Thread: Tinker Class

Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I also look in the steam punk thing and that could deal with Titan tho it was delay blizzcon was plan before the delay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    My read on it: they're not saying NO, NEVER! because they never say NO, NEVER!, after all they reserve the right to change their minds. Like GC says, maybe some designer will come up with such a kickass idea they'll be like "fuck yes, let's do that" in the future. But they're not sold on it at the moment.

Similar non-committal response on DHs, just pointing out the design space concerns we're already aware of. Doesn't mean no, doesn't mean yes.

My guess is no new class next expansion, I don't think they like the balance issues of throwing new classes at the game all the time. The one after - maybe.
    As for a class next expansion, I admit it would be surprising, but at the same time, it would also make sense for a couple of reasons;

1.Blizzard has been working on remodeled vanilla models.
    2. They've introduced a new race two expansions in a row, and frankly the lore on all three of them has been lacking.
    3. Lack of any good racial candidates.

If there's not going to be new races, then we're more than likely going to get a new class. If its a new class, then its more than likely going to be the Tinker class.

Let's face it; Its the only class concept that not only has a history in the Warcraft universe, but it also doesn't overlap with any existing classes. Dragonsworn, Dark Rangers, Demon Hunter, and Battle Mage concepts all overlap with existing classes in spectacular fashion. Blizzard wants its classes to be as unique and different from one another as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    As for a class next expansion, I admit it would be surprising, but at the same time, it would also make sense for a couple of reasons;

2. They've introduced a new race two expansions in a row, and frankly the lore on all three of them has been lacking.

If there's not going to be new races, then we're more than likely going to get a new class. If its a new class, then its more than likely going to be the Tinker class.

Let's face it; Its the only class concept that not only has a history in the Warcraft universe, but it also doesn't overlap with any existing classes. Dragonsworn, Dark Rangers, Demon Hunter, and Battle Mage concepts all overlap with existing classes in spectacular fashion. Blizzard wants its classes to be as unique and different from one another as possible.

I got to call Bullshit.....on the bold. No one knows what the next class is most likely to be but Blizzard. As for your Tinker they said MAYBE someday they never said TINKER is the next class or even hinted at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    I got to call Bullshit.....on the bold. No one knows what the next class is most likely to be but Blizzard. As for your Tinker they said MAYBE someday they never said TINKER is the next class or even hinted at it.
    Then find another class concept that is on equal footing. No class overlap, a history within the Warcraft universe, and a similar history to the other WoW classes.

Deleted
    Then find another class concept that is on equal footing. No class overlap, a history within the Warcraft universe, and a similar history to the other WoW classes.
    If they make demon hunters wear mail, that's about all I can think of, but even that doesn't make as much sense as tinker. I didn't know what to make of Blizzard's statement on Tinkers, it's not like they would come out and admit to us that they were working on one if they were, I'm not saying it will happen but to me it definitely fits in best out of all archetypes I can think of.

There's always going to be class overlap. Demon hunter, ranger, dragonsworn, timewalker. All have a chance, and are all better than tinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    There's always going to be class overlap. Demon hunter, ranger, dragonsworn, timewalker. All have a chance, and are all better than tinker.
    Better? why? that sounds like an opinion to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Better? why? that sounds like an opinion to me.
    This thread is all opinions. Everything teriz says is an opinion, he just refuses to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't need too. GC own words MAYBE someday. It's done no matter how hard you try to argue and debate how your dream of tinker/tech class is next it's not. I do not know what The next class blizzard has planed but I do know they said MAYBE someday to tinkers. So all that bullshit of find another class concept that is on equal footing. No class overlap, a history within the Warcraft universe, and a similar history to the other WoW classes is just YOUR OPINION WHICH YOU TEND TO THINK IS FACT. Lets face it You do not work for blizzard your not a Blizzard dev but one said to your Tinker wet dream MAYBE someday!

Deleted
    Don't need too. GC own words MAYBE someday. It's done no matter how hard you try to argue and debate how your dream of tinker/tech class is next it's not. I do not know what The next class blizzard has planed but I do know they said MAYBE someday to tinkers. So all that bullshit of find another class concept that is on equal footing. No class overlap, a history within the Warcraft universe, and a similar history to the other WoW classes is just YOUR OPINION WHICH YOU TEND TO THINK IS FACT. Lets face it You do not work for blizzard your not a Blizzard dev but one said to your Tinker wet dream MAYBE someday!
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Tinker is the next class. But would Blizzard really have addmited to us that they were working on a tinker if they were? ofcourse not, they'd either outright deny it, or say something like "Maybe some day".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    It's pretty obvious that they don't. Demon Hunters are absorbed into Warlocks. Rangers are Hunters. Dragonsworn are simply various heroes who swear to dragons.

Tinkers? No such issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Tinker is the next class. But would Blizzard really have addmited to us that they were working on a tinker if they were? ofcourse not, they'd either outright deny it, or say something like "Maybe some day".

Most likely they would ignore the question or not give a huge broad answer like he did with DH answered it with a question. GC pretty much said it would be too silly depends on how it is put in game MAYBE someday one of the devs will come up with a epic development for it and they will be like oh fuck ya.

Deleted
    Most likely they would ignore the question or not give a huge broad answer like he did with DH answered it with a question. GC pretty much said it would be too silly depends on how it is put in game MAYBE someday one of the devs will come up with a epic development for it and they will be like oh fuck ya.
    Again, we can never really trust what Blizzard says, they've done crazier stuff before. Still, I agree, it's very unlikely, but we can never know for sure ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty obvious that they don't. Demon Hunters are absorbed into Warlocks. Rangers are Hunters. Dragonsworn are simply various heroes who swear to dragons.

Tinkers? No such issue.
    Well right here

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22405600

it was explained to you why Tinkers wont be next.

Also a huge issue is you seem to think your OPINION IS FACT

GC is just playing with you. Do you really believe that he would say "NO tinker as a class!" or "DH will be a new class"? Especially when blizzcon is 2 months away.
    So "MAYBE someday" means nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well right here

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22405600

it was explained to you why Tinkers wont be next.
    Only thing I saw in that post was a bunch of ranting and raving. Where's the explanation?

Deleted
    I am really, really looking forward to Blizzcon this year, mainly just to get the facts out in the open so alot of these debates can be finally put to rest, not just classes, but all this Dark Below nonsense as well as finally getting an answer on the Burning Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, we can never really trust what Blizzard says, they've done crazier stuff before. Still, I agree, it's very unlikely, but we can never know for sure ^^

Again pre mop Blizzard avoided answering the mop trademark in fact they said They trademark alot of things. When people said the next class was monk quite a few people on these forums said blizzard would never add monk in to the game.

Blizzard tends to avoid answering stuff that they are developing. I could see DH added because GC only response to DH was a dodge question unlike his answers to Tinker maybe someday. Teriz made some nutball thread awhile ago screaming tinkers were for sure next because 4th spec fake image, iron horde text tile, some steam punk art group at blizzcon.

oh here it is

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Burning-Legion

Deleted
    Again pre mop Blizzard avoided answering the mop trademark in fact they said They trademark alot of things. When people said the next class was monk quite a few people on these forums said blizzard would never add monk in to the game.

Blizzard tends to avoid answering stuff that they are developing. I could see DH added because GC only response to DH was a dodge question unlike his answers to Tinker maybe someday. Teriz made some nutball thread awhile ago screaming tinkers were for sure next because 4th spec fake image, iron horde text tile, some steam punk art group at blizzcon.

oh here it is

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Burning-Legion
    Maybe someday could be regarded as a dodging question technique, an answer designed to redirect attention. I know what your point is, but we still aren't ever 100% assured of anything, that was my point

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I saw in that post was a bunch of ranting and raving. Where's the explanation?
    explanation? sure

Teriz you do not work for blizzard nor do you have a clue on what blizzard is going to add next. Your OPINIONS which you seem to confuse for fact mean very little toward what blizzard will and will not do. GC own words on the tinker was MAYBE someday.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe someday could be regarded as a dodging question technique, an answer designed to redirect attention. I know what your point is, but we still aren't ever 100% assured of anything, that was my point

Try explaining that to this guy