited about a cutscene is completely idiotic. Far more people would quit because they can't progress in raids than would quit because they saw the last cutscene.

Cutscene can be implemented in a patch and not be datamined as long as the decryption key is sent only after said conditions are met.