Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do you beat the ox with a team that doesnt take a bunch of duplicates.

Lil Oondasta hits like a truck holy hell

Quote Originally Posted by Ofire View Post
    I used the pandaren water spirit and zandalari kneebiter. I start with the water spirit use geyser first then whirlpool, I switch to the kneebiter use hunting party and after hunting party is done I use Bloodfang. Zao is now dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ofire View Post
    You can 2 pet Zao, just using the Sunreaver Micro Sentry - Fel Immolate, Call Lightning, Fel Immolate till pet dies.
    Zandalari Anklerender - Black Claw, Hunting Party

And just fill your third slot with a random pet, thats how I did him he was dead before i needed to bring out the 3rd pet^^

Thanks for this mate, i'm about to do the Tournament myself.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    You can 2 pet Zao, just using the Sunreaver Micro Sentry - Fel Immolate, Call Lightning, Fel Immolate till pet dies.
    Zandalari Anklerender - Black Claw, Hunting Party

And just fill your third slot with a random pet, thats how I did him he was dead before i needed to bring out the 3rd pet^^
    Exactly...

10+ Year Old Account
    I havent gotten far yet, but this weekend I plan to spend some proper time on it, rather than random pot-shots. I have to say though, Taran Zhu is absolute bullshit. Humanoids with Critter abilities, ow ow ow.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Ye. He is very annoying to fight against. Use a team of beasts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandas View Post
    Have anyone actually tried using apocalypse on the 4 last pets? I really would like to know if I can make a 2 tank 1 roach team.
    I tried it. Roach + double Rabbit Burrow/Dodge. Did not work. Apocalypse only did 35% hp

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I havent gotten far yet, but this weekend I plan to spend some proper time on it, rather than random pot-shots. I have to say though, Taran Zhu is absolute bullshit. Humanoids with Critter abilities, ow ow ow.
    I used 3 undeads on the 3 pandaren monks he had when I battled him, they melted his monks!

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    I used 3 undeads on the 3 pandaren monks he had when I battled him, they melted his monks!
    Wat. His monks do strong damage vs undead pets.... :I

10+ Year Old Account
    I used undead pets for the monks as well, curse of doom then nuke repeat 3 times for an easy win :P

oondasta is pretty easy i just use the same tactic i use on the ox :P

I think the tiger is the most challenging one due to his massive heal if you don't block him >.< the jade serpent can't heal so you just need to use huge damage abilities, the chicken just let him waste his heal at the start and then nuke :P
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-09-13 at 09:54 PM.

Deleted
    I used a Creepy Crate and Fossilized hatchling against Taran Zhu with Bonestorm, didn't even need to use a 3rd pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    Curse of doom, plus the ghostly skulls nuke that stuns your skull switch around rinse repeat till dead They eat them^

Deleted
    I beat it today, pets i used.

Part 1: Chen / Taran Zhu / Wrathion

Chen: Lil' Smoky (Several other mechanical pets with same abilities) Alpine Foxling, Gahz Rooki. 2 - 3 shot first pet with lil'smoky, soak damage from 2nd pet with Lil'smoky, swap to Foxling, use 100% Damage increase and two shot pet, on his 3rd pet i used the 100% Dmg increase again and tried to get as many spells of as i could before dying, then swapping to gahz'rooki and used "Swallow you whole"

Wrathion: Silkbead Snail, Zandalari Kneebiter, Voodoo Figurine. Start fight with snail, use the Shell shield ability to completely negate his frost thingy, use dive before the meteor hits and use absorb to get him down. On second pet swap to kneebiter for a quick 3 shot with his amazing burst kit. Last pet, use vodoo figurines sear magic to clear his meteor debuff.

Taran Zhu: Lesser Voidcaller, Nordrassil Wisp, Red moth (Yes i didnt use any undead pets for this fight) Start fight with voidcaller, use curse of doom for insane damage, swap when he stuns to red moth, cast moth dust, the rest of the fight just repeats like this.

Part 2:

Xu-Fu: Sun reaver micro-sentry, Lil'bling, Blue clockwork robot. I managed to kill him by only using 2 pets, sun reaver use immolation and call lightning, when it dies use lil'bling which has an amazing kit for this fight (He has a stampede / coin toss which deals alot of small damage to trigger lightning storm more)

Zao: Son of Animus, Darkmoon Tonk, Red moth. Started by smacking him up a bit with son of animus, i didn't really have a strategy but it seems that he's pretty much soloable with darkmoon tonk alone. Brought him low then used ion cannon for massive damage.

yu'la: Mr.Bigglesworth, Peddlefeet, Red moth (Yes i like my red moths ) Bigglesworth is an amazing pet for this fight, i started with basic attack, then when she flies use the 2 attack shield thing, pass your turn (because you will be faster than yu'la) then cast Ice tomb, repeat until you're dead. Then peddlefeet to finish him off.

Chi-Chi: Corefire imp, Phoenix hatchling, Fel flame. Start with imp, apply the wild magic debuff, dot up and use immolation aura, swap pet to fel flame, apply dots, swap back to imp and reapply wild magic, swap to phoenix and dot up, should be dead now.

These are not guaranteed to work, i didnt do much theory crafting or strategising, i just beat my head against the wall trying to find a comp suitable and in the end it worked out

- - - Updated - - -

I think only one of them does strong damage against undead, so best scenario is to have a counter to that one

Deleted
    Im killing him the same on live. start with kt to put up doom, since the 1st panda is the most annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    the chicken just let him waste his heal at the start and then nuke :P
    That's not possible. The heal cannot miss and has no CD. Furthermore, even if you use an attack first turn it will heal everything back. I don't possibly see how it can be wasted.

For Chi-Chi I just used

Crawling Claw - Curse of doom
    Father Winter's Helper - Ice Tomb
    Chrominius - Howl, Surge of power

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    To think that so much devs time actually go into this nonsense is just ... well imho it's just wrong. Not to be hater or anything, but I don't see the Warcraft in this and it is really sad for me to see this being given so much attention rather then blizz focusing on entirely different and much more important areas.

On topic, I guess this will be a very useful guide for some players out there and I respect that but seriously, this has no business being in the game. HearthStone as a mini-game would be in my eyes much more fitting to the theme than this, it's really just a shame.
    They have a different team working on it, but that's already been answered.

Personally I find Pet Battles to be very shallow and under-designed and if I wanted to play them, I'd just play Pokemon again or something and get a much better experience out of it; but that's just me. They're a fun little distraction sometimes, at least.

I feel the same way with fucking Hearthstone, but when it comes to Hearthstone, Blizzard is pushing it like it's an actual stand-alone game or something and that makes it even worse.

DOOOOH LOOK AT US WE'RE MAKING A SHALLOW RIP OFF OF MAGIC THE GATHERING WITH WARCRAFT CHARACTERS LOL LOL LOL IT'S AN ACTUAL GAME WE SWEAR

Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    They have a different team working on it, but that's already been answered.

Personally I find Pet Battles to be very shallow and under-designed and if I wanted to play them, I'd just play Pokemon again or something and get a much better experience out of it; but that's just me. They're a fun little distraction sometimes, at least.

I feel the same way with fucking Hearthstone, but when it comes to Hearthstone, Blizzard is pushing it like it's an actual stand-alone game or something and that makes it even worse.

DOOOOH LOOK AT US WE'RE MAKING A SHALLOW RIP OFF OF MAGIC THE GATHERING WITH WARCRAFT CHARACTERS LOL LOL LOL IT'S AN ACTUAL GAME WE SWEAR
    Some of us didn't play pokemon, that was more my little sisters time (she's 7 years younger than me) So I'm not too knowledgeable about Pokemon, and when Pet Battles were first explained I didn't have a feeling for them either way really, I was more a collector, but I gave them a shot and love them, they are fun and not super complicated which is a nice little extra to spend some time on, but I get plenty of fun and enjoyment out of them!

Hearthstone is actually a lot of fun too, Blizzard have a TCG (although they are stopping it now) So really in my eyes taking it to digital format and refining it seems like a good idea, CCG's are a big thing right now, it'd be silly not to take advantage of that, MTG isn't the only card game out there.

In the end it's a free game that you can put in as much or as little as you want, it has alot of replay value and is very polished as I expect from Blizzard I'm hooked and I don't really play CCG's. Each to their own