Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Soul Link + Health Funnel = crap

Now I have to cast health funnel all time to keep the voidlord alive while I'm tanking some elite mob.
    2/3 of the fight casting health funnel is ridiculous.
    They need to improve health funnel if they want to keep soul link as it is currently or maybe change it to instant cast, similar as hunters pet cure.
    I can tank any new elite as hunter but not as warlock anymore.
    Previous SL was much better to solo old content, MUCH BETTER.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

What is it that you're fighting where you have to use Health Funnel that much? I was able to solo any elite mob I came across on Isle last night and rarely had to use Health Funnel at all, and if I did a SB:HF was more than sufficient every now and then.

Personally I think the new SL is great, especially with the damage converted to healing component.

isnt there a glyph that changes it to a hot /w a cool down?

There's a minor glyph. Instant 15% heal with a 10 second cooldown. Kind of crap, imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draxyl07 View Post
    There's a minor glyph. Instant 15% heal with a 10 second cooldown. Kind of crap, imho.
    Just asking, but what is your gear like? Depending on the type of elite mob (on isle), my voidlord can take multiple of them without trouble.

Do not use soul link with tank demon (hint: drain life + drain life glyph + drain life talent = immortality)

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're talking about the elites/rares on the Timeless Isle, you should be able to kill those long before your void drops low on health, if ever.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Just asking, but what is your gear like? Depending on the type of elite mob (on isle), my voidlord can take multiple of them without trouble.
    Oh, my gear is fine. 550 ilevel. I have no issues at all with elite mob tanking, it was the OP that was having some problems. Personally I do use Soul Link when soloing elites (even multiple at a time), and I rarely (if ever) have to use Health Funnel.

Less time trying to heal your VoidLord, and more time spent on Pew Pew; and VoidLord can tank almost anything.

Between Soul Link and Soul Leech; VoidLord should be almost impossible to kill, as long as you continue to do damage to the elite.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I assumed he was talking about the Zandalari Warbringers. Pre SL change, my void lord was unkillable. Since the patch, he is much squishier. combine that with the nerf to Demonic Gateway and my fallback strategy of port/soul burn resummon Void Lord, doesn't work either.

I am going to try Soul Burn Health Funnel and see how it goes.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    Personally I think the new SL is great, especially with the damage converted to healing component.
    If you don't solo stuff, it's fine. If you use your voidwalker, however, it basically dies instantly. If you want a tank minion you're better off using an imp and then tanking it yourself. The voidwalker has, in order words, been removed from the game with the soul link change. The 3% damage done -> healing is nowhere near enough to keep it alive, it would need an immense buff for that to work..

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    I assumed he was talking about the Zandalari Warbringers. Pre SL change, my void lord was unkillable. Since the patch, he is much squishier. combine that with the nerf to Demonic Gateway and my fallback strategy of port/soul burn resummon Void Lord, doesn't work either.

I am going to try Soul Burn Health Funnel and see how it goes.
    weird thing is that before the patch I was almost able to keep up voidlord with just soul leach and use healthfunnel on some occasions (forgot to spec soul link once)

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    If you don't solo stuff, it's fine. If you use your voidwalker, however, it basically dies instantly. If you want a tank minion you're better off using an imp and then tanking it yourself. The voidwalker has, in order words, been removed from the game with the soul link change. The 3% damage done -> healing is nowhere near enough to keep it alive, it would need an immense buff for that to work..
    In what kind of situation? I've been able to solo every elite I've come across on the Isle with the Voidwalker tanking.

Soul link + soul leech works fine as long as the mob you are tanking doesn't hit hard. If the mob hits hard and constantly gets rid of your soul leech shield, yes the voidlords are much weaker now.

I think blizzard should buff the health funnel glyph to be on par with hunter's mend pet, which is not insanely powerful anyway.

I thought it was just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ardente View Post
    Do not use soul link with tank demon (hint: drain life + drain life glyph + drain life talent = immortality)
    QFT

10chairs

Yeah my pets pretty much a wimp now. Soul leech nerf really hurts IMO. They should make drain life heal your pet as well when soul link is active. Maybe change the drain life glyph to do this?

I think the issue being it was too good before, so when something we became accustomed to got "balanced" it felt like a pretty substantial nerf.
    It is now better for general PvE and PvP in my opinion, sitting more where it should be rather than being primarily a solo buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, my gear is fine. 550 ilevel. I have no issues at all with elite mob tanking, it was the OP that was having some problems. Personally I do use Soul Link when soloing elites (even multiple at a time), and I rarely (if ever) have to use Health Funnel.
    I don't even know why I quoted you there, question was for OP :/

Quote Originally Posted by ardente View Post
    This works fairly good as well when you don't have to worry enrage timers.

On the subject of damage reduction, did I miss something? Soul leech is now flat 10% damage reduction rather then a 15% of health absorb?