Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friberg View Post
    Great guide, using it on all my chars, just a small issue, i fucked up with tomtom on one char.

what im trying to say, is there any macro or something to see that you have chests left to open?
    Hmm, can definitely be done.

I will make one tonight if I have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post
    I'm confused. I opened all chest day 1 and have yet to see any of them respawn. Are all of the in a weekly reset?
    The vast majority of them can only be looted once per toon. Six of them are weekly.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

This is gold, thank you so much for your post.

I'm not sure about the "underground chest" (46.6,32.4). At least I don't see a way to get there. Could this possibly be the 'Skeleton Chest' which is underground at 62.9,34.2? That one isn't listed.

is it just me or are the "daily" chests not daily? none of them spawned for me today

Quote Originally Posted by seebs View Post
    is it just me or are the "daily" chests not daily? none of them spawned for me today
    I think they're in fact weekly now, not daily.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seebs View Post
    Yeah, they changed to weekly with the Live patch. Need to fix that part of the guide tonight. Will be a bit after midnight EST probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very helpful thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Are all of the chests that aren't marked with a W or a D only doable once ever on each char?
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Quote Originally Posted by wingram View Post
    Thanks so much for this guide! I believe the chests that you've marked as "D"-daily are actually Weekly and that they normally appear on your mini-map. I'm pretty sure I was able to loot them last Tuesday but not since then.
    The one that you get to via the ropes: I looted that on a alt on patch day (only time ive looted that chest). At the spawn spot now with my main (3 days later?) and no chest.

Could it be once a week / account? or some screwy bug?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elves4ever View Post
    The one that you get to via the ropes: I looted that on a alt on patch day (only time ive looted that chest). At the spawn spot now with my main (3 days later?) and no chest.

Could it be once a week / account? or some screwy bug?
    It may be that you need to do the platform chests in order -- hopping, roping, wings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wingram View Post
    I'm not sure about the "underground chest" (46.6,32.4). At least I don't see a way to get there. Could this possibly be the 'Skeleton Chest' which is underground at 62.9,34.2? That one isn't listed.
    We're referencing the same chest - your coordinates the ones on the "Cavern of Lost Spirits" subzone map and mine are if you are looking at the Timeless Isle map. I'm not sure TomTom works with subzone maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    Are all of the chests that aren't marked with a W or a D only doable once ever on each char?
    it certainly appears that way to me, i guess we will find out next tuesday about the moss ones

FYI, I don't think the second '6' chest (Northeast one) exists on live.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    FYI, I don't think the second '6' chest (Northeast one) exists on live.
    I saw it personally on Tuesday.

You can use this macro to figure out if you have opened it or not:
    Code:
    /run if IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(33209) then print("I have opened this chest.") else print("I have not opened this chest.") end
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-09-13 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I saw it personally on Tuesday.

You can use this macroto figure out if you have opened it or not:
    Code:
    /run if IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(33209) then print("I have opened this chest.") else print("I have not opened this chest.") end
    Thanks... I'll check that out. I've been to that area w/ 3 different toons, and never seen it The other, more southern 6 chest shows up however.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Thanks... I'll check that out. I've been to that area w/ 3 different toons, and never seen it The other, more southern 6 chest shows up however.
    Wouldn't surprise me if it were bugged in some way.

- - - Updated - - -

Map and guide fully updated for Live: all mentions of dailies are removed, several points clarified, and the PTR explanation for the Mysterious Den has been replaced with the confirmed Live method (use Timeless Legends' special abilities).

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    It may be that you need to do the platform chests in order -- hopping, roping, wings.
    Yeah your right, I went back this morning and did the pillar jumping chest and then checked the rope chest and it was there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elves4ever View Post
    Yeah your right, I went back this morning and did the pillar jumping chest and then checked the rope chest and it was there.
    Oh, is that the chest you were talking about?

Yes, it's screwy and not just for you. I actually commented on this to Simca yesterday (but I didn't say which chest it was). I got all the way there only to not be able to see the chest! Another people dropped down right behind me though, and I saw them loot it. I definitely hadn't gotten the chest on any characters on live at that point.

I just logged out on the platform and came back a short while later and there it was. I saw someone loot it right after me, too, so it wasn't like it's the fluke chest with a super long respawn.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Oh, is that the chest you were talking about?

Yes, it's screwy and not just for you. I actually commented on this to Simca yesterday (but I didn't say which chest it was). I got all the way there only to not be able to see the chest! Another people dropped down right behind me though, and I saw them loot it. I definitely hadn't gotten the chest on any characters on live at that point.

I just logged out on the platform and came back a short while later and there it was. I saw someone loot it right after me, too, so it wasn't like it's the fluke chest with a super long respawn.
    I've checked several times a day since Tuesday, but only ever been able to loot once. For me, there are no daily chests. We'll see about weekly.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

yeah, no more daily chests.