Resto Shaman 5.4 Discussion

Who thinks that we are too over powered right now and see a nerf incoming?

No one
    /thread

Our performance looks strong to dominating across the 2nd - 5th bosses of the instance. After that, we are barely appearing in top 10 lists, even on Shaman niche fights like Thok. Raidbots should be updated in a few days, but I doubt that we are going to be the #1 aggregate healer, let alone dominating at anything close to the level of Priests in 5.1, Monks in 5.0 and Paladins in 5.3.

In a US 42nd 25 man guild, I have been top 11/14 bosses. Most fights I am over 30-100k hps over the 2nd healer. There is no way we are not going to be nerfed.

Just looking at what is happening in your personal raid is useless for determining class balance, because it's skewed by both raid comp and by differing skill levels of the individual players. Here is top 10 for each 25 man fight so far.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/.../#tab-25Normal

Protectors, Norushen and Sha of Pride are the only fights that Shaman are disproportionately dominating, and they are all stacked niche fights that they should be doing well at. Galakras logs are bugged; they are only recording the dragon phase of the boss (the stacked phase). I don't see how being the strongest healer on 3-4 of 14 fights is something that requires nerfs.

I switched to Resto with my ele gear on protectors/norushen last night because our druid/priest couldn't quite handle 2 healing it. With 4k spirit and 94% mastery I beat our OP disc by 40k hps on Norushen... I hope we don't get nerfed it was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Just looking at what is happening in your personal raid is useless for determining class balance, because it's skewed by both raid comp and by differing skill levels of the individual players. Here is top 10 for each 25 man fight so far.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/.../#tab-25Normal

Protectors, Norushen and Sha of Pride are the only fights that Shaman are disproportionately dominating, and they are all stacked niche fights that they should be doing well at. Galakras logs are bugged; they are only recording the dragon phase of the boss (the stacked phase). I don't see how being the strongest healer on 3-4 of 14 fights is something that requires nerfs.
    Plus its showing flex as normal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Plus its showing flex as normal as well.
    Right, but I doubt many of the top healer rankings are from normal kills that are actually flex, because of the greatly reduced damage. We will have to wait a few days for Raidbots aggregates, but I suspect that they will show that Disc, Druids and Shaman are all within 5% of each other with Monks and Paladins like 10% behind.

Also a lot of the ranks is wrong due to only having half the fight or even rank number 2 healer on noroshen or w.e tht guys name is was a 26 second fight only. 1st was at least over a minute.

So right now hard to tell until wol gets its shit together.

10+ Year Old Account
    So with the changes to Healing Rain and Purifcation I have seen a definite boost in healing. Although my guild has only killed first 4 bosses this week and all except Immerseus is stacking. I feel like on stacking fights we are going to be fine.

here our my logs for my guilds raid this week
    Day 1 I ranked #4 in healing on Norushen, I was really ecstatic when I seen that :P
    Day 2

I think once my guild gets past Galakras I will definitely see a drop in healing cause it is looking like most of the are spread fights.