Poll: Your thoughts

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Too be completely honest, I'm tremendously stoked for this choice!

In my honest opinion it should have been him as soon as Thrall stepped down, but Thrall couldn't see past his love for Grom and wanted too honor him by making Garrosh warchief and screwed the horde in the process.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I think you have it backwards. His tribe was being rounded up and oppressed right after Garrosh had him knifed; the Kor'kron are rounding them up as "traitors to the Horde" as soon as 5.1. Rumours of Vol'jin's survival didn't circulate until far later... and besides, coming back to secure his holdings and rescue his people doesn't make him a bad leader.

What was he supposed to do? Keep his head down forever until the Darkspear tribe doesn't even exist anymore?
    It's an issue of the patch structure in game. Sometimes events don't happen chronologically like the patches. Technically the oppression started in 5.1, but wouldn't be shown until 5.3 because otherwise it'd spoil the whole revolution thing that was going to happen.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

What? Vol'jin has been portrayed as someone respected among darkspear trolls since early Cata.

And what exactly was painful about book?
    Corrected. Darkspear trolls are a low population of island trolls. They are the worst "trolli-ish" variants of Troll race (Farraki are more awesome than all Island trolls, at least, they are cannibal/undead users!!!).
    But Vol'jin in the cinematic looks awesome. I miss ol'good Zul'jin, but whatever...we have a nice Troll leader after all (and becoming from the Darkspears, this is awesome) that become a warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the overall outcome is simply.. it could have been worse.

My real concern now is that of the orcs. The orcs are warcraft, no matter whos leading it, they are what the franchise is built upon, and this doesn't change that fact.

Blizzard has a f**king orc wolf rider outside its head office.
    #boycottchina

So is Org going to be dismantled and rebuilt with giant straw / wood huts? Just wondering.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

My real concern now is that of the orcs. The orcs are warcraft, no matter whos leading it, they are what the franchise is built upon, and this doesn't change that fact.

Don't worry your beer drinking head, Trassk. Thrall will still be the Orc High Shaman, he just won't be Warchief at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    So is Org going to be dismantled and rebuilt with giant straw / wood huts? Just wondering.
    I freaking wish.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    Corrected. Darkspear trolls are a low population of island trolls. They are the worst "trolli-ish" variants of Troll race (Farraki are more awesome than all Island trolls, at least, they are cannibal/undead users!!!).
    But Vol'jin in the cinematic looks awesome. I miss ol'good Zul'jin, but whatever...we have a nice Troll leader after all (and becoming from the Darkspears, this is awesome) that become a warchief.
    Corrected WRONG.

As a Shadow Hunter Vol'jin is respected even by Zandalari.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Yeah it's pathetic. I would've rather ANY of the racial leaders (well okay, except the goblin) become the Warchief of the Horde than this idiot. It should always be an orc, and even leaving out Thrall (the obvious and best choice) there were other good candidates. I simply can't respect a troll as Warchief. The lore nut inside of me wants to faction change now. Now that the orcs are broken, Sylvanas and the Forsaken are the only reason I have left to prefer the Horde over the Alliance. I wasn't surprised it was Vol'jin, though. They've been building him up so much lately, it was rather obvious. But I couldn't help feeling a massive wave of disappointment when I saw it confirmed. As a conservative, it gave me about the same feeling as when Obama won the election again.
    Make up your fucking mind before you rant, you contradicted yourself in the first sentence...

Anyways I think a good choice. Kind of obvious but whatever.
    Last edited by McCronCronz; 2013-09-12 at 07:10 PM.

I like the trolls...but given their history they are not fit to lead, and that includes Vol'Jin, I'm really disappointed in that choice, and I do not feel any allegiance to the horde with such a leader...and Lore being the only reason I'm playing the game, I might actually stop playing when the new expec hits the shelves....very disappointed
    Legionnaire Nazgrim yells: Thrall's balls! They're everywhere...

Thanks to Shyama for the lovely signature

Have been waiting for this for a long time (well at least since Garrosh was made Warchief), don't you see, it HAD to be Vol'Jin.

I'm with you, but the franchise has changed too much.
    We had 8 years with Bad orcs (Old Horde) vs Good Humans, and we changed to lot of races, lot's of heros and lot's of lore-characters and If any of them take "the bad way", they are going to be killed (for loot). Garrosh it's the first one that survived (coff kil'jaeden coff), but I'm not sure If he is going to "survive" that trial.

So, it's normal that the main things like bad orcs turned to just orcs, and then to orcs with friends, and now, some races with a troll leader. Maybe the Horde fans (like me, and I thing, like you), are not seeing that changes with good eyes, but it's inevitable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I have a feeling that the new capital would be closer to senjin village - perhaps a goblin highway or even linked with one big underground tunnel or something.

It would be epic to see orgrimmar expand just to say 'fuck off varian'.

Voljin as warchief was 100 percent predictable. This example of blizz sayng we will be surprised by the choice in new warchief is typical of their lack of understanding what a surprise is. I decided not to renew my subscription after patch 5.4 was released on the ptr. Voljin as warchief isn't enough to get my 15 bucks back.

Hopefully they'll do better with the next expansion. That is the only way they'll get me to renew.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imoldgreg View Post
    quit over lore? LOL
    Well you'd put down a book or stop watching a film if you thought it was shit, wouldn't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Well you'd put down a book or stop watching a film if you thought it was shit, wouldn't you?
    if the book was ungrammatical or poorly spelled, if it was entirely illogically structured, yes,
    if i merely did not agree with the direction the author took the story, probably would stick with it just to see where it goes.

- - - Updated - - -

if i wanted every story to lead where i wanted and expected it to, i would only read books that i myself wrote.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    if the book was ungrammatical or poorly spelled, if it was entirely illogically structured, yes,
    if i merely did not agree with the direction the author took the story, probably would stick with it just to see where it goes.
    thats.. really dumb, gotta say. I've read many books in the past which i lost interest in. They say if a book cannot capture you by the first chapter, its not worth carrying on with it. Why should the story in a game be any different? I've played many games which claim to have an engaging story, but just end up being silly or withdrawn from what i'm expecting. And wow being a story heavy game is one I expect a good story from.
    #boycottchina

Nice words. But there are people that has not the same temper like you, and after more than 7 years "reading" things that don't like, it's normal that people just un-sub only for lore (me too, but I want to do LFR-Garrosh first).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    I'm with you, but the franchise has changed too much.
    We had 8 years with Bad orcs (Old Horde) vs Good Humans, and we changed to lot of races, lot's of heros and lot's of lore-characters and If any of them take "the bad way", they are going to be killed (for loot). Garrosh it's the first one that survived (coff kil'jaeden coff), but I'm not sure If he is going to "survive" that trial.

So, it's normal that the main things like bad orcs turned to just orcs, and then to orcs with friends, and now, some races with a troll leader. Maybe the Horde fans (like me, and I thing, like you), are not seeing that changes with good eyes, but it's inevitable.
    I think considering how some of the developers have boasted about how the franchise is and always will be 'orcs vs humans', this is just another piece of bullshit thrown this way. And considering how humans are now the defacto race of the alliance, with its high king, pissed off psycho mage ruler, and prince pussy, its hard to listen to people saying 'the franchise needs to split away from the orcs vs humans aspect!', when clearly they are not splitting away from it with humans being in charge.

As a result of whats happened with Varian, Jaina and Anduin in charge, and now trolls representing the horde.. its change the franchise, its now trolls vs humans.
    #boycottchina

I laugh when I hear people say "The trolls used to rule a great deal of Azeroth." Because, I can just as equally make this comparison:
    "My poop was once tasty, tasy food. Revel in its wonder!"

But seriously, hoping that the bridging patches get all the pvp crap out of the way, so that I can get back to killing off incoming naga and demons before closing down Wrathion's Titan factory.
    Then, we can duke it out. And afterwards, send the Orcs and Draenei back to Outland.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what the most hilarious part of this thread is? Despite the poll results clearly showing that people are overall okay with Vol'jin as leader, a few very loud people are still going to insist in every single thread that "MOST PEEPL THNIK HE SUKS N WIL KWIT LUL".
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.