Poll: Your thoughts

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 35
... LastLast

Thoughts on the new Warchief

I hate it, just hate it. A troll is leading my beloved Horde, a troll who conspired with the Alliance, unbelievable. Orgrim must be rolling over in his grave right now....

Blizz could have chosen anyone and it would have been better, Baine, Theron, Saurfang, Nazgrel, heck freakin' Aggra. Still can't Thrall passed the mantle to him...

This the same Orgrim who trained Thrall, the notorious Alliance lover? Vol'Jin has no love for the Alliance, he only allowed their aid because Garrosh had to go and he couldn't do it alone.

Also, Baine loves Anduin and Lor'themar was close to joining the Alliance in the build-up to the Siege.

I don't hate Vol'jin. But they made the most obvious and lame choice they could make.

Not impressed at all,was expecting something more interesting.

Yeah it's pathetic. I would've rather ANY of the racial leaders (well okay, except the goblin) become the Warchief of the Horde than this idiot. It should always be an orc, and even leaving out Thrall (the obvious and best choice) there were other good candidates. I simply can't respect a troll as Warchief. The lore nut inside of me wants to faction change now. Now that the orcs are broken, Sylvanas and the Forsaken are the only reason I have left to prefer the Horde over the Alliance. I wasn't surprised it was Vol'jin, though. They've been building him up so much lately, it was rather obvious. But I couldn't help feeling a massive wave of disappointment when I saw it confirmed. As a conservative, it gave me about the same feeling as when Obama won the election again.

Deleted
    I think he is worthy, he has proven him self loyal to the Horde for as long as I can remember, more than any other candidate. Like Thrall said, it's because of Vol'jin's efforts that the Horde held together during the latest events.

He has been one of my favorite characters since I played WC3 all those years ago, I'm happy to see him get this great role!

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    I don't hate Vol'jin. But they made the most obvious and lame choice they could make.

Not impressed at all,was expecting something more interesting.
    Me neither, I don't hate Vol'jin. It's just that the Warchief has always been an orc since it is a carry over from when orcs were the Horde after the clans were united under a single leader. I would have preferred Varok Saurfang (Nazgrim would have been better but blizz decided to kill him off) or even Nazgrel.

But with the way the last few patches have been, it was either going to be Vol'jin or Lor'themar. And Vol'jin was the more likely of the two.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin Warchief? The same guy that sat his lazy ass out due to "injuries" while I went on quests to obtain the Divine Bell and all this other shit while he sent mail: "I'll let you handle this one, II need me rest" Useless prick. If there's no glory given back to the Orcs that didn't blindly follow Garrosh then Alliance will be my faction of choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin is not the best choice, but he is also not the worst choice.

thank god it's not Sylvanas or Lor'themar, that would've made the Alliance invasion to Lordaeron nearly impossible...

Deleted
    my thoughts is who ever they would have chosen ppl on the forums would be crying about it all the same
    Personally i like voljin and think they made a decent choice.

Vol'jin made a difficult choice by asking for the Alliances help, It takes a good leader to beable to admit they may need help even from their *enemies* I say Vol'jin was a good choice, ....for now. Can't wait to see how his time as Leader changes him!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Vol'jin Warchief? The same guy that sat his lazy ass out due to "injuries" while I went on quests to obtain the Divine Bell and all this other shit while he sent mail: "I'll let you handle this one, II need me rest" Useless prick. If there's no glory given back to the Orcs that didn't blindly follow Garrosh then Alliance will be my faction of choice.
    It's a freaking game and that is one of the ways to make your character involved in the story line. Deal with it.

Deleted
    As long as it's not Thrall, I'm happy!

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    As opposed to Garrosh, the lazy-ass who sat out defending his people in Nagrand because he had daddy issues. Vol'Jin had a legitimate reason for resting.

I hate this unwritten rule that only an Orc can be Warchief. Thrall established the Horde and he requested that Vol'Jin lead them.

I admit that I wanted to see Thrall smash Garrosh's head right there. I also admit that I wanted one of the horde leaders to just step up, and take the seat by force, or rebel or something. Instead they all just bow down. I wanted something drastic to happen. Instead, a future trial, and a puny threat by Varian. kewl

Deleted
    I dislike the choice.

How are Orcs supposed to follow as warchief someone who helped the alliance kill them?

Nazgrim, Thrall or Saurfang would by far be better.

Deleted
    I'm fine with it. I could say that we all saw it coming, though. Could have been better, yeah, but meh. Still better than Cata ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey View Post
    I hate this unwritten rule that only an Orc can be Warchief. Thrall established the Horde and he requested that Vol'Jin lead them.
    Just because it's legitimate doesn't mean the players have to like it. Trolls are an inferior race, and don't deserve to be over the whole Horde. It'd be like a dwarf or draenei being the main leader of the Alliance. I don't even play Alliance, and that still wouldn't sit well with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Just because it's legitimate doesn't mean the players have to like it. Trolls are an inferior race, and don't deserve to be over the whole Horde. It'd be like a dwarf or draenei being the main leader of the Alliance. I don't even play Alliance, and that still wouldn't sit well with me.
    I'm Alliance and I would love to have a Dwarf or Draenei leader, for a bit of a change up. It gets rather boring seeing the same Orcs and Humans doing everything and getting most of the air time.

It's about time they ruffled some feathers, Vol'jin is a good start, he made the right choice asking for help from the Alliance, even though i am sure he hated having to, he put the wellbeing of the Horde before his own dislikes. That is a sign of a good leader. We can only hope he continues to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    How are Trolls inferior? In case you hadn't heard, Trolls had the greatest empire on the face of Azeroth at one point in time, they wouldn't have got there if they were pushovers.

As for a Dwarf leading the Alliance, I could see one of the Bronzebeards leading, Magni to be specific (if he ever gets his vajazzle removed).

I've been waiting for this for so long.

Vol'jin is a great choice.