Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryk View Post
    Ran Assassination this week and it was extremely strong compared to the other DPS classes. On single target Patchwerk fights I was around 15-20k DPS ahead of the 2nd person and on multi-dot fights I was neck and neck with spriests. I'm curious to how Combat is performing in SoO though.
    Kicking the combat rogue in my guild's ass so far and he's been complaining about his energy issues since SS slowed combat way down. But, I thought most people said that combat was going to take a huge dps hit anyways until they can get AoC. Prolly won't be useful trying to compare specs til later on once they're starting to gear out and switching over to t16 over t15.

So far assassination seems strong and I know that assassination scales well so I hope they didn't change anything with how nicely we scale and we continue to be a strong class. I just hope we don't end up like warriors did in 5.2 and start off in a blaze of glory and then a couple week later end up back of the bus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I ended up gemming for pure Combat instead of doing a mixture of Mut/Combat gems and with AoC, Combat is so much fun and that is coming from someone who hates playing Combat. Im rocking 2pc T16, AoC, and a Fist wep from one of the bosses in there. On Malk, the closest thing to patchwerk with my gear, I was 36K ahead of the 2nd on Damage WW Monk when Malk fell over dead. Sadly though, I couldn't compare against the other Rogues in my raid group that play Mutilate right now due to shitty computers/lack of interest in normal modes.
    Last edited by Deafyx; 2013-09-12 at 08:36 AM.

Apparantly I have to play combat even though I don't have AoC since I have better weapons, So I'll tell you how it goes. I suspect that it will be quite good on garrosh and paragons since padflurry is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by AscSinister View Post
    Apparantly I have to play combat even though I don't have AoC since I have better weapons, So I'll tell you how it goes. I suspect that it will be quite good on garrosh and paragons since padflurry is amazing
    Well, it all depends if that additional damage is actually required by the fight. Padding meter is useless otherwise.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

When I play, I'll be playing assassination. Probably just taking a break from serious raiding for awhile though.

I most likely will stay Assasination for all fights. i played t14 combat, but changen shortly before t15 (due to dagger drops). Best choice i ever made, Assasination is so much easier and nicer to play.)

Though we dont have any combat rogues in our 25 man group so i wont be able to compare to other specs. Also i dont have a slow weapon to even play combat.

I was topping meters in my guild, with ilvl 547 (got chest from ordos, so playing with 2t15). I was pretty much always first on our damage meters. 3rd boss at around 220k, with a lot of ad killings (though i also went down first as i am probably the best dps in the group). and on sha i pulled around 280k with 7% raid damage, the next one had 6,5% and most were at 6% (like 5 or 6) and rest under. the ones before i dont recall atm.
    I think assa will stay the best spec. Even when sims say that combat and assa are on par, you will never be likely to reach the simed dps as combat. also poison ticks are pretty good.
    Tried a few times galakras yesterday (was on the group going up) but cleave as assasination is still huge, especially with the cloak (about 7% of our damage).

Got normal Assurance and a Fist from the Panda bosses so I'm going to try Combat. Mildly excited since I've been playing Assassination for a long time.

Deleted
    Is sub good yet?

i'm so damn tired of assas and i never liked combat (don't ask, i dunno.... just don't like it) so i guess, i might be playing sub at least for SoO normal mode. my whole raid is geared in ToT hcs so i shouldn't be that much of a pain in their asses.

Other rogues have gotten so much more gear than me, I'm definately going to have to play combat to keep up.

Also, combat is alot nicer to play now, I really enjoy it alot more than assass after 5.4, I really recommend trying it.

Deleted
    Did some bosses with Mutilate, didn't feel the need to switch to combat. I did pass on AoC though.

Likely sticking with Assassination. To me it runs smoother than the others, but then again I haven't tried the others since the beginning of the expansion.

Got axe from Paragon of Klaxxi so I swapped over. Really nice for Garrosh adds since Blade Flurry and Cloak Proc just wreck the adds.

Well I got lucky and AoC dropped for me in Flexi on day 1. But to hell with Combat :P

Maybe I'll try it out later, but unless they finally ditch this stupid 2-spec system it's always going to be a pain to swap out of Sub since I need it for PVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Got a warforged AoC to drop and was able to get it, switching to combat to try it out next week on heroics and see how it compares to the other rogue.

i got a normal AoC from a coin and went back combat with dual 549 weapons. had to regem for pure haste as per shadowcraft(sitting at 54.7%) but have zero energy issues. Outdpsing all but maybe our other rogue(and i still beat him a fair amount this week) in my 25 man single target and everyone on cleave fights. Cooldowns just come up so often(still using 4pc t15)...it's pretty great. Our other rogue is now 551 ilvl assassination and im only 547. The trinket and the cloak were my only upgrades this week actually.

Combat is in a much better spot with this trinket than i anticipated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely i will pick Assassination as the spec for me.

Deleted
    Only did the first 5 bosses last night, but I was positively surprised at how freely I could swap between assa and combat. Fallen Protectors seemed ideal for combat, and I almost managed to beat our warlock and spriest with it. On Galakras I went combat again, and beyond the excitement of 1.15M DPS on pull, that fight was just tailored for Blade Flurry.

It's great to get to play another spec without feeling you gimp the raid. If this continues I'll be swapping between assa and combat on a fight-to-fight basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachtobi View Post
    It's great to get to play another spec without feeling you gimp the raid. If this continues I'll be swapping between assa and combat on a fight-to-fight basis.
    I've been doing this as well. The freedom to swap without any major disadvantages is something I've wanted for our class for a long time.

How are you gemming/reforging, btw?

Since haste seems to be better for assassination than mastery is for combat, I've been going with combat gems/reforging, but I'm curious to know what others have been doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    I've been doing this as well. The freedom to swap without any major disadvantages is something I've wanted for our class for a long time.

How are you gemming/reforging, btw?

Since haste seems to be better for assassination than mastery is for combat, I've been going with combat gems/reforging, but I'm curious to know what others have been doing.
    That is how I started the Tier, swapping between both specs which is something I have wanted to do to get rid of the boredom of playing one spec all tier. While I like doing this, my raid uses DKP so gearing up both specs at a similar rate just doesn't work out for me. Once one of the specs fall off gear wise, I will most likely only end up playing Combat for the cleave fights, if my Mutilate gear ends up falling off, then its no biggie because AoC realllllly makes up for the gap between the 2 specs on single target. At the moment I am Combat due to the fact that I coined AoC as well as a fist wep on Tuesday (better weps for Combat because Heroic Throne was shitty for rogues in my raid only dropping 3 heroic daggers which each Rogue got a piece of).

Honestly, Combat is looking good thus far, but until one of the Rogues come back and I compare I have not defaulted to a certain spec.