Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    5.4 doesn't 'suck'.. it just doesn't have enough in it that will keep people intrested in it for several months to half a year before the next expansion.
    Yep, I think there were a lot of necessary changes and fillers (Flex/PG/JP for 496 gears), Timeless Isle is pretty cool but yea it's not gonna hold people's interest for that long I think. Hopefully they add a "wow" factor in 5.5 or this is gonna be super boring besides the raid which is quite cool.

I'll probably resub when all of LFR is unlocked as right now there just isn't anything to do, need no island gear, don't care about proving grounds, so far back on cloak it doesn't matter

I'll just watch streams for free, same experience

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    We basically got 3 things this patch: a new raid, the timeless isle, and proving grounds.

Proving grounds are a joke mini-game that won't take up more than an hour of your time, so I'm not even sure why I'm including this.

The timeless isle is a huge clusterfuck with hundreds of players running around farming coins. There's hardly anything interesting there, and in a day I feel as though I've explored the majority of the island. Not to mention the fact that I never see a living creature, so if you plan on getting coins you either have to join a farming group or run around looking for chests. What they should have done was make every creature there have a sharable tag, similar to what they did for rare mobs. The celestials/ordos are a joke, both having taken up maybe 2 hours of my time.

And finally we got a new raid. I haven't participated in it yet but I'm assuming it's good. Most of the raids they make are, but a content patch should include more than just a raid. As it stands right now I have no incentive to log on except to run around the island for 30 minutes and at night to catch a raid group.
    Are you joking? This is pretty much every major content patch since the game launched. Have you done endless mode of Proving Grounds? Considering it is well...endless and progressively harder, I don't quite understand how you finished it in an hour. Ever think maybe the problem is YOU? Not having fun with 5.4? Unsub and move on and let the rest of us continue having a blast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Wanna show screenshots of your endless achievements?
    I think it is pretty obvious at this point that most of the people bitching about 5.4 haven't even logged into the game since it went live and they are just parrotting the same tired old crap they have seen other people post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jarexx View Post
    are you kidding me? world pvp in timeless isle is godlike. you can even attack your own faction. havent had this much fun since isle of quel'danas
    And this type of world pvp has been requested by players forever not that the haters would ever acknowledge that Blizzard listens to feedback (unless it suits their agenda of course).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    So glad i do not play on a PvP server.
    PVE realms aren't pvp free realms just so you know. Not sure what that has to do with anything though as pvp on Timeless Isle is voluntary.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL did them on ptr. Took literally 20 minutes to beat all of the rounds. not setting foot in there on live.
    Bullshit. I don't believe this for a second.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Unsubscribe.
    These people can't unsubscribe because they can't let go of their "glory days" and think if they keep paying long enough Blizzard will start listening only to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsjel View Post
    I wonder how long before we see threads pop up blaming blizz for being lazy because they didn't provide a new gaint daily hub. With everyone talking about how much fun they had at the start of MoP with all the dailies and now there's just nothing to do.
    I for one am glad there is no new daily hub. The isle, though lacking for someone as geared as me, is a huge upgrade over daily quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    5.4 is the best thing to have happened to wow since the release of MOP. Thank you blizzard for being cool. As for you OP I am sorry you feel the way you do and as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I obviously respectfully disagree with you. I see no reason why it was necessary to create a thread about your feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Siege of Ogrimmar is a pretty good raid, may be a bit on the easy side in normal, but full of fun stuff and cool lore. Give it a crack, if you're doing *just* timeless isle, then yah, I can see someone getting bored fast.
    People need to understand that Blizzard made progression in Siege significantly smoother than it has been in previous tiers but that in no way means the rest of the raid is easy. Blizzard isn't even really expecting most guilds to complete normal mode for weeks if not months.

- - - Updated - - -

I resubbed a week ago specifically for this patch, but don't worry because I'm canceling again.
    So what is the point of this thread? You don't enjoy 5.4. Awesome. So what? Bye now. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    Proving grounds can be very useful to players who want to try tanking or healing with a character but have no experience. For players who know their role well it has no function beyond trying to get a big score in endless for bragging rights.

Agree that Timeless Isle is a joke. It's tiny and cramped and unimaginative. Bliz was blowing hot air about exploring and adventure and all that.

Basically it's just a tool for gearing up inactive alts. I had a Paladin who was 89 yesterday. Now he has a complete full set of 496 gear with 2 rings and 1 trink. All he needs is a neck piece, new weapon and shield and I jump into Raids if I want.

Comparing Timeless Isle to Thunder Isle makes me think Bliz is running on empty these days.
    I love how you people bitched and whined about dailies endlessly and when Blizzard comes up with a way to do new content without making more dailies you people continue to bitch and whine and moan. Just give it a rest already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    Yeah, he hasn't cleared the Proving Grounds. I'm not entirely sure they can even be pushed through in 20 min, waves take too long.

So, you ignore the best World PvP environment in the history of the game, complain about an achievement you don't have, and talk about a raid you haven't played.

I think we have the winner for today gentlement.
    The fact that Proving Grounds has an endless mode and the OP is claiming to have finished it is all the proof the mods should need to close this thread and infract the OP. Unfortunately they will probably just pop in here and post nonsense and infract anyone daring to call the OP out on what he is doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    its ok, in a few months we'll get some more dailies! dailies keep people playing right?
    No new dailies have been added since 5.2. Give it a god damn rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    Timeless isle is a lag fest. Can't even find anything to kill for coins. What the hell was blizzard thinking. Do they really think this is fun being pinned into this little area with 30k other people. What a joke.
    This is what happens with every new area that is opened up to players. Blizzard just flat out isn't going to design content around zone populations that will only exist for a matter of weeks if not only days. Also there is the fact cross realm zone tech can be used to split up overcrowded zones. Blizzard is doing everything they can but they can't control who logs in and how many.

- - - Updated - - -

not sure what a 'gentlemen' is but I don't see myself complaining about achievements or raids. In fact I don't think I mentioned either one except to say the raid is probably good. maybe you should get reading glasses, I hear 20/20 eyeglass superstore is having a sale.
    I think I can safely say we are all reading your posts just fine. Claiming otherwise is incredibly arrogant.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of stuff to do, but I do personally think the novelty of the Timeless Isle will be short lived. I lowered my expectations of it based on my PTR experience, so wasn't really disappointed. Still some nice things added, new ways to gear, lots of vanity and so on.

Extremely glade they nerfed the Celestials to about 80 Mil. On my Alliance server by the afternoon people weren't really bothered about killing it. Horde server is a little busier so I think they were still being killed. Anyways, I'm still working on my legendary chain. Still Valor to cap and Secrets/Runestones to be gained.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

good god bro what's your problem? can't take someone complaining about your perfect game? I haven't set foot in the raid like I said in the OP. I couldn't possibly care less who the new warchief is. I don't pvp. I don't do battle pets. I don't need to get all of the vanity gear because it's just coins and I explained why I don't like getting coins.
    I think people are fed up with the nonsensical bullshit you people are spamming the forums with lately and I don't believe for a second any of you have even logged in since 5.4 given how completely ignorant most of you are in what the actual content of 5.4 is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IloveGerardWay View Post
    What were you expecting? Has there ever been a major patch with more than a raid and a little extra dailies or w/e added on the side?
    You realize there hasn't been a daily hub since 5.2 right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    They can't. WoW is subscription based so they have to artificially extend the grinds. It's the same reason they don't release LFR the first day. People would see the content and be 'done.' They need your monies each month.
    This is how mmos have always worked. Blizzard is never going to eliminate grinds they will simply change what and how we are grinding. It's fine.

- - - Updated - - -

idk. I thought the timeless isle would be better.
    If you were serious about a discussion you would have said this in your OP and then proceeded to explain how it could be better but no you just want to bitch and whine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Shouldn't proving grounds basically be infinitely difficult? Can't argue with infinite content
    I really would like to know how the OP "finished" endless mode. It is rather sad he doesn't realize how stupid that sounds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    i disagree. I'm having too much fun atm.
    And this right here gets to the heart of the issue. There is a crowd on these forums who delight in the idea of Wow dying so now they are freaking out due to all the positive feedback Blizzard is getting on 5.4 and scrambling to build up a list of supposed reasons why the patch is bad. The fact they have to reach so far to find something to complain about says a lot about the content itself.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried out 5.4 and progressed to endless mode within 20-30min of playing it. the Timeless Isle wasn't open yet so I made a rogue and do what I always do in PTR and killed players who lose duels/vanish. Then I uninstalled.

as I've said 3 times now I haven't played SoO but I'm assuming it's good.

I've been on the isle for probably 3-4 hours and have done everything. I haven't killed all of the elites or w/e but I've killed enough to know what the experience is like. getting mounts is nothing but farming coins, which I explained why I don't like doing.

this patch offers next to nothing and you're blind if you can't see that.
    Proving Grounds has seen significant changes between when it was implemented on the PTR and when 5.4 went live. I don't give a fuck what you did on the PTR. What boggles my mind is that you did all this on the PTR and then resubscribed to do all that content again. Did it seriously take you that long to figure out you didn't like what was in the patch? Or are you just trying to be a martyr and failing miserably at it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsjel View Post
    I wonder how long before we see threads pop up blaming blizz for being lazy because they didn't provide a new gaint daily hub. With everyone talking about how much fun they had at the start of MoP with all the dailies and now there's just nothing to do.
    It has already started. I have seen a few QQ posts on lack of dailies and whats worse is most of the people doing it are the exact same people who complained about dailies in the first place. It is funny how people keep saying it isn't the same people who complain about everything yet it actually really is the same people most of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    I take it you dislike every patch ever made as well?
    I think it is pretty clear people like the OP don't seem to like anything other than whining.

- - - Updated - - -

i'm done responding to this thread because I think I've repeated myself 4 times now and will most likely continue to repeat myself.

- - - Updated - - -

just 5.3... now im done
    Still waiting for an explanation on how you "finished" endless mode proving grounds.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Siege of Ogrimmar is a pretty good raid, may be a bit on the easy side in normal, but full of fun stuff and cool lore. Give it a crack, if you're doing *just* timeless isle, then yah, I can see someone getting bored fast.
    Easy on normal, is that why NO ONE has killed Garrosh yet?

I loathe pvp with a passion bordering on fanaticism, but I killed some muppet alliance today on the isle and kinda liked it
    SoO is great love the feel of the place, we wiped once on trash due to well idiocy and the run back is a bitch so do kinda hope they fix that at some point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarexx View Post
    are you kidding me? world pvp in timeless isle is godlike. you can even attack your own faction. havent had this much fun since isle of quel'danas
    world pvp roflmao - try that on a pve realm and you bore yourself to death...

Proving grounds can be very useful to players who want to try tanking or healing with a character but have no experience.
    BS Player dont learn there anything - as an example look at bronze dps - you dont even get attacked once you could just as easily train at the dummies...

Comparing Timeless Isle to Thunder Isle makes me think Bliz is running on empty these days.
    They do and i hope after the number for q3 heads will finally roll....

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    its ok, in a few months we'll get some more dailies! dailies keep people playing right?
    dream on - next patch u see is 6.0 in exactly 12 month... have fun dying of bordem in faildaria

Quote Originally Posted by Rexighar View Post
    5.4 is the best thing to have happened to wow since the release of MOP.
    No its the counterpart the last nail in the coffin of faildaria...

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Why there was no new 5 mans or even some scenarios is beyond me.
    Blizzard has explained this time and again and again and again. This was only an issue because they didn't have enough resources to do both raids and 5 mans but that is no longer an issue due to the fact they have been hiring new artists and developers not to mention the ones that were shifted over from Titan. Blizzard develops these patches so far in advance there is usually very little they can do to address certain player issues before they go live. A good example of this is why we got dailies in 5.2 because by the time Blizzard had made a shift in design philosophy on the matter the patch was nearly done. Sure they could have scrapped the dailies but then the patch would literally have been just the raid and nothing else and I'm not sure how that would have been any better.

You obviously weren't here for 5.3..

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Ya so far I kind of have to agree,
    1: Proving Grounds are ok but aren't really a "big" thing.
    2: Isle of Lag
    3: Siege of Orgrimmar, considering the fact that I won't be able to kill Garrosh until late October Blizzard must assume that the Lag and mini games are enough to suck an extra $15 dollars out of all the people waiting for LFR to drop.
    1. Proving Grounds are huge because this is something that can finally address the tank/healer shortage. I think we may see an upsurge in tanks and healers since players can now get comfortable with these new roles without inflicting their lack of skills on other players first. The gearing on Timeless Isle goes hand in hand with this since it aids in gearing up off specs.

2. The lag isn't permanent any more than any other day 1 performance issues. Give it a few days and it will go back to normal.

3. Flex raiding says hi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    The thing is that for well geared players, Timeless isle sucks. The trinkets are not better then anything out of normal mode SoO raiding, and unless you want pets, there's obviously nothing the island offers aside from killing Ordos.
    You do realize there is more to do on Timeless Isle than farm gear right? Also I like how you sidestepped the fact you can use your geared main to farm gear for alts.

I spent about 12 hours there and feel I've seen/done a majority of what it has to offer. Killed the rares and world bosses, did all the intro quests, hunted for some chests, found some of the hidden easter eggs, and decked out some of my alts (seriously the boa epic gear token drop rate is insane).

I'm not bothering with the ridiculous coin grind or emperor rep grind. Honestly, I don't think I'll be spending much time there.

Except for the real die-hard grinders, I don't see the zone having much staying power for a majority of players besides doing the world bosses once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    Tear tear tear.....can't ever make a majority of this Wow community happy, suck it up or quit before they make another patch you feel so strongly sucks
    i love the raid i found it awsome dispite my guild 1 shot the 1st 2 having some problems on 3rd havent tryed proving grounds yet, but the timeless isle is just boring all it is , is a jiant mob dring for coins and a tiny anount of rep a mob. thats my take on the patch
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-09-12 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    timeless isle will be nicer when shit stops lagging, the patch also added 496 and 530 gear tokens or w/e which is nice for catching up alts and whatnot, but i agree without the first wing of lfr the patch is kinda lacking, although i spose flex will have to do until then. normal raiding is good as well but most people are so picky atm they wont take anyone that isnt 12/12 heroic tot clear'd for normal.
    I don't get why people are STILL complaining about this. Blizzard has never opened LFR on the first week of a new tier. Why do you people keep crying about this? Why is this still surprising to you? And again flex raiding says hi.

Deleted
    Dont like the game? Leave!

Noone is interested in your whining.

Peronally i find wow for the first time in a long time.

The actual content in itself isn't bad, I actually enjoyed running around the timeless isle today and gearing up. I did proving grounds on my ilvl 485 hunter and got to wave 6 Gold, which I was happy with, I just need more gear. My only concern with the patch is the longevity of it. Sure SoO can last a few months since it has so many bosses but proving grounds can lose their appeal after 1-2 months and possibly even the Timeless Isle. I can only hope that we get a 5.5 in about 2 months and that the expansion comes in ~5-6 months.