Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't have gold with my moonkin and I have been raiding heroic since forever, truth be told I didn't invested too much time trying.

I find really stupid the proving grounds, they are not realistic in any way.

for casual gold may be a bit tough. but its defidently smart if you want a smart and efficient group

Why Proving grounds?
    Why not brawlers guild?

Surely brawlers guild actually tests your awareness and ability to not stand in the nasty stuff, atleast it should do it better compared to kitting balls into mobs that don't move.

Ofc this doesn't work for healers and tanks but hey.
    Still think it's a weird idea regardless.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2013-09-15 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Proving grounds is VERY easy to get gold in. If your raiders could not do this, they will surely not be able to handle the simplest of boss mechanics, anyone who left the guild over that was trash that needed to be disposed of anyway. OP is well within his right to require gold proving grounds of his raiders.
    I agree with this

I just returned to the game after 6 months of logging in maybe 1 time every 2 weeks (just afked in shrine), 1 shot everything through gold, got to wave 18 first time on endless mode and 24 as my best attempt (only like 5 total attempts). Shits cake.

/wow/en/character/sargeras/Traxèx/simple (cant post links)

stopped playing a couple weeks after last tiers heroic content started.

Not everybody is good at doing solo content, I personally struggled with getting gold on my balance druid.

I'm a team player and have always been, so I don't see the point in excluding possible recruitments, you are merely denying yourself.
    I might be a DK and "Dks are good at solo content" but proving grounds isnt about solo content. It's about how well you manage your cooldowns and prioritizing adds and avoiding certain abilities while still maintaining high DPS (from a DPS perspective).

and for those of you who don't know, in endless mode, every wave the adds health increases by 1% so I was up to 24% increased health. Could've gotten further but I messed up :[
    Last edited by Traxex9080; 2013-09-15 at 02:02 PM.

It's your guild, man. Set the rules you want and stick to them if you truly believe they are warranted. That's your choice. Obviously, don't cry if people tell you where you can stick your proving grounds requirements and leave. That's their choice.

I'm pretty sure I saw an interview where GC or another dev said that this might be one of the potential uses of PG, along with possibly making it the gating requirement for LFR over ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Why Proving grounds?
    Why not brawlers guild?

Surely brawlers guild actually tests your awareness and ability to not stand in the nasty stuff, atleast it should do it better compared to kitting balls into mobs that don't move.

Ofc this doesn't work for healers and tanks but hey.
    Still think it's a weird idea regardless.
    Should probably take maybe one or two seconds to think about that some more. PG scales gear down, works for tanks and healers, and doesn't require as much as time as Brawler's Guild (queue times).
    Last edited by DetectiveJohnKimble; 2013-09-15 at 02:01 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    RAIDLEADER: k guys everyone do proving grounds they're really cool
    Dude: k
    Bro: k
    Dudebro: k
    Baddy: NO PROVING GROUNDS ARE JUST UNSKILLED UNBALANCED THINGS NOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO DO THEM

That's pretty much how I imagine it happening in every guild where someone is just bad and wants to think of excuses to get out of doing it. It's like someone who is really dumb saying "TESTS DON'T MEAN ANYTHING" trying to sound like an erudite philosopher saying that tests are rarely indicative of actual ability or knowledge. The reality is it's just someone dumb who doesn't want to admit what they are. Same goes with Proving Grounds. It IS easy to get gold. Oh boohoo you can't do ultra maximised super finely balanced DPS...big deal. You don't need to. I think a lot of PVE babbies have no idea how to play without gear and are just butthurt that simple raid mechanics are beyond them.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    I don't have gold with my moonkin and I have been raiding heroic since forever, truth be told I didn't invested too much time trying.

I find really stupid the proving grounds, they are not realistic in any way.
    You don't have gold because you are not trying, that's completely different from not having gold due to being "too hard"

OP your guild sounds very casual. Good luck with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalavaaris View Post
    Id rather prove myself in a raid, not some mini-game set up on the side for some entertainment. Id be kind of offended and most likely tell you to go to hell "requiring" me. HA
    absolutely, i just wouldnt do it. im sure there are many ppl who wouldnt & then what? you kick them, right?
    are we raiding tonight (insert name)? er, no. ive kicked all the healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing PG shows is how well people can perform the test at Norushen, otherwise it's proves nothing.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    Should probably take maybe one or two seconds to think about that some more. PG scales gear down, works for tanks and healers, and doesn't require as much as time as Brawler's Guild (queue times).
    I didn't know it scaled your Ilvl, I stand corrected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxex9080 View Post
    I agree with this

I just returned to the game after 6 months of logging in maybe 1 time every 2 weeks (just afked in shrine), 1 shot everything through gold, got to wave 18 first time on endless mode and 24 as my best attempt (only like 5 total attempts). Shits cake.

/wow/en/character/sargeras/Traxèx/simple (cant post links)

stopped playing a couple weeks after last tiers heroic content started.

I might be a DK and "Dks are good at solo content" but proving grounds isnt about solo content. It's about how well you manage your cooldowns and prioritizing adds and avoiding certain abilities while still maintaining high DPS (from a DPS perspective).

and for those of you who don't know, in endless mode, every wave the adds health increases by 1% so I was up to 24% increased health. Could've gotten further but I messed up :[

well considering the leader boards are dominated by dks (check top 100 endless scores) it says a lot about class balance in there. if you look through you can see which class struggles and then when you htink about said classes ability and game play it becomes obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    absolutely, i just wouldnt do it. im sure there are many ppl who wouldnt & then what? you kick them, right? are we raiding tonight (insert name)? er, no. ive kicked all the healers.
    Trust me, if you're in a guild that cares enough to require proving grounds or brawlers guild or other extensive requirements for their raiders that they've raided with for month or even years, they don't care if you leave or get kicked. I have experience in top world guilds and they kick people from the guild if they mess up once (expecially trials when they're nervous). It's basically a test of loyalty and dedication. Can't do it? gkick. Seen it done. Top guilds don't give 2 shits about their players, they play like it's their job. They'll do whatever they have to to get the best players into the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it only once for shit and giggles, just to see what it is all about... Tried as healer, and wiped twice on Silver..
    Why?
    I have no clue, since the wipes happened once due to expired time, and I cannot control where my group stands. If they stand in fire like the stupid enemy king moving into a fire square during Kara chess, my healing skills are rather insufficient. And Resto Druids aren't exactly the kings of damage dealing in healer spec.
    I can throw some Farie Fires, a Moonfire here and there, and for a little while I can even help with dps popping HotW.
    It may be easy, when giving a little more thought, otherwise it certainly is not as easy as some make it sound it is.

To require Gold in the main spec of a players toon, for a heavily progression oriented guild may be okay. I can see that. But for a casual guild that raids once a week with little progression motivation I think it's an overkill, and may be the death of the raid team.
    Let alone that I do not think how Blizzard put proving grounds into the game to be abused as just another unreasonable requirement made up in players minds.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    I'm pretty sure I saw an interview where GC or another dev said that this might be one of the potential uses of PG, along with possibly making it the gating requirement for LFR over ilvl.
    Before Blizzard can do that and expect it to fly, they'll have to provide spec-specific modifications to Proving Grounds to ensure all specs can perform at the same level. And they'll have to make sure they haven't fucked with that balance every single patch.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Training Dummy/Proving grounds will always be different than Raids.

However, I think it's good to at least prove you have decent damage/awareness to get gold, perhaps you should be less strict but try to make the guild get better gear etc etc?
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Before Blizzard can do that and expect it to fly, they'll have to provide spec-specific modifications to Proving Grounds to ensure all specs can perform at the same level. And they'll have to make sure they haven't fucked with that balance every single patch.
    If I am not mistaken, I remember something like Silver is already sufficient for raiding quality. Overall Proving grounds are mainly meant for people to try specs they are new to or aren't comfortable with, so they don't have to bother groups with their "getting used to" learning curve.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    well considering the leader boards are dominated by dks (check top 100 endless scores) it says a lot about class balance in there. if you look through you can see which class struggles and then when you htink about said classes ability and game play it becomes obvious.
    There's always going to be one class that's better than the others. That's how balancing works. It doesn't mean it's cake for that class. And if I'm not mistaken, I see a variety of color in the top 100 and a mage in the lead by a lot... that's 15 more waves than the next unless he somehow cheated.

15+ Year Old Account
    getting gold is a joke, and some people have trouble coming face to face with the fact that they are not good at this game, seeing as proving grounds is a solo affair they have no one to blame but themselves for failure and in turn cannot handle doing your required task.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>