Thread: proving ground

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

proving ground

Anyone finding this pretty hard for enhance spec? Have done it on ele spec (with my os resto gear) and flew threw it with ease. now back in my main spec and gear the lack of sustained dmg relying on burst windows isnt enough to get these adds down with all the switches and kiting.

any suggestions?

Field Marshal RagequitTheShaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a 522 Enhance I had no problem with it I 1 shot all of them from bronze to gold and got my achievement with relative ease. I only ever had to use my CDs once and that was on the last one where you have to kill the Sha thing.

What's your ilevel because you may just not be geared enough for it, or the way you're speccd/gemmed could also be a variable. What's the highest round you've gotten to?.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RagequitTheShaman View Post
    What's your ilevel because you may just not be geared enough for it, or the way you're speccd/gemmed could also be a variable. What's the highest round you've gotten to?.
    Item level gets scaled down, that's not a factor.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Field Marshal RagequitTheShaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Item level gets scaled down, that's not a factor.
    Oh yea you're right my bad, could be set bonuses or are those taken out as well? I remember reading all of this but I forget what exactly the changes were

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RagequitTheShaman View Post
    Oh yea you're right my bad, could be set bonuses or are those taken out as well? I remember reading all of this but I forget what exactly the changes were
    yeh gear is scaled to 463. The biggest issue i found was after the scale down i was below the hit cap (dafuq) so fixed that but at times it seems i just have nothing to hit and waiting for cds.. im hexing the monkey and using the klaxxi amber prison to kill adds faster but at times i just dont seem to have enough. Its more an issue with those exploding spirits and the target switching if im stuck on globals

- - - Updated - - -

THIS IS REALLY STARTING TO HACK ME OFF! grrr if hex isnt on cd i end up with areas where im global tied.. normally when a stupid fucking banshee appears.. and yes i mad

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't find it too hard as Enhance. One thing I have heard is that the legendary meta is disabled, so if you have that you are in effect meta less. I did it without putting in a standard one tho, so it is still doable. I did have a little of the trouble you mention of having to swap to a banshee and not having any SS or LL up, but they only blew if I was slow to switch. I think I settled on UF EE for this but gave a hard look to EB. Both have nice burst potential for the above situation. Hex is invaluable, also using a Wind Shear Focus macro on the healer will allow you to grab almost every single heal. When the Sha has its shield up focus other targets and swap to it ASAP when the shield drops because some of those windows are a bit tight. A glyphed cap totem can stun the banshee as it spawns (for the sha wave with a banshee) so you can just cleave it down on the Sha if the shield window is down so you don't have to swap off.

All in all not too bad...I'm kinda struggling with Tank mode Silver as Enhance tho (Bronze was way easier than healer bronze for enh so I 'm trying to get the doin it wrong achiev this way). Tips appreciated. Best I've done is wave 6.

Edit: and yes I think set bonuses are disabled as well (not certain) but it will give you some insight/reminder to how things will be/were without the bonus MW stacks from SS.
    Last edited by shokter; 2013-09-14 at 07:49 PM.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    I didn't find it too hard as Enhance. One thing I have heard is that the legendary meta is disabled, so if you have that you are in effect meta less. I did it without putting in a standard one tho, so it is still doable. I did have a little of the trouble you mention of having to swap to a banshee and not having any SS or LL up, but they only blew if I was slow to switch. I think I settled on UF EE for this but gave a hard look to EB. Both have nice burst potential for the above situation. Hex is invaluable, also using a Wind Shear Focus macro on the healer will allow you to grab almost every single heal. When the Sha has its shield up focus other targets and swap to it ASAP when the shield drops because some of those windows are a bit tight. A glyphed cap totem can stun the banshee as it spawns (for the sha wave with a banshee) so you can just cleave it down on the Sha if the shield window is down so you don't have to swap off.

All in all not too bad...I'm kinda struggling with Tank mode Silver as Enhance tho (Bronze was way easier than healer bronze for enh so I 'm trying to get the doin it wrong achiev this way). Tips appreciated. Best I've done is wave 6.

Edit: and yes I think set bonuses are disabled as well (not certain) but it will give you some insight/reminder to how things will be/were without the bonus MW stacks from SS.
    finally got it done after changing my attack plan but was still finding difficulties in dropping some things when gc locked and left auto attacking for several seconds. Not dared try endless as enhance condering but done half decent as ele. seems really odd that they didnt thing through the whole "melee have to run for x seconds to get to target" when its pretty much a derpfest for ranged specs

Deleted
    What is the best way of doing Proving Grounds as Elemental? I've got through Bronze and Silver very easily, but i am struggeling on gold, due to time running out. I am Full mastery atm, should i go Full Haste?

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    What is the best way of doing Proving Grounds as Elemental? I've got through Bronze and Silver very easily, but i am struggeling on gold, due to time running out. I am Full mastery atm, should i go Full Haste?
    I did the same thing, went through bronze and silver but gold is a little more challenging. Mind you I only tried twice before I went to bed. Having the legendary meta gem disabled and the set bonuses kind of hurt. Before everything's scaled down I had about 15.7k haste, 13.5k mastery (60%) and still had a bit of trouble. Im gonna put more effort in next time I go there.

Deleted
    Going intellect is the way to gem for 463 gear.

Deleted
    What trinkets are you using? Remember that you can use any trinket from 5-man HC's and up, just like in challenge modes. The DMC (agi+agi proc) is by far the best choice, the other could be anything decent (though you want to avoid mastery trinkets if you're going for the offspec tank/healer achieve, since it does not benefit healing at all outside of AG). A random epic helm with the agile meta is also a big advantage, since the legendary is off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    yeh gear is scaled to 463. The biggest issue i found was after the scale down i was below the hit cap (dafuq)
    Surely they haven't re-introduced the reforging bug from the early days of challenge modes? (the one where you lose hit/exp if you reforged crit/haste/mastery into them)
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2013-09-15 at 12:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    Going intellect is the way to gem for 463 gear.
    So i actually have to go with Pure Intelelct gems in red, and Hybrid in Yellow again? 0_O

As enhance Endless to wave 30 took a bit of CD management but it's doable with some effort, positioning and practice, the bronze/silver/gold were pushovers.

Endless 30 with elemental takes a lot of CD management and very good usage of the amber debuff. Elemental mastery is most definitely the best to get you through most of the tighter waves and Ascendance shouldn't only be saved for the sha. I've also picked up Primal ele with the glyph since I spend most of my time kitting amber into mobs and makes EB pretty annoying to use. (Edit2: Gave up on primal ele, went with UF and got 33 waves done with that.)

Other than that get gear with as many sockets as you can, put some int in it and get another meta gem. Tier sets are turned off.

Edit: Might as well add how I did silver tank, it's not easy but definitely doable and having engineering is a plus. Run the whole thing with rockbiter, she kills everything quickly enough so you really only need to control the adds.
    Unless you're late on a wave, she's always gonna target the same add every time so remember which ones you can hex without her fucking it up and if a caster is around make sure you interrupt his fire fountain because it will break your CCs.

There are 2 things that can royally fuck you during that challenge.
    First are the rabbits, earthgrab/thunderstorm is not enough to let her kill them before she gets detroyed by the bleed. What I do is spam CL to grab aggro, use sham rage + astral shift until dmg is unbearable then knock/root and have her finish them, AG + CL to keep you alive works too.
    Second thing that is going to destroy you or her is the mantid from wave 6 to 8. Remember which ones she doesn't attack right off the bat and hex, if a caster breaks it with fire you're fucked. When they can't be CCd all you can do is ping pong with unleash element, slow and root when they run back towards the healer and taunt back whenever you can. Rocket boots come in handy if you get in trouble and you can always use earth elemental for 1 of the last 2 waves.
    Don't forget to ground some of the caster's spells.

The only reason this challenge was so stupid is because our root only lasts 5 seconds, druids have it muuuuuch easier with 20 sec aoe roots.
    Last edited by Estride; 2013-09-15 at 01:40 PM.
    Baltz <Nurfed> - US Tichondrius

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got huge problems with Endless to be honest >.> granted, my gear is a mix of resto and elemental, so I'm way over the hit cap, but if I don't use cooldowns, I can't even get past wave 2, even if I do everything perfectly. would that just be the fact I'm using half resto gear or is there some kind of specific set requirement to get past the first few waves, so you know you do enough dps?
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    Surely they haven't re-introduced the reforging bug from the early days of challenge modes? (the one where you lose hit/exp if you reforged crit/haste/mastery into them)
    really don't know as not done much challenge. all i know is i was 0.5% under hit cap after the gear scale down when im just over normally.
    I only really noticed because i had a LL miss and was like DAFUQQ!!

10+ Year Old Account
    really don't know as not done much challenge. all i know is i was 0.5% under hit cap after the gear scale down when im just over normally.
    If an item only has Hit or Expertise or both as its secondary stats it'll scale them down. Have a side-set of gear with at least one non-Hit non-Expertise stat on each piece.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

elemental and balance are the worst specs for PG because they have the highest LMG uptime, so losing that hits them harder than any other class, checking yesterday every dps spec out of all 11 was 20-110 clears on wave 30 endless, except 16 paladins 6 shamans and 4 druids...that's pretty crappy, if there's not chain lightning spam then a 463 shaman is worthless, thats the only reason we dominate CM's.

edit: now today every class is over 1 page on wowprogress, except 9 shamans and 5 druids.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2013-09-15 at 01:26 PM.

As long as you know 30 waves is achievable by every spec I think it's all that matters. I feel much more rewarded after all the effort I've put into getting the title than just facerolling it with another class.
    Baltz <Nurfed> - US Tichondrius

Deleted
    The bug used to be: if you reforged crit/haste/mastery into hit/exp, then once the crit/haste/mastery is scaled down, the reforged hit/exp is also scaled down. They fixed that for challenge modes, maybe they've re-introduced it here. Check your gear and see if you have any reforges like that, and try zoning in without them.