Thread: Tinker Class

Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Can we put this class to bed for now then?
    I'm struggling to find the negative aspect of that tweet.

Seems like its not a question of if we're getting a Tinker class, but when....

I'd say the steampunk cosplayer dudes being at Blizzcon are the best indication we have for Tinkers being unveiled. I don't see what else they would have that is remotely Steampunk related that they could announce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I'd say the steampunk cosplayer dudes being at Blizzcon are the best indication we have for Tinkers being unveiled. I don't see what else they would have that is remotely Steampunk related that they could announce.
    Ghostcrawler also said "steampunk is cool."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Seems like its not a question of if we're getting a Tinker class, but when....
    really? You guys seem to not read tweets well

Originally Posted by Ghoastcrawler
    Thoughts of a Tinker class? If not now maybe down the road?
    I've said before it depends on the treatment. Too easy for that class to be too wacky or precious. (Source)
    A more steampunk vibe sounds cool to me. A dude in a mech having misfires that poop out springs and gears less so. (Source)
    I don't know. Lucca from Chrono Trigger could work. A little bit of gnomish (tee hee) world enlarger goes a long way IMO. (Source)
    But maybe one of the designers will come up with a pitch perfect design that blows us away someday. Shrug. (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    really? You guys seem to not read tweets well

Originally Posted by Ghoastcrawler
    Thoughts of a Tinker class? If not now maybe down the road?
    I've said before it depends on the treatment. Too easy for that class to be too wacky or precious. (Source)
    A more steampunk vibe sounds cool to me. A dude in a mech having misfires that poop out springs and gears less so. (Source)
    I don't know. Lucca from Chrono Trigger could work. A little bit of gnomish (tee hee) world enlarger goes a long way IMO. (Source)
    But maybe one of the designers will come up with a pitch perfect design that blows us away someday. Shrug. (Source)
    Congratulations! You just proved his point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Congratulations! You just proved his point.
    Read comprehension is an amazing them to have, Let me translate for you what he is saying "Tinkers would be too easy to make wacky it would depend on treatment. Maybe one day one of the designers will come up with a perfect design for tinkers." they key word is MAYBE. I could say Maybe "Obama will come over to my house to drink coffee one day" Maybes do not always mean it is going happen means it MIGHT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Can we put this class to bed for now then?
    Teriz will keep bumping it saying it's coming as long as people post in the thread. Even if blizz said it would never he would say it would. Best thing to do is let the thread die

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Blizzard would never introduce a class into the game that shares the same name with an existing class. It would cause too much confusion within the classes.
    Your argument is that we can't have a Demon Hunter because we have a class named "Hunter"? Bullshit. The classes are nothing alike.

That along with the core Demon Hunter abilities being in the spell book of other classes.
    Not an issue. The Death Knight had the same "issue" and it wasn't one at all.

And of course we just got a new leather wearing agility class.
    Actually we got an unarmored agility class. They arbitrarily chose leather for them.

Demon Hunters could be put in mail, and they could xmog the gear into tattoes or whatever.

I really don't think the game needs another all melee class.

And yeah, Demon Hunters would be all melee.
    DKs could have been given a ranged spec very easily, to match the ones in WCII. DHs probably could as well. Certainly, they would be able to tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Your argument is that we can't have a Demon Hunter because we have a class named "Hunter"? Bullshit. The classes are nothing alike.
    You mean other than the fact that both are hunters, and the fact that some advocate for a DH class to use Bows?

Not an issue. The Death Knight had the same "issue" and it wasn't one at all.
    Death Coil Warlock was nothing like DK version of Death Coil. Also all of the DK's abilities weren't in the spell book of other classes. ALL of the Demon Hunter's are.

Actually we got an unarmored agility class. They arbitrarily chose leather for them.

Demon Hunters could be put in mail, and they could xmog the gear into tattoes or whatever.
    That doesn't change the fact that we just got an all-melee agility class this expansion. Now you're advocating for another one?

DKs could have been given a ranged spec very easily, to match the ones in WCII. DHs probably could as well. Certainly, they would be able to tank.
    No they couldn't. Physical ranged clashes too much with Hunters because of the name. Caster range clashes too much with Warlocks because they use the same school of magic. Like GC indicated, the design space simply isn't there.

Oh but there is room for Demon Hunter class

There wasn't design space for monks, but it sure worked out.

None of these bullshit excuses will matter when we finally get playable Demon Hunters. This is all people throwing tar at the idea because they either:

A)- Want a tinker.
    B)- Think a demo lock is a DH.

I'd like a tinker too, but the DH is way more important. That second group is just wrong- Demon Hunters at least have a melee spec, if not are a whole melee class.

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Read comprehension is an amazing them to have, Let me translate for you what he is saying "Tinkers would be too easy to make wacky it would depend on treatment. Maybe one day one of the designers will come up with a perfect design for tinkers." they key word is MAYBE. I could say Maybe "Obama will come over to my house to drink coffee one day" Maybes do not always mean it is going happen means it MIGHT.

- - - Updated - - -

Teriz will keep bumping it saying it's coming as long as people post in the thread. Even if blizz said it would never he would say it would. Best thing to do is let the thread die
    Keep in mind that, just like the months leading up to Pandaria's announcement, everything written in blue is conspicuously ambiguous.
    Someday isn't an empirical measure of time by any means.

That being said, as always, we're no closer to confirmation or denial. It's still fun to speculate.
    Last edited by Bashkar; 2013-09-16 at 12:22 AM.

Well Greg's latest tweets on the subject pretty much puts all speculation to rest. People can still debate it though. It is a free (sort of) forum

TBH, my hopes is that since the whole talent system revamp, they would be able to crunch out new playable class concepts instead of being held up by design. While the talents added a lot of customization and flavour, they were hella hard to balance. The main problems with balancing right now would probably stem from PVP. I think they have PVE fairly under control, there's not really much sway in terms of what class can do more or less damage in any given situation, it's all very predictable.

If they are able to, I'd love to see them add Tinkers and Demon Hunters both. The only real problem is how the addition of more new classes affects the overall player balance of who is playing what, and which characters people are bringing or excluding to raids. If they add Tinkers to the next expansion, we'll round out with 12 classes. Legion expansion comes? We'll get the 13th in the form of Demon Hunter hero class. Overall, it would still be easier to balance than 4th spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    Oh but there is room for Demon Hunter class
    There isn't. Blizzard is purposely moving the Demon Hunter concept into the Warlock class. They've been doing that since the end of TBC.

Then what is purpose of bringing illidan back

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not to bring Demon Hunters into the game. Illidan's theme has also been pushed into the Warlock class.

Dont listen to teriz, he tends to talk like he knows what hes talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Dont listen to teriz, he tends to talk like he knows what hes talking about.
    I no I no it's fun to mess with him I kinda no where blizz going with things they have plan I no demon hunters where thought to be hero class of wraith but later drop for the dk blizz knows when to add things and what to add

My read on it: they're not saying NO, NEVER! because they never say NO, NEVER!, after all they reserve the right to change their minds. Like GC says, maybe some designer will come up with such a kickass idea they'll be like "fuck yes, let's do that" in the future. But they're not sold on it at the moment.

Similar non-committal response on DHs, just pointing out the design space concerns we're already aware of. Doesn't mean no, doesn't mean yes.

My guess is no new class next expansion, I don't think they like the balance issues of throwing new classes at the game all the time. The one after - maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    TBH, my hopes is that since the whole talent system revamp, they would be able to crunch out new playable class concepts instead of being held up by design. While the talents added a lot of customization and flavour, they were hella hard to balance. The main problems with balancing right now would probably stem from PVP. I think they have PVE fairly under control, there's not really much sway in terms of what class can do more or less damage in any given situation, it's all very predictable.
    I think the logic went:

-Want talents to be meaningful, fun and sexy and not just +1% spell power anymore.
    -Okay put cool powerful talents in the new trees.
    -But wait if these talents are rotational DPS/major CDs there will always be one right choice for all situations -> cookie cutters.
    -Okay we make most talent tiers non-DPS related, or DPS-situational.
    -What does that leave? Mobility, CC, utility, heals.
    -Sweet that works great for PVE.
    -But guys doesn't adding all that mobility, CC, utility and heals have a serious effect on PVP?
    -Shut up, PVP guy!
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-09-16 at 02:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.