Poll: Your thoughts

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I like all the people saying "Warchief should be an Orc always, Troll is silly!" followed or prefaced almost immediately by "Any other faction leader would be better" so apparently Sylvanas, Lor'themar, Baine and Gallywix are all Honorary Orcs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    and he looked so badass when he said "I speak for da horde" *_*
    this, 100%.
    one other thing that I found quite impressive was, how big voljin looked alongside voljin. he was the same size as him when he was still "sitting". I would not have expected this.

Trassk you seem to be under the impression that the only kind of war leader is the kind that charges in with the rest of the army. That's not the case. There are plenty of men who led armies that never saw the field themselves. They were strategists. They stayed back and studied the situation, determining troop movements, where the best avenues of attack were, and what the best points of entry might be in a siege situation.

If you're not a warrior like Baine it would be foolish to lead a war like one. Vol'Jin led the way he knew best, and that was by studying the situation and making strategy. That's not being a coward, that's being smart. If you really think that makes a person a lesser warrior than another then you really are just biased and looking for any excuse to complain that it's not Thrall leading again.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ooh God, you people are getting worse every second.
    Isn't it about time you ask for his birth certificate or something? :')

He has no speech impediment at all, it's how Trolls speak.
    And begging the Alliance for help? What "warchief-option" solo'd Garrosh again? Ooh yeah, nobody!
    But nobody else resorted to crying his one-time enemies to help him. He had allies within the Horde, the Tauren, the Forsaken, the Blood Elves, the Underpaid Goblin Workers (the name of those npcs still kill me). With such a backup the answer to Alliance should be a laughter and sending the dead messenger back dead, tied to his horse.

Warchief who has to do that is a piece of crap Warchief. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ooh God, you people are getting worse every second.
    Isn't it about time you ask for his birth certificate or something? :')

He has no speech impediment at all, it's how Trolls speak.
    And begging the Alliance for help? What "warchief-option" solo'd Garrosh again? Ooh yeah, nobody!
    As much as i dislike him, thrall was able to beat garrosh in pre wotlk event, as well as, you know, was present during encounter.
    Also im just having problems calling someone who begs for help while lying in embional position "Warchief".

I seen it coming when they put daily quests over in durator/barrens working for that smelly troll. I don't really understand it to be honest. Orcs are the strongest race within the horde right? Well maybe not so much after Garosh elite but I don't see them wanting or accepting for that matter another race to lead them. I mean it would feel pretty dam weird to have anything but a human ( or a Dwarf IMO Loved/miss Magni ) lead the alliance. And honestly if they brought Magni back I would play the game again but I guess thats just the characters we love or hate you get use to something for so long weird knowing its not an orc in charge anymore.

I just hope the story doesnt progress enough for Varian to get old and die and Anduin take over /shudder. I think that would be a good time for Alliance leadership to switch to another race ( preferably not dwarfs in its current state ).
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Thorqin View Post
    I hate it, just hate it. A troll is leading my beloved Horde, a troll who conspired with the Alliance, unbelievable. Orgrim must be rolling over in his grave right now....

Blizz could have chosen anyone and it would have been better, Baine, Theron, Saurfang, Nazgrel, heck freakin' Aggra. Still can't Thrall passed the mantle to him...

Agreed fully. Fgt troll, i'd even rather have seen a blood elf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post
    Trassk you seem to be under the impression that the only kind of war leader is the kind that charges in with the rest of the army. That's not the case. There are plenty of men who led armies that never saw the field themselves. They were strategists. They stayed back and studied the situation, determining troop movements, where the best avenues of attack were, and what the best points of entry might be in a siege situation.

If you're not a warrior like Baine it would be foolish to lead a war like one. Vol'Jin led the way he knew best, and that was by studying the situation and making strategy. That's not being a coward, that's being smart. If you really think that makes a person a lesser warrior than another then you really are just biased and looking for any excuse to complain that it's not Thrall leading again.
    let me just clear this up here. I do not mind one bit having other faction leaders being in the spotlight, doing there thing, showing what there race can do. We saw it with lor'themar in 5.2, and it was great because blood elves needed something to do. The same goes for anyone other race, those not having development, are in dire need of it, and I'm fine with having faction leaders in the lime light, hell, I could put up with having an expansion all out any other race except my fav ones, for the sake of giving them development.
    But.. when you take the horde, which was created, sustained and lead by orcs, though not just wows time, but warcraft itself since the beginning, where you have the orcs story being the longest running story of warcraft, and why they are the figureheads of the horde because they being the ones who made it.. just to suddenly have a non-orc, becoming leader and defacto ruler of the horde.. thats bullshit.

I've given examples for people in this community on the alliance side, of how they would feel if the humans, with there history being as long as the orcs and being the figureheads of the alliance, just like the orcs are to the horde, to suddenly have human rule of the alliance overthrown, and have another non-human representing the alliance, not just as a commander or general mind you, just as its defacto leader for all races of the alliance.
    Now, that seems like bullshit doesn't it, thinking about that, because it doesn't make sense does it, having a night elf or dwarf or gnome being the leader of the alliance, when humans are the founding members of the faction.

That whats happened to the horde. It slowly began to lose its idenity since Garrosh came into power and fragmented the horde, but in one single move, the horde has lost its identity because of this outcome.

Should orcs be the face of the horde and represent it as the defacto race of the horde, Yes, because thats warcraft. It isn't racist, its a story, and one thats just been turned upside down by the writers trying to apply some shock tactic to it.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I love it, cos it freakin' makes sense. I know, crazy huh?

I swear, some people just want something pseudo-shocking to happen just for the fuck of it, but trust me, if pretty much any other choice had been made, then the novelty-factor would wear off after not too long.

Vol'jin is the most oldschool Horde-like candidate there was available (and no, Thrall doesn't count anymore - he is too neutral nowadays), so I say to all my true fellows out there who understand that this is the right decision for the future of our beloved faction ...

"FOR DA HORDE, ME BROTHAS !!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    But nobody else resorted to crying his one-time enemies to help him. He had allies within the Horde, the Tauren, the Forsaken, the Blood Elves, the Underpaid Goblin Workers (the name of those npcs still kill me). With such a backup the answer to Alliance should be a laughter and sending the dead messenger back dead, tied to his horse.

Warchief who has to do that is a piece of crap Warchief. Just saying.
    pretty much this. Vol'jin.. he's all words but no action, it really is the opposite end of Garrosh, who used rage and muscle headedness to get what he wanted, and yet now, we have a warchief who begged the alliiance for help..

Remember a time when the horde stood strong against the alliance, even when they had to work with them, it was in such a way they the alliance knew they couldn't f**k with the horde? Not with this warchief. And I dare say Varian knows that.

He'll have vol'jins balls in a grip in no time.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    let me just clear this up here. I do not mind one bit having other faction leaders being in the spotlight, doing there thing, showing what there race can do. We saw it with lor'themar in 5.2, and it was great because blood elves needed something to do. The same goes for anyone other race, those not having development, are in dire need of it, and I'm fine with having faction leaders in the lime light, hell, I could put up with having an expansion all out any other race except my fav ones, for the sake of giving them development.
    But.. when you take the horde, which was created, sustained and lead by orcs, though not just wows time, but warcraft itself since the beginning, where you have the orcs story being the longest running story of warcraft, and why they are the figureheads of the horde because they being the ones who made it.. just to suddenly have a non-orc, becoming leader and defacto ruler of the horde.. thats bullshit.

I've given examples for people in this community on the alliance side, of how they would feel if the humans, with there history being as long as the orcs and being the figureheads of the alliance, just like the orcs are to the horde, to suddenly have human rule of the alliance overthrown, and have another non-human representing the alliance, not just as a commander or general mind you, just as its defacto leader for all races of the alliance.
    Now, that seems like bullshit doesn't it, thinking about that, because it doesn't make sense does it, having a night elf or dwarf or gnome being the leader of the alliance, when humans are the founding members of the faction.

That whats happened to the horde. It slowly began to lose its idenity since Garrosh came into power and fragmented the horde, but in one single move, the horde has lost its identity because of this outcome.

Should orcs be the face of the horde and represent it as the defacto race of the horde, Yes, because thats warcraft. It isn't racist, its a story, and one thats just been turned upside down by the writers trying to apply some shock tactic to it.
    Well with the Alliance it would entirely depend. If, for some reason, Varian and Anduin were killed and Jaina were to take over leadership of the humans, and led them into a genocide campaign against the Horde, I think that the humans would need to take a step back from leadership in the Alliance for a bit. It's the context that matters and that's what you keep ignoring, and there's no point in trying to continue to explain it to you. People try and you just ignore them and go back to "Orcs started the Horde and they should always lead it!" By making absolute statements and leaving no room for any discussion about the matter you pretty much shut everyone down no matter what they try to say.

That's why I say you seem to be taking it personally, because by my perspective your every reaction thus far shows it.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    I love it, cos it freakin' makes sense. I know, crazy huh?

I swear, some people just want something pseudo-shocking to happen just for the fuck of it, but trust me, if pretty much any other choice had been made, then the novelty-factor would wear off after not too long.

Vol'jin is the most oldschool Horde-like candidate there was available (and no, Thrall doesn't count anymore - he is too neutral nowadays), so I say to all my true fellows out there who understand that this is the right decision for the future of our beloved faction ...

"FOR DA HORDE, ME BROTHAS !!!"
    Well first off, you're implying Vol'jin makes sense at all, everything we know so far about this guy says that he shouldn't be Warchief at all, advisor maybe, but not Warchief. Second, you're implying Vol'jin isn't "pseudo-shocking" and that he is not a "novelty factor" himself.

There are plenty of oldschool Horde canidates, if you think that Thrall is "too neutral", then apparently you're way to ignorant of lore to even be considered a part of this conversation.

"Fo' Da Horde"...What a joke....

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    As much as i dislike him, thrall was able to beat garrosh in pre wotlk event, as well as, you know, was present during encounter.
    Also im just having problems calling someone who begs for help while lying in embional position "Warchief".
    When Arrashi, who is usually full of violent messages and a seething hatred for all things that aren't morally black, is making sense, what does that say about the opposition?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well with the Alliance it would entirely depend. If, for some reason, Varian and Anduin were killed and Jaina were to take over leadership of the humans, and led them into a genocide campaign against the Horde, I think that the humans would need to take a step back from leadership in the Alliance for a bit. It's the context that matters and that's what you keep ignoring, and there's no point in trying to continue to explain it to you. People try and you just ignore them and go back to "Orcs started the Horde and they should always lead it!" By making absolute statements and leaving no room for any discussion about the matter you pretty much shut everyone down no matter what they try to say.

That's why I say you seem to be taking it personally, because by my perspective your every reaction thus far shows it.
    oh no see, I love context, because it can actually validate an argument within the folds of a story and situation.
    But the only context here is, orcs made into bad guys again, non-orc takes control, because orcs can't look after themselves. Theres you context within the story.
    #boycottchina

Deleted

I'm sorry, but you can't compare the system of a monarchy with the process of an elected chief - doesn't make sense bro. Replacing Varian - A KING - with someone outside of his own family-line, nevermind a different kingdom, nevermind a different race, is not the same thing at all, man.
    The Horde is about family, even though Thrall was the spear-point driving the Horde back in the day, the Darkspears and Tauren were considered brothers, rather than subordinates. Has Varian even ever listened to the council of the other Alliance races? Nay, but Thrall did, countless times (particularly Vol'jin).
    Racial lines did not define what the Horde became under Thrall's guidance, the spirit did ... and that's the legacy Vol'jin has inherited ...
    He represents the spirit of the Horde, and thus, has it's best interests at heart. So he is the right choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post

When Arrashi, who is usually full of violent messages and a seething hatred for all things that aren't morally black, is making sense, what does that say about the opposition?
    I know, its strange, but the last fews days, she/he's said things that i'm on board with. I guess as situations occur, the coin flips.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Well with the Alliance it would entirely depend. If, for some reason, Varian and Anduin were killed and Jaina were to take over leadership of the humans, and led them into a genocide campaign against the Horde, I think that the humans would need to take a step back from leadership in the Alliance for a bit.
    Because the actions of one individual equate to the values of an entire race?

Jeez, I hope you're wrong, otherwise, looking back at my ancestry, I may find 50% of myself wanting to incinerate the Jews!

Give me a break, one Bad Seed, regardless of their position, does not make their entire race bad, nor does it warrant them "Taking a step back from leadership."

Such a weak argument, I have no clue why people still cling to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    I'm sorry, but you can't compare the system of a monarchy with the process of an elected chief - doesn't make sense bro. .
    it doesn't make sense to you, because you can't comprehend it, you can't put yourself in that situation, and so can't make a comparison to it right now.
    this is where so many arguments fail in these threads, because people can't think outside there proverbial box.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, its strange, but the last fews days, she/he's said things that i'm on board with. I guess as situations occur, the coin flips.
    I usually roll my eyes at most of the over the top posts, but I'll admit, I smile every time I see his comments on the Night Elves, now that he's making sense? Look out world!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skur View Post
    Like Thrall said, it's because of Vol'jin's efforts that the Horde held together during the latest events.
    Actually, he did pretty much the opposite. The whole rebellion thing is what ripped the Horde apart and that was totally Vol'jin's doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Well first off, you're implying Vol'jin makes sense at all, everything we know so far about this guy says that he shouldn't be Warchief at all, advisor maybe, but not Warchief. Second, you're implying Vol'jin isn't "pseudo-shocking" and that he is not a "novelty factor" himself.

There are plenty of oldschool Horde canidates, if you think that Thrall is "too neutral", then apparently you're way to ignorant of lore to even be considered a part of this conversation.

"Fo' Da Horde"...What a joke....

Really? Everything we know about Vol'jin? How about Shadows of the Horde? I take it you've read that, right? If you can't see how that book evolved Vol'jin into a leader figure, than I'd say you're just in denial.
    Accusing me of only talking in implications is pretty ironic, as that's all you have offered, yourself.
    And you want to dismiss my arguments purely out of disrespect for my point-of-view? Well then, let's even things up : your signature says all that needs to be said about your point-of-view.