Poll: Your thoughts

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Anyone posting that ANY Horde would be better than Vol'jin really have no idea how powerful, cunning and wise he is. He was the obvious choice. If you really hate it so much that you want to faction change due to "lore", then you probably shouldn't play this game anymore. Go get some sun or something.

Let's break it down briefly:

Lor'themar: Too new to the Horde, too "pretty", despite eyepatch. Too much of an underdog choice to have been seriously considered.
    Sylvanas: Plague. Enough said.
    Gallywix: Too shifty, no way he'd want it anyway.
    Baine: Also too new after Cairne's death.
    Thrall: Has too much to do to be Warchief, and he held it already.
    Any other Orc: After all the issues with Garrosh, the "True Horde", and such, it would have been very suspicious to pick yet another Horde. Their whole race's honor has been tarnished, and they know it. So does the rest of the Horde.

When you break it down, it really wasn't a choice at all.

Da be good choice, mon!
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight View Post
    Anyone posting that ANY Horde would be better than Vol'jin really have no idea how powerful, cunning and wise he is. He was the obvious choice. If you really hate it so much that you want to faction change due to "lore", then you probably shouldn't play this game anymore. Go get some sun or something.

Let's break it down briefly:

Lor'themar: Too new to the Horde, too "pretty", despite eyepatch. Too much of an underdog choice to have been seriously considered.
    Sylvanas: Plague. Enough said.
    Gallywix: Too shifty, no way he'd want it anyway.
    Baine: Also too new after Cairne's death.
    Thrall: Has too much to do to be Warchief, and he held it already.
    Any other Orc: After all the issues with Garrosh, the "True Horde", and such, it would have been very suspicious to pick yet another Horde. Their whole race's honor has been tarnished, and they know it. So does the rest of the Horde.

When you break it down, it really wasn't a choice at all.

Da be good choice, mon!
    So powerful and cunning that he would have been dead if it wasnt for the help we got him.

He is not as cunning as you think he is, and he is less powerful than almost everyone in that room (except Gallywix)

Thrall was the only choice, but the people qqing about the bad role he had in the worst expansion in WoW's history that we are all trying to forget made them go with a worse chocie, Vol'jin.
    Thrall always was, is, and will be my true Warchief. Garrosh and Vol'jin werent/arent.

Deleted
    Didnt really mindwho got picked , but I would of prefered if it you know was a bit more " WOW HES THE WARCHIEF "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Vol'jin Warchief? The same guy that sat his lazy ass out due to "injuries" while I went on quests to obtain the Divine Bell and all this other shit while he sent mail: "I'll let you handle this one, II need me rest" Useless prick. If there's no glory given back to the Orcs that didn't blindly follow Garrosh then Alliance will be my faction of choice.
    Ironically thats exactly what Garrosh did.

If they fail to give some sense of pride back to orcs after all this bullshit, I'm done with it.
    #boycottchina

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

If they fail to give some sense of pride back to orcs after all this bullshit, I'm done with it.
    Your pride is that you get to learn under a leader who isn't an Orc and learn tolerance and respect for once (orcs).

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

There can be no pride for Orcs. Blizzard have been drilling this into our heads with the Pandaria story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Something I thought interesting in the Horde cinematic was the different gestures of the other racial leaders, as they made their obedience to the new Warchief. Particularly, I actually chuckled when Sylvanas basically give him a chin-nod after all the others bowed or knelt.
    i love how she hesitated for a two seconds as well!

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Particularly, I actually chuckled when Sylvanas basically give him a chin-nod after all the others bowed or knelt.
    That or she was staring at Gallywix's ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    There can be no pride for Orcs. Blizzard have been drilling this into our heads with the Pandaria story.
    but apparently that doesn't apply to human pride, alliance pride, or troll pride, they can all be proud, but not orcs.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Not until they conquer it. Until they manage not to be slaves to their own pride (which is why almost all the orcs followed Garrosh, and only a gang you could number with your hands opposed him).

Incidentally, i think Garrosh could be instrumental for this. I am very happy that Garrosh survived, let's see if they can make his story start now, really.

Vol'jin has literally done nothing making him worthy of this title.

He made a rebellion, woo, well, he wasn't able to rescue his people. Even when he returned to sen'jin, he just stood by well Thrall and Chen faught off the kor'kohn.
    You know who it was fighting to take back undercity in wrath days well vol'jin sat outside and did nothing? Thrall and Sylvanas.

For years, Vol'jins done nothing but stand around in grommash hold. He's not done anything worthy to validate this. And honestly, all this feels like it was done for shock value, almost as if the devs were saying 'here, we're show you we can choose someone else beside an orc', and thats it.

Maybe if the developers had spent more time developing him over the years, instead of just paying a writer to write a novel for him, and claim that as development (which from all accounts, it had nothing in it as far as development went for vol'jin) then maybe I might have felt far less diappointed in this.
    Seriously, Rexxar has done more for the horde then vol'jin.
    Trassk, you got to calm yourself... I know how much this hurt for all of us that follows the horde, but keep in mind AT LEAST he's one of the most loyal Horde member. He always fought against he own kindsmen, he refused to accept Zalazanes invitation, instead he stood against him. Everything in his heart, there is one thing... For the horde.

With that said, having orcish warchief would be alot more ideal, but all we can do (just like the past), see how this unfolds. Maybe it's him the horde needs right now, maybe we need his wisdom. Only time will tell.

Edit: Don't you guys dare to quoute me from my earlier post !!

Sooo many tears! I could fill a swimming pool!

I'm gonna do what a few people have done already and break things down:

Lor'themar: He's still too.. well... underdeveloped. In Pandaria they started giving him a bigger roll, and that was awesome.. but he didn't have as much action or development as the other characters.
    Sylvanas: She is already on thin ice with the rest of the horde because of all the 'plague' and 'valkyrie' non-sense.. her only TRUE supporters would be the undead... one race.
    Baine: As much as I'd love to see a Tauren as Warchief... he's too inexperienced (and underdeveloped as a character).
    Gallywix: Well, what happened to the LAST people he ruled over?
    Thrall: He's washed up, done with leading the horde, and you all know it. He's leading the WOOORLD now. (besides, I bet there would be more crying if they just went with THRALL again)
    Nazgrim: Why would they put a comparatively minor (possible inexperienced (Edit: Wait, just remembered Garrosh)) character on the throne? Especially one that was such a supporter of Garrosh.
    Saurfang: They've said it once. He's too OLD. Also, have we even seen him since Wrath?

Any non horde: No, just no.
    Anyone else: Who? Gamon? No one else has enough screen time to be a horde leader!

So yeah, breaking it all Down, Vol'jin is the most logical choice. Even if it is "Boring" or "Obvious" as a few of you said, I am happy that's what they went with, as opposed to some.. curveball.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthstar View Post
    Sooo many tears! I could fill a swimming pool!

I'm gonna do what a few people have done already and break things down:

Lor'themar: He's still too.. well... underdeveloped. In Pandaria they started giving him a bigger roll, and that was awesome.. but he didn't have as much action or development as the other characters.
    Sylvanas: She is already on thin ice with the rest of the horde because of all the 'plague' and 'valkyrie' non-sense.. her only TRUE supporters would be the undead... one race.
    Baine: As much as I'd love to see a Tauren as Warchief... he's too inexperienced (and underdeveloped as a character).
    Gallywix: Well, what happened to the LAST people he ruled over?
    Thrall: He's washed up, done with leading the horde, and you all know it. He's leading the WOOORLD now. (besides, I bet there would be more crying if they just went with THRALL again)
    Nazgrim: Why would they put a comparatively minor (possible inexperienced (Edit: Wait, just remembered Garrosh)) character on the throne? Especially one that was such a supporter of Garrosh.
    Saurfang: They've said it once. He's too OLD. Also, have we even seen him since Wrath?

Any non horde: No, just no.
    Anyone else: Who? Gamon? No one else has enough screen time to be a horde leader!

So yeah, breaking it all Down, Vol'jin is the most logical choice. Even if it is "Boring" or "Obvious" as a few of you said, I am happy that's what they went with, as opposed to some.. curveball.

Thrall was the obvious choice. The wash up part is just a bad decision from Blizzard in an expansion we are all trying to forget. Even with that, he was STILL a much better choice than Vol'jin, who has done NOTHING to be Warchief and is just a watered down version of Thrall.

You dont fix a bad decision (Thrall's showing all every two steps in Cata) with another bad decision (making the watered down version of Thrall Warchief instead of the true Warchief, the one Vol'jin knew it was, the one Varian knew it was).
    Thrall always was, is, and will be my true Warchief. Garrosh and Vol'jin werent/arent.

At least the ending was better than "There must always be an angry orc warchief." I thought Vol'Jin was the most logical choice, half of the characters people are upset about Blizz not picking for warchief are stupid ass choices to begin with as a lot of them are underdeveloped characters or characters the rest of the horde would have issues following, Vol'Jin is a character any horde player knows pretty well from over the years, he's always been there.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-09-12 at 05:12 PM.

Vol'jin looks cool. Who cares about Anduin Wrynn lore now. I hope new race model update will make trolls look like Vol'jin! And he's tall. Tall people are respected. Jah man!

I am a big fan of leaders who are humble and reluctant to take the reins of power, but will do so for the greater good of their country/army/Horde, etc., and so I kinda like this. I hate that Troll-theme is the go-to thing for Blizzard, but this is still kinda cool. I think it was obvious when Voljin got a new model.

I couldnt tell if Voljin had a smirk like "haha I finally got it! Time to usher in a new Troll-topia!" or if thats just the way his ugly troll face looks, but still, this leaves a lot of cool story development in the future.

I think the other possible choices were weak compared to Voljin, and still, it feels weird having a troll Warchief. I think it gives the orcs a good reason to step up to the plate and earn the dominant position back in their own damn Horde.
    "I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    At least the ending was better than "There must always be an angry orc warchief." I thought Vol'Jin was the most logical choice, half of the characters people are upset about Blizz not picking for warchief are stupid ass choices to begin with as a lot of them are underdeveloped characters or characters the rest of the horde would have issues following, Vol'Jin is a character any horde player knows pretty well from over the years, he's always been there.
    This indeed. Every other choice other than Vol'jin and Thrall are underdeveloped for it, even Lor'themar when you put him in comparison to the other two. So it was always between Thrall and Vol'jin, and personally, I like Vol'jin a lot over Thrall. Thrall's morals were really lacking in this end cinematic, and he constantly looked like he had something stuck up his ass. I don't want to follow some grumpy old green boogieman who is way too busy being a family man either way. Doesn't matter if he's an Orc, Troll, Tauren, or even an Undead, Blood Elf or Goblin, he doesn't need to be a specific race to be someone you want to follow.

Hard to respect a leader who can't speak in full sentences or stand upright.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a long-suffering WoW addict, I've had plenty of time to play on both sides of the fence. The past 18 months have been strictly Alliance for me, in no small part due to the aggression and hubris of Garrosh.

I don't like Wrynn either, but he was the lesser of two evils.

Vol'jin has me rerolling Horde once again, and it feels good man.

If you hate vol'jin then get off horde and go play ally so i can kill you