Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelol View Post
    Really, I don't know what do you guys keep crying about? I have every alt geared at least at 500 iLvl... It's not that hard... so, the 496 I get from the island, every single one is going to Sha Crystals, which is amazing, got around 70 Sha Crystals on the first day.
    Sha crystal island?!!!! Good job blizzard way to destroy a economy.

"No catch up mechanic":

Seriously, Blizz trying to milk us to death by forcing us to do old content to gear up. I mean, wtf!

"Catch up mechanic one tier behind":

Horrible, Blizz trying to milk us to death by forcing us to run 5-mans gear up! I mean... wtf!1

"Catch up mechanic two tiers behind":

Disgusting, Blizz trying to milk us to death with fast food content. I mean... wtf!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also not sad about the alts not having to go through the Mogu & Mantid LFR's as much as before.

But yes, the Isle really feels like a fastfood isle (btw, good description OP ), not really 'timeless' or epic at all.
    "Yeah get some damned 5000 coins out of freaking chests scattered over the isle and you get your Legendary Cloak! Very heroic, Champion!!" /trollface
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Blizzard has reached an all time low with this "catch up" mechanic. Some people may like the fact that you can get 10-20 "epics" an hour on the timeless isle and gear your alts but really do you feel like you earned anything? Do you have any sense of accomplishment?
    Did you have any sense of accomplishment from buying full tier sets with Emblems of frost during Icecrown Citadel? Did you have any sense of accomplishment in Hour of Twilight heroic 5 mans? Did you have any sense of accomplishment in the ToT LFR?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    I don't understand what you're butthurt about, have you had really bad RNG the past year of running LFR or something? it's not like it drops current iLevel gear, it's 496, SoO gear is like 540 or something.
    I second this, people should not nag. The item level difference between normal SoO and and these epics and the difference between these epics and the 463 dungeon stuff is about just as great. If that is not enough, i dont know what will be.

Deleted
    well, it's pretty much just purple ilvl 496 garbage so I don't really understand your bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippo89 View Post
    I'm also not sad about the alts not having to go through the Mogu & Mantid LFR's as much as before.

But yes, the Isle really feels like a fastfood isle (btw, good description OP ), not really 'timeless' or epic at all.
    "Yeah get some damned 5000 coins out of freaking chests scattered over the isle and you get your Legendary Cloak! Very heroic, Champion!!" /trollface
    Thats what im saying.... This game is turning into a complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by johnyderp View Post
    well, it's pretty much just purple ilvl 496 garbage so I don't really understand your bitching.
    You can upgrade them to 535 ilvl with Burdens of eternity.

So what if they are a lot of epics ? Do you have so little self-confidence that you feel the need to be distinguished from other people's alts ?
    Blizzard implements something that allows players to go raid with their alts but you only look at the petty and childish problem. "Its no fair, i workd hard for my epixxz". Why do people attach so much importance to the COLOR of a goddam item? Would you also equip a staff on your warrior just because it's epic ?
    Grow up, it's the end of the expansion.
    Last edited by HellBurn; 2013-09-12 at 12:01 PM.

Well I am an altoholic, I have 13 lvl 90s chars that are at least lfr equipped.

I think a alt catchup mechanism was long overdue. Blizzard realized this with 5.3, when they added the 489 barrens item. The problem was, the effort to get those items were in no relation to their use. Grinding lucky coins on the isle of thunder and running lfr was vastly superior. They should have made mojo BoA in barrens, but discussing the past is pointless.

But then Blizzard did what they did so many times, they went from one extreme to another. The droprate of epics on timeless isle, compared with their relatively high ilvl (~480 would have sufficed, you could have geared the missing parts easily in lfr), simply is too high. You can take an alt to the isle and 40 minutes lates, just by farming boxes, you have iLvl 490+ and epics in nearly every slot.
    In my opionion that was uncalled for. They should have limited the amount of items you can "transform" to real items per week, or connect them to a cost (like timeless coins). Or drastically reduce their drop chance.

But this change really means you can completely skip character progression, and everything before tot lfr (or actually SoO lfr, since the 6 iLvl of tot lfr gear more does not compare the the time invested to get them) became obsolete. Of course I agree that it is pointless to force new chars through the same progression path as the characters before, but making it completely skippable is ridiculous. The increased drop chance of the older lfr, together with the new justice point gear, would have sufficed to have fast enough progression, there was just a gap to close between green 440 and 460/480.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can go to Molten Core and get 15 epics in an hour, it doesn't mean they will be useful.

I will agree that the drop rate on chests is sort of nuts, however, this is what PTR was for. If nobody complained about it there... it's players fault for enjoying the way it works.

However, I recommend going to a nicely imbalanced PvP server and trying your luck on the island - then get back to me on how fast you are getting them purpz!

It will always be the case that you can't please everyone. Likewise, the OP would very likely be griping and complaining about how tough it is to gear up alts if they did not have a way to easily do so, it is just the way that the WoW community works.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Not sure if serious or Trolling....

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I can go to Molten Core and get 15 epics in an hour, it doesn't mean they will be useful.

I will agree that the drop rate on chests is sort of nuts, however, this is what PTR was for. If nobody complained about it there... it's players fault for enjoying the way it works.

However, I recommend going to a nicely imbalanced PvP server and trying your luck on the island - then get back to me on how fast you are getting them purpz!

It will always be the case that you can't please everyone. Likewise, the OP would very likely be griping and complaining about how tough it is to gear up alts if they did not have a way to easily do so, it is just the way that the WoW community works.
    Can you use those 15 epics from molten core to create powerful enchantments that are for the current expansion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Did you have any sense of accomplishment from buying full tier sets with Emblems of frost during Icecrown Citadel? Did you have any sense of accomplishment in Hour of Twilight heroic 5 mans? Did you have any sense of accomplishment in the ToT LFR?
    Did you feel you accomplished anything when you got your legendary sword from Illidan? Or your best in slot trinket from whatever heroic ToT boss?
    You didn't, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    apparently nothing go loot your "epics" from that turtle you just killed.
    Thanks I will. Try not to cry into the Vale of Eternal Sorrow while I do that. Because that's what your essentially indicating here.

I kind of like it when people cry over stuff like this. It's pathetic in an entertaining way somehow.

But seriously, get over it. A catch-up system at the very end of the whole expansion, do you really care?

Do you have any sense of accomplishment?
    Not for any quest hub/open world/patch filler area ever released by blizzard. No. Fun maybe, yes.

If you CHOOSE to go get this gear for YOUR ALTS the traditional way, go for it. LOL The raids are still there.
    Keep spreading your hatred and certainty. Good luck with your civil war!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    TL;DR: I earned my epics the long and painful way THEREFORE YOU SHOULD ALL DO THAT TO OMG HOW DARE THEY.

It's the end of the x-pack, it's catch up time, what difference does it make?
    I agree. Catch up time. Those who bitch about this can hold the same logic every new expansion of "OMG the new greens I got from that quest are better than my epics I worked so hard for, grrrr".

It's a different time and place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I kind of like it when people cry over stuff like this. It's pathetic in an entertaining way somehow.

But seriously, get over it. A catch-up system at the very end of the whole expansion, do you really care?

Probably because elitist twat who gets infuriated when there's things like gear resets before screaming about WELFARE EPISCSSCSOSOSSOS which i'm supprised no one's called these yet, give him time and he'll belt on about how vanilla was the best and BC was even better. Even though he joined up half way through cata.

It's funny... I don't mind the epics that drop. I geared my alt out in a couple of days. But, it's insane the amount of coins you have to farm for the trinket, etc. What is it? 50,000? I feel like I'm in an Asian MMORPG. I guess Blizzard really wants to stretch this patch out.