Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by t3180 View Post
    If your own faction is ganking you just take that buff too and they cannot attack you. You cant get rep by killing ordos but can do everything else.
    This whole concept totally eludes you. I'm on a high pop server, there tends to be a pack with the censer roaming around ganking people, if I use the censer to avoid them I expose myself to the other 95-98% of the people on the island and I get mobbed. What sense does your statement make? How do I use a 10 second cast item in a gy with 40 hostile players standing on top of me? Hmmmmmmm? I'd like to hear some more brilliant ideas, share some more.

Deleted
    I must admit, I feel guilty, I killed a guildie when I had my censer on and I said sorry in guild chat, he continued to say,'I hate the fact the horde always have to attack in numbers' I was laughing for like 10 minutes straight (considering we are alliance and the horde would tend to do things like that :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Thenamedosentfi View Post
    I must admit, I feel guilty, I killed a guildie when I had my censer on and I said sorry in guild chat, he continued to say,'I hate the fact the horde always have to attack in numbers' I was laughing for like 10 minutes straight (considering we are alliance and the horde would tend to do things like that :P)
    Had similiar situation, when I griefed my guildies on Mumble by calling each one with "Hey guys, something awesome in Old Pi'Jiu, come see at the molo" (or just "Kraken up"), killing them after and causing some funny rage. One of them got a total nuke, with all hunter cooldowns. Afterwards, he was like "dude, not fair, like a dozen of other animal npcs were attacking me!".

Blizzard, thanks for making Stampede worth a gCD again.

Deleted
    timeless isle is boring on a pve server, all the alliance and i can't even attack them?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    timeless isle is boring on a pve server, all the alliance and i can't even attack them?
    You would be swarmed on Mal'ganis xD these people are like ants they rip the flesh in seconds and be like LETS GO TO THE OTHER PLACE aka gamble cave after doing this shit for like 2 hours or something silly.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    You would be swarmed on Mal'ganis xD these people are like ants they rip the flesh in seconds and be like LETS GO TO THE OTHER PLACE aka gamble cave after doing this shit for like 2 hours or something silly.
    If they aren't at the gamble cave they are at the ramp to the rep farm spots. I guess some people have nothing to do but stand in one spot hitting one ability every 30s-1minute(if they even push a button before someone dies). That's probably the most boring playstyle I've ever heard of.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    If they aren't at the gamble cave they are at the ramp to the rep farm spots. I guess some people have nothing to do but stand in one spot hitting one ability every 30s-1minute(if they even push a button before someone dies). That's probably the most boring playstyle I've ever heard of.
    yeah that ramp is bad on pvp server

on mine theres always a few people stood on that ramp trying to kill everyone who runs past. the cave wasn't so bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    yeah that ramp is bad on pvp server
    It's like...unfathomable bad. I'm not even on a high pop PvP server and it has at minimum 50 people there at all times. Rep farming is practically not possible untl all these jackos get bored or they implement a fix to the debuff actually being relevant. I don't expect either to happen quickly.

Guess that's Blizzard's 6 month strategy on how to make this content last that long.
    BAD WOLF

sounds a bit like tarrens mill just, just more ffa style

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anisadora View Post
    I've seen people drink the bloody potion, go into massive AOE (like for the ship) and force people to get flagged.
    If you're not flagged your AoE will not hit flagged players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveGerardWay View Post
    If you're not flagged your AoE will not hit flagged players.

thats right, i was trying to flag people earlier no one was playing ball.

only bad thing about the censer is that you still can group, it should be FFA and even party members should turn hostile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    only bad thing about the censer is that you still can group, it should be FFA and even party members should turn hostile.
    If they put that in and made it to where the debuff actually prevents you from being attacked by other players then it would be fine. Sure you'd get killed every 7-10 minutes likely on the dot, but it's better than the alternative. Plus it would actually encourage PvP with strategy and whatnot instead of allowing 100 people to just camp the GY and rep spot.

But you know, things like this make too much sense so it clearly made it past all levels of development for this feature.
    BAD WOLF

I'm surprised people are still on the Timeless isle, tbh. I lost interest the first day after realizing the only content for me (a 535+ raid geared player who doesn't pet battle) was a mindless grind of ~2,000 bullmen who are only available in super concentrated areas being farmed by the same griefers and jerks the OP is talking about.

After gearing the alts I wanted for next expac, I left and will probably never return. The isle needed to be 5-6x larger and have 10 times more things to find and discover, imo. If the dynamic events are the rare spawns that are killed within 30 seconds of spawning, they need to go back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    The problem I've had is with people deliberately killing the Highwing Albatross birds when they know people are using them, of course not everyone does it though.
    Why use the slow route when you can simply swim to a fatigue zone fly up and use slow fall or one of the gliders that you can buy for 1k coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Is WoW the only MMO you play or have ever played? WoW has the worst world PVP out of any MMO I've played since 2000 and that says a lot, and yes Blizzard is lazy with it and it shows with half-assed gimmicks like the Blood Coins.

Dark Age of Camelot, Darkfall Warhammer Online, hell, even GW2's fake world PVP are better examples of World PVP done right. I hope they eventually nerf/rework this Censure shit into the ground.
    How do you even get the thought that WoW is the only MMO I've played or the first? I didn't even comment on the quality of the pvp experience. I just commented that PvP in WoW is inherently unfair, unbalanced, and world PvP is unstructured. I think it has its place in games. I don't play wow for PvP, nor do I think its implemented the best, but I also understand the rules that govern WoW PvP servers. The rules are basically there are no rules except no explotation of the game mechanics or environment. I don't understand why people complain when a hostile target attacks them, regardless of faction. It isn't as if the opponent just instantaneously pops censer then one shots you. The censer has a cast time and drops a players hp to dangerous levels. It takes time to recover, certainly enough time that if you're around you can either attack first, or defend yourself. I don't expect anything from PvP servers other than mindless ganking. I hope that it sometimes leads to epic battles, and sometimes it does.

If you don't want to endure mindless ganking, PvP servers aren't for you. That much has been clear since WoW began.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    This whole concept totally eludes you. I'm on a high pop server, there tends to be a pack with the censer roaming around ganking people, if I use the censer to avoid them I expose myself to the other 95-98% of the people on the island and I get mobbed. What sense does your statement make? How do I use a 10 second cast item in a gy with 40 hostile players standing on top of me? Hmmmmmmm? I'd like to hear some more brilliant ideas, share some more.
    If you're worried about the 95% of other players killing you...why wouldn't those players kill the players with censer that are killing you? You can't have it both ways. As far as brilliant ideas, run to another graveyard, or omg corpse run! 1 death run should get you to rez far enough away.

World PVP obsolete and should be removed from the game, or at least limited to certain zones on each continent where you don't have to do stuff as an innocent bystander. If you want to PVP, sign up for arena or battlegrounds where it belongs. There you will meet a more or less balanced team and you have to work to win. Isn't that the point of that aspect of the game? Use your skill to win against equal opponents? I guess some people find it easier to form a team and steamroll unorganized people with crap gear and little pvp experience. Chickenshit cowards...

My friends were determined to go to a specific realm which happened to be PVP, and now I have too many alts and contacts here to move. Lucky for me, I belong to the dominating faction, but this bloody coin farm might prove to become a true hell. Soon you have to 40-man raid the island to get things done.
    Bad move, Blizz!
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Well, if you could actually read, you would see that the majority of the OP's complaints would also happen on a PvE realm.
    Unless you flag yourself willingly, no, it won't.

Do you feel stupid? At least a little? :P
    Last edited by -Psypher-; 2014-02-05 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindican View Post
    Unless you flag yourself willingly, no, it won't.

Do you feel stupid? At least a little? :P
    Calling someone stupid is not helpful. What is more, you are wrong, the PvE server ruleset does not apply on the TI. If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say anything at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    World PVP obsolete and should be removed from the game, or at least limited to certain zones on each continent where you don't have to do stuff as an innocent bystander. If you want to PVP, sign up for arena or battlegrounds where it belongs. There you will meet a more or less balanced team and you have to work to win. Isn't that the point of that aspect of the game? Use your skill to win against equal opponents? I guess some people find it easier to form a team and steamroll unorganized people with crap gear and little pvp experience. Chickenshit cowards...

My friends were determined to go to a specific realm which happened to be PVP, and now I have too many alts and contacts here to move. Lucky for me, I belong to the dominating faction, but this bloody coin farm might prove to become a true hell. Soon you have to 40-man raid the island to get things done.
    Bad move, Blizz!
    In case some of you haven't figured it out, the Timeless Isle is an experiement, a huge beta test of some world pvp concepts that blizzard wants to try out. It is a mix of a GW2 leveling/exploration zone and an FFA pvp zone. It doesn't seem to be working out too well.
    Last edited by blackweb; 2013-09-18 at 02:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just pointing this out, I play on an RP-PvE realm and not once have I been force-flagged by an FFA-PvP or flagged Alliance player running into my AoE or standing on loot, or anything else like that. Worst case scenario I'm just more careful about where I click when I see health bars hovering over another player's head.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!