Thread: Galen Trollbane

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Galen Trollbane

So with Vol'Jin being the new warchief I had this tickling at the back of my brain that something had happened during Cata that might hold some precedence now. It took me awhile, but I found it.

Sylvanas resurected Galen Trollbane, who in turn reclaimed Trol'Kalar. The sword is meant to be used against Trolls, since it inflicts more damage to them and negates a trolls regeneration ability. But there isn't that much information on it so I'm not sure where else to go with this, just thought it was interesting enough to share and I am generally curious to see what other people might have to say.

(All my information comes from Wowpedia, but there isn't much "Official" to look at so meh)

I don't see Sylvanas going after Vol'jin unless he was to do something she didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cyber-Dalek Master View Post
    I don't see Sylvanas going after Vol'jin unless he was to do something she didn't like.
    Me either, but Sylvanas has done a lot of things I didn't expect. I just found it interesting that Trol'Kalar is "back" with a Troll warchief. It's also not like Galen can't be killed or the sword can't be stolen either. There are a few things that could happen.

Then again it's not unlike Blizz to forget their own lore either, so we could potentially never hear about it again either >.<

I think if she attacked Vol'jin she would have the rest of the Horde on her ass and it probably wouldn't be too hard to convince the Alliance to help them.

Time will tell. I mean prior to 5.4 Vol'jin told Alliance players "You go into Orgrimmar alone, maybe I let them kill you and give your dead to Sylvanas." Why would she want to attack him after saying he would willing expand her numbers? Vol'jin will be a great Warchief!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cyber-Dalek Master View Post
    Time will tell. I mean prior to 5.4 Vol'jin told Alliance players "You go into Orgrimmar alone, maybe I let them kill you and give your dead to Sylvanas." Why would she want to attack him after saying he would willing expand her numbers? Vol'jin will be a great Warchief!
    That was him goading the Alliance that weren't willing to work with him. He wasn't necessarily speaking honestly.

I get the feeling that Sylvanas will become a villain in the not-too-distant future, though I'm not sure this thread's suggesting anything that will come to pass. It's certainly an interesting thing to think about,t hen.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    I think if she attacked Vol'jin she would have the rest of the Horde on her ass and it probably wouldn't be too hard to convince the Alliance to help them.
    Ya, but you seem to be thinking she would just straight out attack Vol'jin with it. Realistically she could just do something like kill Galen, and set up someone else to do the deed so that it can't lead back to her at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    That was him goading the Alliance that weren't willing to work with him. He wasn't necessarily speaking honestly.

I get the feeling that Sylvanas will become a villain in the not-too-distant future, though I'm not sure this thread's suggesting anything that will come to pass. It's certainly an interesting thing to think about,t hen.
    Ya, that's what I was thinking and why I thought I would share it. It may lead to nothing but it can be fun to imagine what might happen XD

I think she raised him in an ongoing effort to secure the various royals of the eastern kingdoms. She probably has Llane Wrynn locked up somewhere as well.

Sylvanas wants to see what Vul'jin is capable of. Speak to her once you've killed Garrosh - her chat text is very passive aggressive. And by 'passive aggressive' I mean more of "direct threat."

Quote Originally Posted by Nakauri View Post
    Sylvanas wants to see what Vul'jin is capable of. Speak to her once you've killed Garrosh - her chat text is very passive aggressive. And by 'passive aggressive' I mean more of "direct threat."
    What does she say? I haven't seen the after raid chats and I haven't been able to find any outside Varians >.<

I can see Blizz returning Gilneas as an alliance questing zone, while the Horde finally take control of Stromgarde.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    I can see Blizz returning Gilneas as an alliance questing zone, while the Horde finally take control of Stromgarde.
    The Horde will not take Stromgarde. The Alliance are in a position of strength and Varian has vowed to be proactive. He specifically says that Sylvanas must be contained.

No more Horde territorial expansion conquering Alliance lands from here on out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    The Horde will not take Stromgarde. The Alliance are in a position of strength and Varian has vowed to be proactive. He specifically says that Sylvanas must be contained.

Well I wouldn't mind if Galen actually died and Danath got the Trol'Kalar back and took back the kingdom and brought a large force of his people down on Gilneas to help liberate it.

I wouldn't mind either if Velen and Genn Greymane are on their way to the kingdom and with the Alliance Forces go and reclaim that place, and have Danath Trollbane come later and get his sword to afterwards and there would be another main helper to the Alliance again.
    For the Horde!

Yeah, I'd like to see Danath return and reclaim Stromgarde, but it's been mentioned since Cataclysm and Blizzard's response has been "Nah, Alliance can't reclaim Stromgarde because it would take away from developing content in the next expansion."

Essentially that's been their stance on why they don't want to change ANYTHING post-Orgrimmar to show Alliance victory; they don't want to divert resources from the expansion to make changes to the old areas again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    That would be so bad it wouldn't be funny.

Also it would be flat out dumb. The Alliance have layed claim to it for a long time and for the Horde to just waltz in and kill the remaining Humans inside would cause another war which given their state they cannot win and combined with Varian's threat would be the end of the Horde.

Gilneas gets some small quests to do with making it habitable. Danath returns and reclaims Stromgarde from the Ogres and Syndicate to restore Stromgarde to it's former glory.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-09-13 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post

Not to mention that Arathi is a huge focal point. It's the gateway to lower EK and allows for access to both hillsbrad and hinterlands. Besides, Galen getting that sword back doesn't add up to much besides it being a symbol of power in Stormgarde. It doesn't have any special powers except that vs evil/trolls. If it becomes corrupted then maybe. One of the only things it might be able to do is lure Danath Trollbane to Arathi and the Alliance losing him would hurt.

But that's saying that Blizz even remember who Danath is at this point >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    But that's saying that Blizz even remember who Danath is at this point >.>
    Well we have that once Dwarf at Refuge Point mentioning him. It would be a bad move on Blizzards part to just forget that. As far as I'm concerned they've got the Alliance story rolling in a good direction.

Even if Gilneas turns out to not be habitable for the next couple years then so be it. So long as some solid acknowledgement is given to the zone that establish the position of the Worgen and their home.
    Have Stromgarde reclaimed.

If Blizzard can do that in the near future then by god the Alliance will have a lot of momentum again in their story. Throw in Kul Tiras as well in another expansion and we got ourselves a party.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Well we have that once Dwarf at Refuge Point mentioning him. It would be a bad move on Blizzards part to just forget that. As far as I'm concerned they've got the Alliance story rolling in a good direction.

Even if Gilneas turns out to not be habitable for the next couple years then so be it. So long as some solid acknowledgement is given to the zone that establish the position of the Worgen and their home.
    Have Stromgarde reclaimed.

If Blizzard can do that in the near future then by god the Alliance will have a lot of momentum again in their story. Throw in Kul Tiras as well in another expansion and we got ourselves a party.
    Ya, but Blizz likes to shove things under a rock and forget about them for years. How many people even remember Arthas had a sister? She is still alive, just been MIA. she got a part in his book and a copper coin to fish up in the Dalaran fountain that's the extent of her impact thus far. >.<

- - - Updated - - -

I guess now that I see the extent of lore that is hovering over Arathi I worry that it might go by the wayside for a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    Ya, but Blizz likes to shove things under a rock and forget about them for years. How many people even remember Arthas had a sister? She is still alive, just been MIA. she got a part in his book and a copper coin to fish up in the Dalaran fountain that's the extent of her impact thus far. >.<
    She is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    She is dead.
    Oh? I hate to ask this, but where is your proof?