Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will Vol'jin be happy with the Blood elves since they are occupying troll lands?

Quel'thalas is forest troll land (the Amani Empire). I understand that Warchief Vol'jin is a Darkspear, but will he be happy the some of his subjects are oppressing and occupying other trolls?

10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin chose the Horde over the combined troll races during the Cataclysm, I doubt he's that concerned with what enemy tribes think.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Vol'jin chose the Horde over the combined troll races during the Cataclysm, I doubt he's that concerned with what enemy tribes think.
    Pretty much this. Not only that, but Vol'jin was never a fan of what the Amani were up to, anyways.

He personally went to fight the Amani, he doesn't really care about other trolls unless they're Darkspear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    He personally went to fight the Amani, he doesn't really care about other trolls unless they're Darkspear.
    This is true; he went out of his way to defend the land from the Amani in Cata. I don't really think he has much care for what the Amani claim as their own.

Deleted
    Well, the Darkspear did sort of get shafted by every single troll tribe they ever came across, what with them being one of the smaller tribes as well as being considered weak and runtish physically.

Guess who's laughing now?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Well, the Darkspear did sort of get shafted by every single troll tribe they ever came across, what with them being one of the smaller tribes as well as being considered weak and runtish physically.

Guess who's laughing now?
    I'm gonna take a wild guess and say Vol'jin =P

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say Vol'jin =P
    Vol'Jin laughs for the horde as well now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crazy speculation time.

The Zandalari/troll storyline has been the multi expansion arc of the entire game. From Vanilla to MOP we've always dealt with some sort of Troll threat.

This has to be coming to an end though. We crushed Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman TWICE.

We defeated the Zandalari plot to resurrect the Mogu Empire (the Mogu have to be no longer a threat at this point, or a least a threat allied with the Trolls).

The troll arc ends one way. A raid to kill Prophet Zul and end the threat the troll tribes pose to Azeroth.

And then what?

They've been thoroughly crushed. Their homelands ruined by their attempts to recreate their Empire and not learn from the past as Vol'Jin has.

When Prophet Zul dies and the power of the Zandalari is extinguished, Vol'Jin, chieftain of the despised Darkspear tribe, Warchief of the Horde, will be the most powerful troll on Azeroth.

I think it would be nice if Vol'jin ended up bringing the rest of the Trolls, now shattered and demoralised, into the Horde, to teach them that there is a future after all.

He would also make the Amani recognise the Blood Elves aren't going anywhere.

But it's just crazy speculation people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Crazy speculation time.

The Zandalari/troll storyline has been the multi expansion arc of the entire game. From Vanilla to MOP we've always dealt with some sort of Troll threat.

This has to be coming to an end though. We crushed Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman TWICE.

We defeated the Zandalari plot to resurrect the Mogu Empire (the Mogu have to be no longer a threat at this point, or a least a threat allied with the Trolls).

The troll arc ends one way. A raid to kill Prophet Zul and end the threat the troll tribes pose to Azeroth.

And then what?

They've been thoroughly crushed. Their homelands ruined by their attempts to recreate their Empire and not learn from the past as Vol'Jin has.

When Prophet Zul dies and the power of the Zandalari is extinguished, Vol'Jin, chieftain of the despised Darkspear tribe, Warchief of the Horde, will be the most powerful troll on Azeroth.

I think it would be nice if Vol'jin ended up bringing the rest of the Trolls, now shattered and demoralised, into the Horde, to teach them that there is a future after all.

He would also make the Amani recognise the Blood Elves aren't going anywhere.

But it's just crazy speculation people.
    Being most powerfull troll doesnt really mean anything other than he will probably drop nice mount when killed. Also its hard to imagine vol'jin being "most powerfull" at anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Being most powerfull troll doesnt really mean anything other than he will probably drop nice mount when killed. Also its hard to imagine vol'jin being "most powerfull" at anything.
    The Trolls also don't really seem to carry any particular loyalty to the Troll race. The various trolls tribes are united with the Zandalari right now just because the Zandalari offered the chance to regain their former glory and destroy everyone else. It's not like Vol'jin is going to say "Hey, join the Horde and Trolls will be the master race and destroy and enslave all lesser races". I imagine if The Zandalari is truly broken, the various troll tribes will simply return to their own agendas... hell, it's possible they've done that already considering the Zandalari have failed twice now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Vol'jin and the Darkspear don't give a fuck about the Forest Trolls. Trolls are loyal to their specific tribe, not to their race. Hell, after the fall of the Gurubashi Empire the tribes that formed it began to fight against one other for territorial control, which is the mess that brought the Darkspear to be cornered (they were the smallest tribe, becoming easily outnumbered and so the easiest target to push away) and forced to leave the jungles of Stranglethorn in favor of far and lost islands.

This is indeed the reason for which the Darkspear have a strong despise for their "fellow" jungle trolls (it's Vol'jin that advised Thrall about using Trol'kalar against the trolls of Zul'Gurub) and while he never had a relationship with the Forest Trolls living on the other side of the continent, surely he doesn't care about them. Even less after the 4.1 where the Amani and the Gurubashi allied with the Zandalari, where Vol'jin stated that the Horde was his people, not the other troll tribes; and in fact he helped an Horde race (the Blood Elves) against his "fellow" trolls in Zul'Aman.

The only exception could be the Revantusk, but just because they are part of the Horde. And the Revantusk don't have personal problems (well, at least not recent problems) with the Blood Elves in terms of "territorial issues" like the Amani (that, by the way, always refused to rejoin the Horde after the Third War, since Zul'jin was almost disgusted that his hated enemy was part of it now).
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-09-16 at 02:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    Quel'thalas is forest troll land (the Amani Empire). I understand that Warchief Vol'jin is a Darkspear, but will he be happy the some of his subjects are oppressing and occupying other trolls?
    That's the thing though, he's Darkspear. Why should he care about the Amani? They're not his people. The troll tribes don't have an inherent care for each other. They hold no desire to ally themselves with other tribes unless there is a need for it.

He even went to actively fight against them in 4.1. I doubt he really cares.

Deleted
    The different troll tribes never cared for one another except the Zandalari, because they could've used the split off tribes to regain power over Azeroth.

But I could imagine Vol'jin starting to talk to them, especially the destroyed tribe of Zul'aman, because he holds no special grudges against them. They would be the 2nd foresttroll tribe to join the horde.

But the others?

Drakkari - hated by all other trolls, because they killed they're own Loa and besides that they always were the most brutal of troll tribes.

Zul'gurub - They were the reason for the darkspear to leave stranglethorn valley back in the days and used all other smaller tribes for blood sacrifices to Hakkar, no other jungle troll would try to contact them.

Farraki - They always were outsiders to other trolls, they are weird, outcasts and actually hated because they disrespect the other troll loa and praise other ones, besides that they use they're own dead as zombie workers.

I do not see Vol'jin uniting them NOR care at all for them. He never had something to do with Zul'jin and the Amani, why should he care about Amani Land? Same goes for every other troll tribe on azeroth except darkspear.

10+ Year Old Account
    First post.

I guess Vol'Jin will have a great relations with Lor'Themar and Baine instead with Sylvanas and Gallywix. Why?

Vol'Jin helped Halduron clear Zul'Aman durning Zandalari rise in Cataclysm, and the story is continue in Rise Of The Thunder King, but without Vol'Jin. Why i think also he will have bad relations with Sylvanas? It's depends if Sylvanas will pullback her forces from Gilneas, since Varian mentioned... He will start clear Gilneas from Forseaken, and also Genn promised avenge Liam. About Gallywix... Never trust goblins...

Considering he blatantly stood against the Amani/Zandalari in 4.1, he probably doesn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    Like most others already mentioned, he doesn't care for them, not to mention blood elves are of trollish descent. He considers the horde his family and since they helped him fulfill his coup against garrosh, I wouldn't be surprised if he helps them to drive out the amani for good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Like most others already mentioned, he doesn't care for them, not to mention blood elves are of trollish descent. He considers the horde his family and since they helped him fulfill his coup against garrosh, I wouldn't be surprised if he helps them to drive out the amani for good.
    It's likely possible, that Amani trolls can join to horde like the rest of blackrock clan durning Garrosh reign. Amnesty you know.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    It's likely possible, that Amani trolls can join to horde like the rest of blackrock clan durning Garrosh reign. Amnesty you know.
    Their nation is at open war with Quel'thalas, some of them might be allowed to join the horde, but only if they behave themselves. As long as Zul'aman is at war with the elves they will never be allowed to join as a whole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Their nation is at open war with Quel'thalas, some of them might be allowed to join the horde, but only if they behave themselves. As long as Zul'aman is at war with the elves they will never be allowed to join as a whole.
    'At war' is a rather strong term I'd say, what with the Amani tribe being pretty much completely broken and all.