Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Vengence and add groups.

Is anyone else having a little for difficulty when picking up multiple adds with the vengeance nerf?

10+ Year Old Account
    i tank w/a bremaster...so its always been an issue..thier aoe threat is stupid broke imo...

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in a similar boat with a brewmaster co-tank. They determine how much I tank in multi-add packs. Unfortunately, when the brewmaster decides to take way too much it's usually the fury war who subsequently takes it to the face instead of me.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    My co tank is a Brewmaster. I might as well not even bother trying with how broken their threat is currently.

Ya my main is a BrM and I know how it is. But even as a Pally it's rough without having some kind of vengeance before picking up adds.

Hmm... so sounds like I'll be in for more of the same since my co-tank switched from Bear to Monk. At least I'm used to it :P

Are the issues only with multiple adds, or do we struggle single target as well? This time around I'll be the better geared one

No problems whatsoever. If the adds are spread, judge one and avenger's shield the other. Or taunt one and then get some threat when it gets close. If the adds spawn close together, unglyph AS and ezmode it. We have several ranged abilities that we can use to pickup adds. Hell, if you want even more, you can glyph for Harsh Words and use WoG to get threat. Like I said, so many options.

What fights are you having troubles on? At 10/14 SoO, add pickup hasn't been a problem in the slightest.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think single or multi target a monk tank can decide whether or not they want to be tanking a mob over you. It's quite easy to scumbag on their end. If you let them go silly for three seconds or so and then do AW, they can probably not snap threat over you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Hmm... so sounds like I'll be in for more of the same since my co-tank switched from Bear to Monk. At least I'm used to it :P

Are the issues only with multiple adds, or do we struggle single target as well? This time around I'll be the better geared one
    Single target is fine, AOE is ok IF you get in first and get initial veng...otherwise your a taunt monkey trying to get aggro off the monk or his damn pet...

Ya I'm 13/14 Garrosh tonight. Picking up adds we have a lot, keeping aggro on them is a little tougher especially on Garrosh. No issues tanking till scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    No problems whatsoever. If the adds are spread, judge one and avenger's shield the other. Or taunt one and then get some threat when it gets close. If the adds spawn close together, unglyph AS and ezmode it. We have several ranged abilities that we can use to pickup adds. Hell, if you want even more, you can glyph for Harsh Words and use WoG to get threat. Like I said, so many options.

What fights are you having troubles on? At 10/14 SoO, add pickup hasn't been a problem in the slightest.
    Avengers shield has a cooldown and is also part of our rotation, so if that is on cd when adds come you are'nt left with that many good initial threat building spells(at range). Avengers shield and judgement feel like our only good snap threat spells to me.
    Last edited by Brummie; 2013-09-17 at 01:33 AM.

I had problems tanking the adds on garrosh so ended up just letting our druid solo tank phase 1, while i stod there and felt useless - guess thats the feeling all other tanks had doing tot

Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    I had problems tanking the adds on garrosh so ended up just letting our druid solo tank phase 1, while i stod there and felt useless - guess thats the feeling all other tanks had doing tot
    Wat?
    Just tank swap once in a while so both tanks have high vengeance and let the druid handle the adds. That way both of you should be able to deal plenty of damage without one tank being overwhelmed by adds + boss.
    Also Garrosh adds come in nice packs of 3 => unglyped AS does the job.

Well on topic: Yes aoe vengeance is majorly fucked up and idk what they were thinking. It was broken how higher number of adds would reduce damage taken before the patch but now it's just the other way round - more adds means you can't keep up with threat/damage income >_>
    Last edited by Nillo; 2013-09-17 at 10:29 AM.

Battle healer sounds like a really bad idea for p2-3. Besides there are better ways to get heal aggro anyway like Holy Prism or Eternal Flame (I even had to cancel RF for p3 or otherwise EF would instantly cause all adds to aggro on me)

Ya we tried to kill Garrosh Kat might in 25m, couldn't get it down in raid time so I took a 10m in to kill it after raid hours. Whoever is taking the boss the adds well just end up being on them. So when he screams we just have the OT taunt to help out. After a long night we downed it but man empowered whirling corruption sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brummie View Post
    Avengers shield has a cooldown and is also part of our rotation, so if that is on cd when adds come you are'nt left with that many good initial threat building spells(at range). Avengers shield and judgement feel like our only good snap threat spells to me.
    Rotations are great until your reliance on them leaves you unprepared for situations like this. A good tank can 100% his rotation. A great tank knows when to break the rotation.

Adds generally spawn on a timer. If an add spawn is coming up, you break your rotation so that you're prepared.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So instead of WOTLK cheesy Threat where everyone could go JOHNFUGGINMADDEN on the mobs, DPS actually have to LEARN to hyold off a split second or 2?

personally I like it. DPS should not be mindfugged to the point where they just unleash 300k dps in a sec and have the Tank whisper in the mobs ear for aggro. DPS should learn to curtail and learn WHEN to press thier advantage.

I LOVED tanking back in the day where everyone controlled their threat. It made the game more immerseive.

Now I can Powershot/Arcane spam and as soon as the npc gets to me my Tank hits Thrash and gains immediate aggro.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually it means that if you have a brewmaster monk, DPS can go nuts. If the brewmaster monk is taking a bio break while you're tanking the AoE trash packs one of them (the fury war) is probably gonna end up with a buddy or two.

Deleted
    Well, I haven't tanked myself in a long time, but sounds like the vengeance nerf really will be a slight bother, especially if playing with a BrM, that have so many tools to take aggro on adds. Though think Palas should be fine compared to other specs, just BrM that is a bit out of line, at least what I can think off. : )

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    So instead of WOTLK cheesy Threat where everyone could go JOHNFUGGINMADDEN on the mobs, DPS actually have to LEARN to hyold off a split second or 2?

personally I like it. DPS should not be mindfugged to the point where they just unleash 300k dps in a sec and have the Tank whisper in the mobs ear for aggro. DPS should learn to curtail and learn WHEN to press thier advantage.

I LOVED tanking back in the day where everyone controlled their threat. It made the game more immerseive.

Now I can Powershot/Arcane spam and as soon as the npc gets to me my Tank hits Thrash and gains immediate aggro.
    Wait, you use Powershot in raids/dungeons? Tanks must hate you lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironjaws-Mike View Post
    Well, I haven't tanked myself in a long time, but sounds like the vengeance nerf really will be a slight bother, especially if playing with a BrM, that have so many tools to take aggro on adds. Though think Palas should be fine compared to other specs, just BrM that is a bit out of line, at least what I can think off. : )

Wait, you use Powershot in raids/dungeons? Tanks must hate you lol.
    The only place I've felt the vengeance nerf is in Ulduar and ICC. Tanks won't have trouble picking up adds unless they have their ranged abilities on cooldown, as I pointed out above.

I can't speak for warriors, but my Blood DK co-tank and I (prot paladin) have had zero issues picking up single adds and multiple adds.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu