Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    I have nothing else to say to you, congrats on graduating to Heroic league. Prepare yourself.
    I haven't raided heroics since tier 11. But its been this way since the wrath, probably before, but I didn't pay much attention to it in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Trolden View Post
    We had a 3 hour raid today, and we've managed to kill 3 bosses. They felt PERFECTLY tuned, I mean 1 one was easy as fuck, 2 one required something from the raid, 3 one was even harded for us, so yeah, better than wiping 6 hours straight on Horridon.
    Also, bosses are a lot of fun ^^
    I agree with this. We only raided for 2 hours on Tuesday and we killed the first 2 bosses in normal 25-man. None of us had any ptr experience. It was also nice to see no trash between the first and second bosses. I was a little worried how we could tackle 14 new bosses with our light 7 hour raiding schedule (which equates to 30 minutes a boss and respective trash) but after seeing the first little bit I feel better about our chances at a full clear each week once we learn everything.

Like others have said, if normal feels too easy for your guild then perhaps you should look into heroic modes. That is, after all, why they're there.
    Constructs in *my* raid?

It's more likely than you think.

You're 545 ilvl? So you full cleared ToT heroic for presumably a number of weeks/months? So why exactly were you expecting SoO normal to be hard for you?

When you completely outgear the content of course it's not going to be hard. Imagine if you had had a 520 ilvl when ToT came out, you'd have steamrolled through ToT normal as well because you had way more gear than you were supposed to have.

We 1 shot the 1st boss, 2 shot the 2nd and had 3 pulls on 3rd boss before calling due to a tired guildie. First 2 are utter faceroll, and my team averages about 532 ilevel. This is a little too easy so far. Expected to at least have a few wipes on Immerseus, not kill him on the first pull without popping cooldowns.

Hoping for a little more challenge from the next few bosses...

Deleted
    Well you cant expect something to be that hard when you jump in with all your ilv 550 especially in 10 man.Normal mode is designed to be hard for ppl who have 520 Ilv

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Good. Normal SHOULD be fairly easy, that's why there's HEROIC.
    No, that's why they have LFR and flex for fairly easy. Shouldn't be

LFR-Easy
    Flex-Easy
    Normal-Easy
    Heroic-Hard

There are different types of players out there with different skill levels. With your formula, the people in the middle would be left out. Besides, these are hard mode raiders with high ilvls saying it's easy. A 530 guild is going to struggle. Alot.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our guild is 13/13H and I could definitly tell that this was tuned for groups far below us. While some of my team was surprised, I'm honestly not. Went 7/14 today with most being one or two shots. Hopefully heroics are tuned a bit tighter. Those 13/13 guilds, don't be shocked by how quickly you get thru the first half. Garrosh certainly looks to be tough from streams I'm seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by ILjXYZ View Post
    I agree with this. We only raided for 2 hours on Tuesday and we killed the first 2 bosses in normal 25-man. None of us had any ptr experience. It was also nice to see no trash between the first and second bosses. I was a little worried how we could tackle 14 new bosses with our light 7 hour raiding schedule (which equates to 30 minutes a boss and respective trash) but after seeing the first little bit I feel better about our chances at a full clear each week once we learn everything.

Like others have said, if normal feels too easy for your guild then perhaps you should look into heroic modes. That is, after all, why they're there.
    Oh, for trash just wait until you enter Orgrimmar. Those damn soldiers are fucking everywhere.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Ironically, we had a few wipes on Immerseus as people weren't healing properly or doing stupid shit like being behind a tank and eating the Corrosive Blast, but we one-shot Protectors which amazed me. We had to end then but still. Not bad given that the guild had such huge trouble on Horridon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal (especially early normal) isn't supposed to be a challenge for people between 540-550, news at 7.

Blizzard also aimed to make there be a more clear difficulty curve for this tier.

515-520 groups will probably start struggling on Norushen, 525ish groups at either juggernaut or dark shamans, 535ish groups on either thok, blackfuse or paragons, and 540-545 on garrosh. Makes sense from a normal progression perspective too, normal guilds that haven't been farming full normal tot will face walls earlier in the instance while those who've had lei shen norm on farm for a while (but haven't touched heroics much if at all) will be at the 525ish level and face their walls closer to midway. Guilds who had med-high heroic progress in ToT will only have trouble near the end.

Deleted
    I agree with both sides. We did a 4hr raid tonight and got 8 bosses down, which you could argue is way too much. However we are all in 540+ gear, except 1 healer, so even when dps moved slowly from things they survived just that second longer. Less times dealing with tougher mechanics cause our dps is much higher then is intended for normal raids. So it is not fair to say that this is way too easy if you are a hc raider. However I must say that there are some ridiculously easy bosses in there that I dont even want to see on flex or lfr, say immersius say general whats his face or just pathetic bosses.

I do hope it ramps up with the last few bosses (and I think it will if guilds who raid 12+hrs a day took a while), if that is the case I think its a perfectly fine normal raid (besides the two bosses I mentioned above :S)

ToT is tuned for 505~510s, but SoO seems to have much lower bar compared to it

Meanwhile, my guild spent 3 hours wiping in Flex mode....

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Ironically, we had a few wipes on Immerseus as people weren't healing properly or doing stupid shit like being behind a tank and eating the Corrosive Blast, but we one-shot Protectors which amazed me. We had to end then but still. Not bad given that the guild had such huge trouble on Horridon.
    You wiped to Immerseus? That boss can be 15-17 manned on 25 man normal. Don't even need high item level lol.

We wiped 2 hours on 3rd boss because we didn't have 545 gear (sub 5% rage timer deaths (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻). You seriously expecting a raid to be hard when you have heroic gear from previous tier? Normal mode is meant for normal mode gear obviously. Guess you can start working on HC next week.

Though we didn't even have full normal mode ToT gear, some of us started raiding 2 weeks back and could clear ToT only twice, on normal before SoO.
    Last edited by Thes; 2013-09-12 at 05:18 AM.

Deleted
    First wipe on the warrior near cleft of shadows when it had less than 20% hp, defensive stance active and we went tunnel mode on it. Raidleaders best idea: "fuck it just nuke boss".

9 bosses in 3,5h including several smoke breaks and loot assigns which took forever.

Of course tuning will seem weak for the first bosses and even into late mid bosses if you are decked in farmed content from the previous tiers heroics. It's not tuned for that, that's why in PTR they scale gear so it's tested in the gear it's tuned for. That said though the toughest bosses have yet to be faced by your team so lets see you top the worlds top guilds and one shot Garrosh

547 avg ilvl.

Killed Garrosh 10m a couple hours ago. Yesterday we did 11/14 in 5 hours. Finishing up Blackfuse/Paragons/Garrosh took us 4 hours tonight, with Garrosh taking 2.5 hours/14 attempts. For reference, in ToT we were 13/13H West ~350, so nothing amazing at all. Hell, it took us 3 weeks to clear normal ToT.

The instance clearly isn't tuned for heroic raiders. It seems clearable in ~540 gear - anything else is a bonus. The DPS checks are nonexistent, and even mechanically normal mode is very easy compared to ToT I felt.

Goes into Normal mode overgeared, beats the first 5 bosses that are meant to be easy, comes to forums to complain it's too easy.

Nice.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Heroic dungeons feel real easy in 540ilvl gear to!!! I don't understand OP's logic : "The content we out gear seems to be easy because we can skip mechanics because we have lots of gear".