Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

SOO normal feels like another LFR

I can't help myself. We had our first evening in SOO, 4 hours raiding - and killed 9/13, only 1 wipe over the complete evening (on dark shamans) - and no, we're not hardcore. We didn't have PTR raids, we played really bad, made soooooooooo many mistakes - but ilvl 545 simply made you skip all mechanics.

In TOT, we needed 4 days to complete normal mode. In SOO, i get the feeling it won't be more than 2 days. That's ridicilous. All bosses sounded a lot more fun in videos and guides, so punishing - but in the end, it's way too easy. And i don't understand it, our twinkraid will go for 14/14 on friday and i feel they're gonna do it without problems.

Normal mode feels like what flex raiders should expect. Right now, there would have to be a huge gap. But i feel like normal mode farming will be very very boring because of ridicilous low tuning.

Your thoughts?

Good luck on Garrosh?

Go watch Exorsus wiping on it

Also 10 man seems even more easily tuned than 25 man from my friends that I talked too.
    Last edited by MattCauthron; 2013-09-11 at 10:48 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, pretty much same experience, bosses rolled over in one-shots while 2 healing and carrying a few people. Even doing silly mistakes did not matter. Normals was stupidly easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    I can't help myself. We had our first evening in SOO, 4 hours raiding - and killed 9/13, only 1 wipe over the complete evening (on dark shamans) - and no, we're not hardcore. We didn't have PTR raids, we played really bad, made soooooooooo many mistakes - but ilvl 545 simply made you skip all mechanics.

In TOT, we needed 4 days to complete normal mode. In SOO, i get the feeling it won't be more than 2 days. That's ridicilous. All bosses sounded a lot more fun in videos and guides, so punishing - but in the end, it's way too easy. And i don't understand it, our twinkraid will go for 14/14 on friday and i feel they're gonna do it without problems.

Normal mode feels like what flex raiders should expect. Right now, there would have to be a huge gap. But i feel like normal mode farming will be very very boring because of ridicilous low tuning.

Your thoughts?
    I agree, it seemed way to easy.
    We raided 2 hours due to some RL issues and cleared 5/13 with 3 wipes and one was because the tank dc's.

Then normal obviously isn't tuned for you. Come back when you've done 13/13 SoO then please inform us how easy it is.

This & always will be the answer to these threads. If its to easy, its not for you. If heroic is to easy, your too good for this game.

Thats it, bottom line. End of story.

Right now, there would have to be a huge gap. But i feel like normal mode farming will be very very boring because of ridicilous low tuning.

Your thoughts?
    Why would you farm normal mode? Move onto heroics, content that is designed for you and stop complaining that content that you already outgear made it forgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    HC raiders stomping normal SoO.

More news @11
    Indeed. 545 ilvl... It was aimed (or rather supposed to be aimed) for those in 522 gear, which is massively inferior to 545 (as item budget form ilvl to ilvl grows exponentially). Imagine doing this raid with at least 5 people having res sickness debuff - that would be close example of difference in gear.

Yet no one has killed Garrosh? This just proves the hypocrisy of its too easy people.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

lol at the counterarguments "but there is one boss thats hard". because if 90% of something is easy, but 10% is hard then the whole 100% is dificult amarite?!
    Why couldnt all the bosses be like garosh? why are people so desperate to have it on farm?

This instance is gonna be out for 1 year probably. If you have it on farm on the second week youre going to have an overall boring time

Good. Normal SHOULD be fairly easy, that's why there's HEROIC.

Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    lol at the counterarguments "but there is one boss thats hard". because if 90% of something is easy, but 10% is hard then the whole 100% is dificult amarite?!
    Why couldnt all the bosses be like garosh? why are people so desperate to have it on farm?

This instance is gonna be out for 1 year probably. If you have it on farm on the second week youre going to have an overall boring time
    Because its normal not HM.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

uhm now unequip your 550 itlv gear from 13/13 HC and go in there with 520 itlv and then come tell us the same - oh nad play on 75 % of your gaming abilities - then maybe ull be in position to call normal as easy as lfr.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ the mister pros below, SoO has 14 bosses.....

Your thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I agree, it seemed way to easy.
    We raided 2 hours due to some RL issues and cleared 5/13 with 3 wipes and one was because the tank dc's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Then normal obviously isn't tuned for you. Come back when you've done 13/13 SoO then please inform us how easy it is.

This & always will be the answer to these threads. If its to easy, its not for you. If heroic is to easy, your too good for this game.

Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Normal modes are not tuned around having full BiS from the previous tier. Of course you're going to have an easy time with 545.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post

To be fair this was hardly a counter argument. I was mostly pointing out that if he thought they were going to 12/14 with their twink raid... he would probably be in for a dissapointment.

I just wrote a rather lengthy post on our guild forums about how Garrosh being a gate seems like bad game design. If he is as difficult as it would first appear, I'm sure nerfs will soon occur. Noone wants to spend one night facerolling the first 12 bosses (Paragons is relatively difficult too) and then smashing their face on a seemingly impossible one.

Wow thats pretty good. Ya the bosses in there are really easy as it seems.

They said the difficultly ramps up pretty fast. So expect the late bosses to be somewhat of a challenge. and of course there is heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Then normal obviously isn't tuned for you.

I have nothing else to say to you, congrats on graduating to Heroic league. Prepare yourself.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by MattCauthron View Post
    To be fair this was hardly a counter argument. I was mostly pointing out that if he thought they were going to 12/14 with their twink raid... he would probably be in for a dissapointment.

I just wrote a rather lengthy post on our guild forums about how Garrosh being a gate seems like bad game design. If he is as difficult as it would first appear, I'm sure nerfs will soon occur. Noone wants to spend one night facerolling the first 12 bosses (Paragons is relatively difficult too) and then smashing their face on a seemingly impossible one.
    Lich King anyone?

Deleted
    We had a 3 hour raid today, and we've managed to kill 3 bosses. They felt PERFECTLY tuned, I mean 1 one was easy as fuck, 2 one required something from the raid, 3 one was even harded for us, so yeah, better than wiping 6 hours straight on Horridon.
    Also, bosses are a lot of fun ^^