Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    So is it another "argument" against people who say "game sucks outside raids"? You know Proving Ground is useless activity, only useful for guilds trying to estimate their recruits, and maybe new pug requirements. As activity itself, it is hollow.

I will help to answer with OP. If developers can't really "invent something new", how about some 5-men dungeons? If they don't want to break their very formulaic WoW's structure (questing-->5-men----->raids), then let them stick to it and provide "time-tested" content instead of something "new" and barely working/fun.
    Are you fucking kidding me right now? This whole time if anyone dared suggest to those who want a challenge to do heroic mode raids they were told people want other types of challenging content. Blizzard releases Proving Grounds with an endless mode and STILL it isn't enough for you people. I said it before and I will say it again all of you are completely full of shit. You want challenging content yet all of you endlessly crap on everything Blizzard releases to appease those who want that kind of play style. What is it you consider challenging then? You don't want challenging group content and now solo group content is out as well. What is left? This is a serious question. What the fuck do you want then? This just reinforces what I have been saying all along that most of the people on these forums complain for the sake of complaining and not because they have any actual legitimate issues and you just proved me right. Thanks for that.

As far as 5 man dungeons, really? I remember when people bitched and whined that 5 mans are boring and they didn't want new ones and wanted other content. Blizzard listened and now all of you are whining for the opposite yet again. This just further reinforces what I said above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarexx View Post
    are you kidding me? world pvp in timeless isle is godlike. you can even attack your own faction. havent had this much fun since isle of quel'danas
    I'm so glad I haven't been attacked ONCE on any PvP servers. All my low ilv alts are going there to farm the chests and any good (480 ilv+) player would absolutely wreck me in 5 seconds flat. It seems like both factions understand we just want to see the isle and not do more spirit runs than we have to from all the crazy elites.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
    Yep, I think there were a lot of necessary changes and fillers (Flex/PG/JP for 496 gears), Timeless Isle is pretty cool but yea it's not gonna hold people's interest for that long I think. Hopefully they add a "wow" factor in 5.5 or this is gonna be super boring besides the raid which is quite cool.
    I don't get why people seem to think every patch and expansion is going to reinvent wow. Of course it is more of the same, it is the same game for gods sake. Want a new game? Go buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    The timeless isle is a huge clusterfuck with hundreds of players running around farming coins.
    This game is what, 8 years old and you STILL haven't realised that if you log in and try to do everything on patch day, there will be shitloads of people doing the same thing? Part of the game.

Even with heaps of people online I still managed to get a lot of things done.

There's hardly anything interesting there,
    If you think that about Timeless Isle then IMO you are basically unpleasable.

I'd say TI so far looks about as cool as IoT or maybe even better.

What they should have done was make every creature there have a sharable tag, similar to what they did for rare mobs.
    Now this I do agree with. Blizzard really drags its heels on this, IMO they should ditch the entire tagging system and embrace omni-tag or faction tag for every mob in the game. Especially before the next expansion launches!

They say they want to make seeing another player always a positive experience but they are still overly wary of fundamental changes like that which would get them a lot closer to that goal. Hopefully they'll change their minds.

The celestials/ordos are a joke, both having taken up maybe 2 hours of my time.
    It's day 1, you will easily get a full group of geared ass committed raiders. Come back in a month and tell me how easy Ordos is. I'm thinking: not as bad as Oon but if you get a group full of people who don't know what they're doing it could be a clusterfuck. Also, I wonder if finding enough people with the cloak will continue to be a problem.

The celestials are supposed to be an all-in community zerg not difficult. Though Yulon is a bitch haha. Dropped three green circles right in the gap in the jade wave just as we were all crossing it!

And finally we got a new raid. I haven't participated in it yet but I'm assuming it's good. Most of the raids they make are, but a content patch should include more than just a raid. As it stands right now I have no incentive to log on except to run around the island for 30 minutes and at night to catch a raid group.
    It includes Flexi, which I played yesterday and it was fantastic. Pugging is back, that's HUGE.

Plus heaps of pet battle stuff, which no doubt you'll sneer at but it's awesome so there
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    I for one am glad there is no new daily hub. The isle, though lacking for someone as geared as me, is a huge upgrade over daily quests.
    I really wonder if Blizzard hadn't allowed for mailing Timeless Isle gear to alts if you people would be whining that it makes it harder to gear up alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Lots of stuff to do, but I do personally think the novelty of the Timeless Isle will be short lived. I lowered my expectations of it based on my PTR experience, so wasn't really disappointed. Still some nice things added, new ways to gear, lots of vanity and so on.

Extremely glade they nerfed the Celestials to about 80 Mil. On my Alliance server by the afternoon people weren't really bothered about killing it. Horde server is a little busier so I think they were still being killed. Anyways, I'm still working on my legendary chain. Still Valor to cap and Secrets/Runestones to be gained.
    I like how people think it is earth shattering news that new content doesn't stay new forever. What exactly is it you expect Blizzard to do about that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    5.4 doesn't 'suck'.. it just doesn't have enough in it that will keep people intrested in it for several months to half a year before the next expansion.
    I'm a bit disappointed with the patch. The first thing I do typically is go and explore new areas, the sha-covered vale looks cool, but there's nothing to do there, its essentially the same as before.

Timeless isle will be entertaining for some time with the WPvP there, but other than that, it feels really half-arsed. They've just slapped some mobs on a random island to keep us busy for a little while.

Isle of Thunder was just infinitely better, with storyline, rares, factions, a really unique art style, zone gating etc I think I will look back on Isle of Thunder as the best thing from this xpac.

There is really no new story other than 'go kill Garrosh' and even though we'll know the new warchief and all that soon enough, there will be no further interaction with the story for a long time yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    You obviously weren't here for 5.3..
    And much of 5.3 was a direct response to the whiners who QQed endlessly about dailies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    I spent about 12 hours there and feel I've seen/done a majority of what it has to offer. Killed the rares and world bosses, did all the intro quests, hunted for some chests, found some of the hidden easter eggs, and decked out some of my alts (seriously the boa epic gear token drop rate is insane).

I'm not bothering with the ridiculous coin grind or emperor rep grind. Honestly, I don't think I'll be spending much time there.

Except for the real die-hard grinders, I don't see the zone having much staying power for a majority of players besides doing the world bosses once a week.
    Do you really expect most normal players to play for 12 hours nonstop? And even if they do, do you seriously think they will just do Timeless Isle and nothing else? This is a player created problem and not a design issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i love the raid i found it awsome dispite my guild 1 shot the 1st 2 having some problems on 3rd havent tryed proving grounds yet, but the timeless isle is just boring all it is , is a jiant mob dring for coins and a tiny anount of rep a mob. thats my take on the patch
    Would you have preferred dailies? Sorry I'm just having a hard time believing that any of you who dislike Timeless isle would have liked anything else Blizzard could have done for 5.4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    The actual content in itself isn't bad, I actually enjoyed running around the timeless isle today and gearing up. I did proving grounds on my ilvl 485 hunter and got to wave 6 Gold, which I was happy with, I just need more gear. My only concern with the patch is the longevity of it. Sure SoO can last a few months since it has so many bosses but proving grounds can lose their appeal after 1-2 months and possibly even the Timeless Isle. I can only hope that we get a 5.5 in about 2 months and that the expansion comes in ~5-6 months.
    This is every major content patch since the game launched except now with far more content. I don't get these complaints. Content is only new for so long and that is an issue with time and not the actual content itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL did them on ptr. Took literally 20 minutes to beat all of the rounds. not setting foot in there on live.
    Bullshit. Waaay too convenient. If it "doesnt take but 20 minutes of your time" then shut everyone up who thinks you're full of dog shit and post some ss. Or keep making excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed with the patch. The first thing I do typically is go and explore new areas, the sha-covered vale looks cool, but there's nothing to do there, its essentially the same as before.

Timeless isle will be entertaining for some time with the WPvP there, but other than that, it feels really half-arsed. They've just slapped some mobs on a random island to keep us busy for a little while.

Isle of Thunder was just infinitely better, with storyline, rares, factions, a really unique art style, zone gating etc I think I will look back on Isle of Thunder as the best thing from this xpac.

There is really no new story other than 'go kill Garrosh' and even though we'll know the new warchief and all that soon enough, there will be no further interaction with the story for a long time yet.
    And yet when 5.2 launched people said Isle of Thunder was the worst content in Wow yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarexx View Post
    are you kidding me? world pvp in timeless isle is godlike. you can even attack your own faction. havent had this much fun since isle of quel'danas
    I almost wish they hadn't given the pet and mount rewards for PVP. I'm usually such a nice person but now I'm planning ambushes on poor unsuspecting rep farm groups :S

Deleted
    It's funny to see so manu funboys in a single thread.
    This xpac iWas bad designer since the beginning.
    5.0 was OK xcept for the thousand dailies, bit with 3 raids band hcs it worked somehow. 5.1 was nothing more than 1 rep, 5.2 was made of the bad copy of quel danas a good raid bit tuned As shit and scenarios, worst idea ever, no tacts, no role, just play double dragon with tour toon and DD was way better lol. 5.3 cannot even been considered a patch, 2 scenarios 5 questo and a weekly lol. 5.4 is made of useless grounds useful only for noobs, a grinding zone which will serve only to soak some time without giving a shit and a good raid.
    Where are my new heroics? Where is my ''even a bit interesting catch up method''? Go on defend tour game funboys you just make me laugh.

15+ Year Old Account
    5.4 is the best patch of this expansion and, in just 48 hours, is one of my favorite patches of all time. I've been playing since Vanilla. Take that as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    Actually a lot of the old quest mobs are now rares and drop sacks full of mats, so there's something to do there if you're so inclined :P

And of course, Alani still if you don't have it yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eike View Post
    5.0 was OK xcept for the thousand dailies, bit with 3 raids band hcs it worked somehow. 5.1 was nothing more than 1 rep, 5.2 was made of the bad copy of quel danas a good raid bit tuned As shit and scenarios, worst idea ever, no tacts, no role, just play double dragon with tour toon and DD was way better lol. 5.3 cannot even been considered a patch, 2 scenarios 5 questo and a weekly lol. 5.4 is made of useless grounds useful only for noobs, a grinding zone which will serve only to soak some time without giving a shit and a good raid.
    Where are my new heroics? Where is my ''even a bit interesting catch up method''? Go on defend tour game funboys you just make me laugh.
    You can barely string together a coherent sentence. What are you even talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Eike View Post
    Some people are so narrowminded. Sitting in Org spam queueing for Heroics all expansion is exactly what Blizzard wants to discourage. There's heaps of cool things in MoP outside just heroic after heroic, open your mind.

Deleted
    In fairness I was a tad disappointed myself with timeless isle. In about 90 minutes I've got myself a full set for my rogue, and a good few bits for my hunter. And this is me coming back to the game two weeks ago.
    I'm guessing going at his rate ill have everyone geared up in two weeks
    Sure then I can start raiding but... Is this stuff going to keep me up for 6-8 months if not more?

I really regret renewing my wow for six months. I've been playing for like six years on and off and I'm just sick of the grind. The game is 99% grind, 1% new content and I have no interest in most of the grind. Then I try to play other rpgs and they seem awful compared to wow.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    The fact that Proving Grounds has an endless mode and the OP is claiming to have finished it is all the proof the mods should need to close this thread and infract the OP. Unfortunately they will probably just pop in here and post nonsense and infract anyone daring to call the OP out on what he is doing.
    If something is endless then it's "finished" whenever you feel so.

No need to be butthurt because someone doesn't like the game you like.
    "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills." - Mugatu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Some people are so narrowminded. Sitting in Org spam queueing for Heroics all expansion is exactly what Blizzard wants to discourage. There's heaps of cool things in MoP outside just heroic after heroic, open your mind.
    Yeah, they just moved that to the HC scenarios, less challenging less rewarding and less funny, my mind is open, not like funboys trying to defend a sinking ship.

@crisisvacant: if some mistakes from my tablet's autocorrect make my post a puzzle for you it's just because your qi is lower than a rat, don't blame me.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    1. Proving Grounds are huge because this is something that can finally address the tank/healer shortage. I think we may see an upsurge in tanks and healers since players can now get comfortable with these new roles without inflicting their lack of skills on other players first. The gearing on Timeless Isle goes hand in hand with this since it aids in gearing up off specs.
    People don't want to play tanks and healers, not because they are "afraid" to show their lack of "skills" in facerollable 5-men or LFR. Not to say, that this feature is mostly applauded by vocal minority. For most players, this feature is hollow. Some stupid arena with NPCs, you kill for some time without any real goal, connection to game, well, nothing. If anything, it will be a hindrance and unwanted element - as it will creep in as requirement for pugs and guild recruitment. Just something you have to do but what has little (if any at all) original and enjoyable gameplay.

Seriously, let's say there would be some tutorial in some game, which would include 1 room/1 small territory, and some repeating "challenge" to "teach" you. And it would be completely isolated from the rest of the game. Realistically, how much time would you spend there? Do people enjoy tutorials and play them to no end in other games, or just do them once if touch at all?
    2. The lag isn't permanent any more than any other day 1 performance issues. Give it a few days and it will go back to normal.
    Sounds reasonable. However - wait few days/till next patch/till next expansion when such and such problem goes away - tiresome argument. Yet while 5.4 was on PTR - there were many interesting suggestions, e.g, - put Isle bosses into instances, etc. While it wouldn't necessarily remove all lag problems at all, it would definitely help. If they would truly want to have those "world" bosses in "the world", why did they put all quest NPCs and vendors right near boss' arena in the middle of already tiny isle? Such design just asks for all kind of lags.
    3. Flex raiding says hi.
    Poster, to whom you replied, was right. Flex and LFR are gated. Garrosh won't appear in Flex and LFR anytime soon. Definitely, if non-raiding people are thinking to subscribe for this patch just to see Garrosh etc. - it is too early to subscribe for that moment yet.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2013-09-12 at 01:18 AM.