Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

DPS Warrior Proving Ground thread

Updating an old OP:

Highest wave:45
    My guide:

Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2014-01-10 at 10:18 AM.

I got to Wave 6 in Gold my first try doing it. The banana tosser + healer is annoying because the healer doesn't move so I keep eating the -75% hit.

Could probably finish Gold next time I try it.
    Last edited by FobManX; 2013-09-12 at 03:44 PM.

Wave 19, I think?

@FobManX: Either dodge the bananas or kill the Monkey before the other mob can heal it.

The trick seems to be mastering the amber blobs. Getting one to spawn right before you end a wave is a huge bonus going into the next one.
    Window#1725

Easy - US Zul'jin

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't even finished gold yet, but I got to round 9 last time so I'll probably have it soon. I think I'll get really frustrated with the endless thing if there's a lot of those sha dudes ;_;

Any talent in particular that you guys think is extra helpful for this? Personally I think Disrupting Shout works wonderfully for when you have two healers close or if you're tunneling a mob and you see someone close but not close enough cast something. But yeah, I guess the other talents on that row are pretty useless for Proving Grounds
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    I finished silver as tank for the achievement, if that counts :P
    Also got my title as tank

Most fun i've had in a long time tbh.

Deleted
    DD Wave 39, the last mob had 10% when I wiped and I left one berserker buff for the wave 10, because it was extremely close on wave 29. Probably gonna try to push to fifty when I get an 2h axe with decent stats instead my hit/crit sword -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I got to Wave 6 in Gold my first try doing it. The banana tosser + healer is annoying because the healer doesn't move so I keep eating the -75% hit.

I did it as feral fine (Maybe because movement speed?)

All I did was run a constant circle around the healer, it seems you just need to be moving and bananas don't affect you (It would look like it landed on me but I was moving and it didn't proc the debuff)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post

Charge the monkeys as they spawn, they die super fast so you can usually kill them in that stun from charge while cleaving off onto the others. Only problems I had with gold was the Sha at the end as I had already rinsed my CD's - still managed to get gold on 3rd try, once I made sure I kept CD's till toward the end.

Thanks for the tips, yeah I wasn't really using my big 3m CDs at all. Wanted to save it for a later wave.

Deleted
    Got to wave 39 in endless mode. I realized i didn't have the dps to beat the wave 40 sha so i just blew all cds on wave 39 but still didn't manage to kill the last mob before timer ran out T_T.

But i got another title i will never use .

Quote Originally Posted by Lyricals View Post
    Got to wave 39 in endless mode. I realized i didn't have the dps to beat the wave 40 sha so i just blew all cds on wave 39 but still didn't manage to kill the last mob before timer ran out T_T.

But i got another title i will never use .
    Were you playing Fury or Arms?

I went there with my raid gear (so, legendary meta, non-optimized gear, etc) and I am currently at 9th wave on DPS (Arms) and 18th or 19th wave on Tank.
    Great challenge, I found gold pretty easy as Arms (compared ton the tank one), but Infinity waves are not friendly at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Were you playing Fury or Arms?

I went there with my raid gear (so, legendary meta, non-optimized gear, etc) and I am currently at 9th wave on DPS (Arms) and 18th or 19th wave on Tank.
    Great challenge, I found gold pretty easy as Arms (compared ton the tank one), but Infinity waves are not friendly at all.
    Fury is not an option. You take a massive blow to your crit and you just simply cannot output the dps required to beat fights with a lot of mobs. With arms you have blood and thunder so its really easy to keep deep wounds up on a lot of targets and it does a huge amount of damage.

The biggest issue of course lies in the fact that the wave 10 sha boss becomes more and more about getting lucky as you progress. For example to beat the wave 40 sha boss you just need to pray your trinkets proc just as his shield comes down and that all your slams crit during CS. I havent done it personally but the fact that i beat the wave 30 sha boss with around 2 seconds left gives me enough data to assume the above.
    Last edited by mmoc50852f6455; 2013-09-13 at 04:39 PM.

Deleted
    I got some questions on that:

What would be the optimal proving grounds gear?
    How do sockets/gems get factored in?
    What is with legendary procs (gem/cloak)?
    What is with set bonuses?
    Is a weapon with +500str sha socket worth it?

What buffs will work? (flask/food etc.)
    What is with those drops from timeless isle, all those buff stuff. Does it work?

I Did the silver tank challenge as fury just so that I could get the achievement "You're doing it wrong". Took around 1h to master it as dps through timed shockwave, fear, stormbolt , spell reflect and disrupting shout usage.

DPS to Gold was a bit boring, took like 1h to clear from bronze to gold in a one rush. First fail was obviously on the last wave because the not-so-planned CD usage. On the next try I saved the berserker buffs so I could make it. Have to try the endless wave soon though!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post

What is with legendary procs (gem/cloak)

What is with those drops from timeless isle, all those buff stuff. Does it work?
    off--pieces with extra sockets

they work normally and dont get scaled down

They dont work

They dont work

500 stat gems dont work

both food and flask works

As for the timeless isle buffs im going to assume you lose them when you enter the scenario but ive not tried.
    Last edited by mmoc50852f6455; 2013-09-13 at 04:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robles View Post
    I did it as feral fine (Maybe because movement speed?)

All I did was run a constant circle around the healer, it seems you just need to be moving and bananas don't affect you (It would look like it landed on me but I was moving and it didn't proc the debuff)

Best way to do that one is on a WW monk. DT the tosser, win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post

What is with legendary procs (gem/cloak)?

1) 463 heroic gear. No, seriously. No other trinkets will work unless they are activated.
    2) Seems to be the same as challenge mode...
    3) Useless. But keep it on, as no other cloak is going to get you 3 bonus stats.
    4) Wish I had some set bonuses to try that.
    5) Since sockets don't seem to affected I would say yes. Should actually get mine out of the bank and see...
    6) Any player buffs, flasks, and food. Anything you could use doing a heroic dungeon you can use here.
    7) A lot of it specifically says works only on timeless isle, those that don't, not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyricals View Post
    Fury is not an option. You take a massive blow to your crit and you just simply cannot output the dps required to beat fights with a lot of mobs. With arms you have blood and thunder so its really easy to keep deep wounds up on a lot of targets and it does a huge amount of damage.
    Yeah, I wiped once in Silver as Fury, then one shot everything until 10th wave on Infinity as Arms, and I'm not really an Arms master. But I'm sure someone will eventually find a way to do it as Fury spec, that's why I asked.

Anyway, wiped on 10th wave (infinity) the first time I've reached it because I blew my cooldowns earlier and didn't expect such a single-target mid-boss. Since, I've tried to keep my cooldowns for this wave but doing waves 8 and 9 without Banner/Recklesness is hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    So arms is the way to go? I've been struggling with gold while only playing fury ;_; Got to wave 9 and ever since it's just been going worse.. This explains so much
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Probably. Fury needs crit and gear is scaled down to 463. Since the warrior has no innate crit you are probably better up as arms.

I wonder if ele shamans can get to infinity level 100...

Deleted
    Well, you can get to wave 20+ as fury too, you can still reach 28% crit. But still, Arms is so much stronger there, so if you can, go Arms.