Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Every Flex run I seen wants you to have IL 520 min + exp with fights
    Flex too? That seems the be the asking IL for H Scenarios as well, haha!

It can be pugged easily, but people need to be willing to listen and not tunnel/afk auto attack.

So bluntly they can't act like typical LFR heroes.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    Now they just need to finalize the server "merge" thing with V. realm and then remove LFR and we might have a game again.
    Or you could just mind your own god damn business and stop worrying about what others are doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Flex is basically the same thing as 10 man in WotLK. Good thing or bad thing you decide.
    What is truly sad is seeing the exact same posters who have done nothing but whine and moan about the loss of Wrath style 10 man pugs bash the ever living hell out of flex raiding.

I feel lucky that the first time i did it it was thru openraid with a bunch of randoms that only spoke spanish. We one shotted everything and i got 3 out of 4 items. one of the best wow night of my life lol

Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    We thought we could use flex for recruit.
    Worst. Idea. Evar.

We basically had our main raid (8 of them) carrying 10-12 undergeared clueless baddies making the encounters hard as the normal ones, hitting enrage timers and going oom on every fight because 2 out of 4 healers' output was ridicolous.
    So you are complaining that using flex mode to test out possible recruits is working exactly like it was supposed to? Flex mode doesn't guarantee skilled players any more than any other mode did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ares66 View Post
    Really don't understand how people are STILL moaning about this brand new mode when you can choose who you want in your raid...

Unbearable the lot of you.
    It seems as though the elitist attitude of wannabe hardcores has finally come back to bite them in the ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    And yet Blizzard states themselves they are designed to be pugged as well. Can we please stop making these stupid claims to the contrary?
    Saying that it was designed primarily for guilds and groups of friends is not the same thing as saying it was not designed for pugging. Both things have been apparent all along and plenty of people, myself included, have said it should help realm pugging. So no one is saying that you can't pug out of it. No one has ever said that that I'm aware of.

Tom Chilton in a pre-5.4 interview:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The intent behind that is really to fill a gap that we feel like we have not nailed well in quite some time, probably not since Lich King. Ever since -- when raids became more difficult in Cataclysm, we realized that oh man, there's a lot of guilds out there that haven't gotten accustomed to raiding during Wrath of the Lich King, that just weren't able to progress anymore. They weren't able to step up their game to the point that the raids were tuned.

At the end of Cataclysm of course we introduced the Raid Finder. We sort of imagined that that was the better way to replace the pickup group experience that existed back during Wrath of the Lich King, all the spamming in raid chat, that kind of stuff to find a group. We felt like that's just a really clumsy process, let's take what we learned with the Dungeon Finder and apply that to raids, and the casual raiders will be able to take their entire guild, they'll be able to go into the Raid Finder and have a great experience.

As it turned out, because a lot of these guilds don't really have -- they aren't necessarily 25 person guilds -- they aren't going and they aren't really filling out all of Raid Finder. They get in there, they get mixed in with a whole bunch of random people, and it doesn't really feel like the cohesive, social playing with friends experience that a raid would have felt like, like a 10-person Normal raid in Wrath of the Lich King. So we really still had that gap. We hadn't filled it well with the Raid Finder. Raid Finder did do a good job in terms of finding the player that doesn't have a guild and doesn't really feel like standing around in trade chat all the time the opportunity to see the content. but it didn't solve all the problems, all those gaps we had. We feel like the introduction of that Flex Raid really fills that final gap.
    Casual guilds or small guilds that need to bring in a few people or that don't want to sit someone unnecessarily. Pugs as well. Relax.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to find a group of enough people who are interested in flex, and raid every so often. then again, I'm on moon guard and I fear pugs for anything at this point, Sigh I need to make new friends for this. "slash emo endslash" -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Flex is entirely what you make of it,

if you run a Flex raid with more than half of the players as strangers who may or may not have ever raided, of course it will suck, but that is entirely YOUR OWN FAULT.

if you don't guide new players carefully and thoughtfully, and sit/kick players who are not pulling their own way, of course it will suck, but that is entirely YOUR OWN FAULT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adonias View Post
    I just want to find a group of enough people who are interested in flex, and raid every so often. then again, I'm on moon guard and I fear pugs for anything at this point, Sigh I need to make new friends for this. "slash emo endslash" -.-
    make some cross-realm friends if you can. and you can increase your pool to beyond your home realm.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Today I saw "LFM Gold Challenge Modes - need min 520 ilvl" !!!

Did a Flex try other day with friends, pugged the rest.

The second boss confused the puggers for some reason, especially the healer we got.

Going to do some more tomorrow (friends cleared Flex on mains so will just get some more of their guildies tomorrow I guess).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Flex is entirely what you make of it,

if you run a Flex raid with more than half of the players as strangers who may or may not have ever raided, of course it will suck, but that is entirely YOUR OWN FAULT.

if you don't guide new players carefully and thoughtfully, and sit/kick players who are not pulling their own way, of course it will suck, but that is entirely YOUR OWN FAULT.

- - - Updated - - -

make some cross-realm friends if you can. and you can increase your pool to beyond your home realm.
    It's not other people job to teach or help new players, the majority of players (or humans in almost every situation in life) don't give a shit about anyone but themselves or people close to them. While I agree that inviting bad players is there own fault to some degree, kicking people is just as much part of being a good raidleader.

A raidleader is there to guide you in big lines of what is going to happen soon, not to hold peoples hand and guide them every step of the way.

But I agree with you, for different reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you, Grubjuice. I do have a few friends, most are horde atm, as I am alliance, just the stigma of MG has ruined my desire for others, quiet a loop I have put myself in, Thank you though for your words. ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Ugum View Post
    Flex too? That seems the be the asking IL for H Scenarios as well, haha!
    There are folks on TI that request 515 for turtle farming.

No, I am not kidding.

some people dont want to make tasks harder by undergeared people...it's really that easy. usually people wont care the ilvls if its within their own guild....hence why choosing a proper guild and sticking with it is better than being a loner i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    It's not other people job to teach or help new players, the majority of players (or humans in almost every situation in life) don't give a shit about anyone but themselves or people close to them. While I agree that inviting bad players is there own fault to some degree, kicking people is just as much part of being a good raidleader.
    I can't imagine how a 'me-first' playerbase, filled with players who feel it's not their responsibility to help out other players, becomes surprised when they find out how many sub-par players are around.

In short, if you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Conclusion:

Content Blizzard creates is too hard for 90%+ of player base. Blizzard FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I can't imagine how a 'me-first' playerbase, filled with players who feel it's not their responsibility to help out other players, becomes surprised when they find out how many sub-par players are around.

Once again....people tend to care more about you when you are in their guild as opposed to being a pug outside of guild or just another guy from open raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

No, back when I started there were plenty of people who helped me. But I never felt like they should help me. Helping somebody should be spontanious when you feel like it, not expected because some people can't be fucked read tooltips.

This is a game, you pay for YOUR OWN entertainment. Not for somebody else.

Again, often I'm the first in line to help people. But it pisses me off when noobs feel entitled to assisstance. (noobs isn't meant in a bad way) Someone isn't a bad guy because he just wants to have fun playing his game without the hassle of a noob/new player.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    Once again....people tend to care more about you when you are in their guild as opposed to being a pug outside of guild or just another guy from open raid.
    Which isn't bad, if I had to help every new player out there who sucks in raids I'd be busy 24/7 and still not get shit done. If I have 3 hours of relaxtime in a night, I don't wanna spend 1/3 of my time helping somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Conclusion:

Content Blizzard creates is too hard for 90%+ of player base. Blizzard FAIL.
    So wrong on so many levels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    So wrong on so many levels.
    I don't think he was serious.

Deleted
    wait, wtf, this is heroic lfr we're talking of, it's like, supereasy o_o