Poll: What should be done with Garrosh?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

SPOILER: Garrosh Hellscream

Garrosh Hellscream has committed war crimes, person rights violations and atrocities. And he has been arrested.
    Should he get the death penalty? Or Life Imprisonment? Or perhaps rehabilitation than released back into society?
    What do you think his fate should be? Can he be rehabilitated back into society? Is he too dangerous to be kept in custody? Should he be simply executed?

Last edited by Sole-Warrior; 2013-09-15 at 03:45 PM.

Neither. Set him free. Garrosh is the man.

It won't be death penalty. If Blizzard's intention was Garrosh's death, he would die in raid. I voted third option. I don't know what it's going to be but no first two one.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer the Death penalty personally he doesn't deserve to live nor does he deserve to have his fathers blood running in his veins fucking disgraced it. He even threw his axe away really? Son of Hellscream?

Oh, hey. Let me inflict my personal opinion of politics upon the treatment of a fictional story about an overblown cartoon villain.

This is a world in which the person can swing his arm while holding an axe and destroy a robot the size of a building. You can't apply the same laws there as you do here.

On the planet Earth, I am staunchly against the death penalty on the grounds that there's too much overlap between "right" and "wrong" on the issue of how you accomplish it. If it's wrong to murder someone outside of self defense, then an authority murdering someone as punishment is indistinguishable from the kind of serial killer who is doing so because they believe it's a punishment they're handing out as well.

Does this apply to a world where letting this person out, even if you never allowing them to hold a weapon again, will not necessarily stop them from still having the power to kill dozens of people by waving their arms and saying "By fire be purged!"? Completely different reality.

While you can't rehabilitate everyone, you can at least keep them contained. It's hard to contain someone in a world like Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    In progressive countries such as some in northern Europe, there has been evidence that rehabilitation of ranging from theft to some murderers works, but this most likely does not apply to the worst of the worst, such as one as bad as Garrosh.
    You could just start a thread in off topic if you genuinely want to discuss this as an actual political issue you know.

I am holding out hope that he somehow dies in the heroic version of SoO, and they just haven't patched in the cinematic. Keeping the hope alive! >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he's gonna bust out. Maybe it'll be to redeem himself in the eyes of the world. Maybe it'll be to lead an NPC faction of True Horde die-hard followers. I don't know. But there will be a rad prison break that sees him set free.

10+ Year Old Account
    No point in a spoiler tag when the spoilers are in the topic title. Just saying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    Garrosh Hellscream has committed war crimes, person rights violations and atrocities. And he has been arrested.

Should he get the death penalty? Or Life Imprisonment? Or perhaps rehabilitation than released back into society? In progressive countries such as some in northern Europe, there has been evidence that rehabilitation of ranging from theft to some murderers works, but this most likely does not apply to the worst of the worst, such as one as bad as Garrosh.

What do you think his fate should be? Can he be rehabilitated back into society? Is he too dangerous to be kept in custody? Should he be simply executed?

He was developed to much to simply get killed.. Yeah he commited crimes.. But he is one powerfull mofo and since blizz like redemption stories im thinking he migth get release at some point to help the horde or aliance with something..

Like him or hate him he did have the mental fortitude to USE a old god's power and still held his sanity.. Somthing not even titan constructs were able to do.. SO yeah i can imagine him either helping them with something old god related that only he can do since he resisted their corruption.. Or something having to do with demons..

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imprisoned to be freed by the Legion.

...or if theyre going the redemption line. He is freed, to wield Gorehowl against the Pit Lords, carrying on the Hellscream legacy where he will die bravely, like a true orc.

Deleted
    Life inprisonment.
    But I bet he is the Horde Illidan and they will release him in time of Peril.

Next Children's Week. Garrosh will have to babysit all of the children at the same time.
    Well all except for the orc child.

The Pandaren enforce that Garrosh has to live as an Rice Farmer in Pandaria from these day foreward. This work turns out to be so boring and mind numbing that over time, Garrosh will have a change of heart and turn out to be meek pacifist that enjoys life. He then meets Jaina Proudmore one day, changes her heart with his new found life philosophy too and they both become meek rice farmers and throw out some children together, lovely halve orcs who then become rice farmers too.

He will somehow escape or be set freed by an ally (Hello Zaela.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Life inprisonment.
    But I bet he is the Horde Illidan and they will release him in time of Peril.
    Yep, I bet he is going the 'Grom way' redeeming himself by sacrificing himself for the greater good. If there is indeed a Legion Invasion coming the Garrosh event/inprisonment could be somewhat build a bridge to the new expansion story-wise.

Blizzard... Do. Not. Make. Him. Another. Illidan.

Death penalty!

He will redeem himself before he dies in a later raid/patch/xpac/WC4, like his dad.